Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Post Rolling Anxiety

-Raver-

Bluelighter
Hi.
After taking my second ever pill 2 Fridays ago, I am finding it very hard to get to sleep. All I do for the first 3 hours of getting into bed is think about that last cap I had. It was such a fantastic cap, that produced the most awesome "journey", that I stay up worrying if I will ever get that high again.
It is making me feel like if I don't get another awesome cap like that one, my life won't feel "complete". Its harder as well, as my girlfriend doesn't know that I drop pills, and naturally, she thinks my inability to sleep, and the frustration associated with that, is because I did something with another girl on my trip (which I did not :p).
Are these feelings normal?
I guess I'm not expecting a solution to my problem, but I just needed to get it off my cheast.
With thanks.

Go the spelling
smile.gif

Chest not cheast ;p

Perfectly normal to think these kinds of things after what can be a profoundly life-changing, or perspective-broadening experience. Perhaps part of the anxiety is due to hanging on to the experience so fondly that it's becoming difficult to assimilate into your daily life.
One thing that may help a little is to start letting go of that single experience in terms of hoping to recreate it. Rather than wondering if you'll ever feel that good again, or hoping to do it exactly the same next time, just appreciate that experience for what it was. Not only did it feel so good, but quite possibly it changed the way you see yourself, or the way you think about certain things. Even when you've been taking pills for a long time, you'll notice that each experience is slightly different to all the previous ones, and you can start to appreciate each high for what it is.
So if there's a 'next time' when you go out and take a pill, try to stay as open-minded as you were the first time, and go wherever the experience takes you. To try and recapture the first time can sometimes be like trying to steer a train off it's tracks, in that you're heading on a journey that is taking you to a certain place, and if you're hoping to go somewhere else, you may disappoint yourself and not notice how much fun you're having because it's not the same as before. Each pill may give you a different experience, try to appreciate the good parts about each time rather than forcing yourself to relive a past experience.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

Thanks a heap BT. You said what my friends have been saying, except you made hell of a lot more sense
smile.gif

I guess I need to focus on what lies ahead, and take that night as a fantastic experience, to be remembered for a long while.
Thanks again..

Yah sleeping after somethng like that is hard, i find if you try to sleep, lie there and (ok this is gunna sound funny but here goes) try to bring your world back into you, its like your out there so much, close you eyes and concentrate on your breathing, bring you feelings experiences behind your eyes and into yourself and you will fall asleep. Be persistant tho cause it takes a few mins.
I could never sleep after a big night out on pills and found it fuked my entire w'end csause i was too tired. This might only gove you a couple of hours sleep but giove it a go.
Also - strongly, strongly recommend tell youre girlfriend. This isnt going to be something you "get over" quick, its an experience and ho knows she might wanna try too!

I've rolled a fair few times, and I used to find sleeping difficult due to anxiety for a few days afterwards...
It didn't take me long to learn how to deal with it, just remember it's all in your head. It's always harder to deal with difficult decisions, situations, etc after rolling. Things which are in your mind are worse, especially when you stew over them in bed, because you have so much time & all your concentration available to stress over it.
Chill
smile.gif

------------------
wisest is he who knows that he does not know...