• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Neurontin Question

tramadol32

Greenlighter
I have easy access to neurontin. Should I even bother? What are some of the effects and in what mg?

It's recreational for some people, including myself. At doses of around 3 grams it gives a lot of energy without being tweaky in the least.

Apart from the recreational value you really should consider taking it for the anti-seizure affects given your tramadol doses.

Neurontin is something they gave me for sleep in treatment, its for nerve damage, and is more or less slowly being replaced by Lyrica, the new generation of nerve receptor blockers. I dont know what kind of tolerance you have, but neither drug gave me any sense of euphoria, all though I did cheek enough over the week, that when we would sleep in on Sundays, I would take like 15-18 of them at once, since I was allowed up to 3 at night for sleep.

^That's one of the weird things about neurontin, it can either put you to sleep or wake you up. For me it depends on whether I'm tired or not. Seems almost impossible to OD on, seen my wife do 50+ grams (not a typo) on many occasions.

Neurontin's not bad stuff.
Though, for it's pain killing properties & honestly, it's "high" properties as well, I need to take a rediculous amount of them in order to feel any decent effects.
My wife is prescribed 300 mg capsules & I have to ingest about 12 - 15 of them throughout a day for there to be any benefit to me.

I try not to do it often though.
Only when my Lortabs run out & I'm left without anything but Ibuprofen for a couple of days.

For me, there's a mild euphoria involved as well as a bit of a drunk feeling to my body without the intoxication of the mind that comes with alcohol. Oh & yeah, strangely a bit of an energy boost as well.

As for the risk of an OD, my daughter's boyfriend often get's some from friends & such & "eats them like skittles" as he says. Taking as many as 30 or 40 at a time without any adverse effects, so who knows what the danger levels are?
I DEFINITELY wouldn't ever suggest taking anything like his levels though.
Sad to say, he's one of those people who will seek out & ingest virtually anything that might make him high, so his tolerance level is redeculous!

I was prescribed neurontin twice, once for bipolar and the other for anxiety. I would take up to 4g sometimes. Its near impossible to OD from this stuff. Had intoxicating effects but yet kept me sort of stimulated at the same time. Mild euphoria. Lasts a long time.

Why would you take 50 GRAMS of neurontin?? Once the magic (so to speak) is gone, its gone. Increasing the doses won't do anything special.

8o
^That's one of the weird things about neurontin, it can either put you to sleep or wake you up. For me it depends on whether I'm tired or not. Seems almost impossible to OD on, seen my wife do 50+ grams (not a typo) on many occasions.

8o

I guess they pretty much ARE like "skittles" for some people...

Longterm though, I don't know what sort of harm they might do ( if any ).
Can't be much though even in the event that they say there is some, because my daughter's physicians put her on it for her ADHD for about a year when she was seven ( she just turned 10 ) to no real effect.
It was supposed to help calm her, but...

I was prescribed neurontin twice, once for bipolar and the other for anxiety. I would take up to 4g sometimes. Its near impossible to OD from this stuff. Had intoxicating effects but yet kept me sort of stimulated at the same time. Mild euphoria. Lasts a long time.

Why would you take 50 GRAMS of neurontin?? Once the magic (so to speak) is gone, its gone. Increasing the doses won't do anything special.

That is, indeed, quite true in my experience as well.
If you're looking for something that has a long life to it's effects, Neurontin is definitely it.
I've taken it in the afternoon, had it last the rest of the day, slept on it overnight & still felt it the following morning. And that's just a dozen or so 300 mg capsules, so...

Because she's retarded? IDK, I told her a million times she was just wasting it. But she never seemed to listen. One of a long list of reasons we aren't together anymore.

It's a good drug. I've found taking it as prescribed is better than abusing it. I'm not high, but i'm also not anxious/nervous -- and when I run out of neurontin after using it retardedly -- there's certainly a withdrawal. I feel depressed, anxious, emotional, nonsocial. This lasts for a week or so after the last dose.

Take it from me, this drug has some real consequences if abused.

Last edited:
To answer the most important part of your question, nom you shouldnt even bother. then again your name is tramadol, which is would just throw away if i had some. im an opiate elitist i guess

I have read, that gabapentin can be used IV. Am i right?
Is it smart to inject neurontin?

Sorry if there is some errors in my text. Im not good at english..

I've never heard of people injecting Neurontin. You certainly wouldn't want to just open the capsules and cook it up. Although it is is highly water soluble. Shooting up Gabapentin sounds retarded. What would be the point? It would probably just kick in faster, I doubt a rush. But I have no experience with something like that.

There is no rush shooting up gabapentin.

But it will kick in faster and have more bioavailibilty from oral...

i was on neurontin for anxiety, at low doses i find it quite relaxing and helpful, if i take more then 800mg, i feel like a zombie and feel restless, like i wanna talk, but cant get all the words out, and difficult for me and frusterating, dont IV neurontin, its not even euphoric like that anyway, pills are big...waste...all them people who take 2000mg to get high or whatever sounds nuts i get too zombie like, stay low at 400-800mg starting

Given the doses needed your arm will look like it got caught in a sewing machine before you feel anything.

i wouldn't shoot gabapentin.

i'd think injected gabapentin would feel somewhat like shooting a benzo(no "rush" or greater effect, just comes on faster).

My doc will only prescribe me 800mg a day....I'm 22 now and when i was 17 I was on 2400mg/day...I keep telling her that its not enough...It helps my anxiety/depression/moods SOOOO much...But I can never make it last, because like most people have said, it takes at least 2 grams to notice anything...and its not even about catching a buzz for me...its about helping me deal with my conditions....still.....the withdrawal from this stuff is almost on par with Valium or Ativan.

My doc will only prescribe me 800mg a day....I'm 22 now and when i was 17 I was on 2400mg/day...I keep telling her that its not enough...It helps my anxiety/depression/moods SOOOO much...But I can never make it last, because like most people have said, it takes at least 2 grams to notice anything...and its not even about catching a buzz for me...its about helping me deal with my conditions....still.....the withdrawal from this stuff is almost on par with Valium or Ativan.

I couldn't put Gabapentin withdrawals to be on par with benzodiazepines at all. Maybe on par with pregabalin. Although the only withdrawals I get from pregabalin (which is stronger) are psychological. Basically depression and anxiety. Feelings of sadness due to anxiety.