getting off lyrica and suboxone this summer

duneplanet

Bluelighter
OK first of all Im currently withdrawing from benzos. Im hoping my benzo withdrwal will have gotten better this summer (or according to some people benzo PAWS) but im unsure. ANyway to cope, im on 550 mg of lyrica (hefty dose I know) and .5-2 mg of sub (depends on how brave im feeling.) now first im gonna get off suboxone because i hear that lyric ahelps with it. I should mention that I have many mental disorders, including ptsd and aspergers. I am extremely hypersensitive. so withdrawal for me is a thousand times worse than your average drug abuser. My dr says hes never had a ptient that has a had a harder time with benzo withdrawal then me.

my plan for getting off suboxone is: kratom two days, phenibut two days, repeat. I had a question about kratom.. does it extend opiate iwthdrawal? since it acts on opiate recpeprots, will I recover from sub withdrawal in the same amount of time I would without kratom? people with [person experience are prefered. also, how long should my sub withdrawal take if i do the plan im thinking of? and what dose should i taper off at? is there any amount of time i should take tapering to minimize withdrawal?

as far as lyrica goes, im planning ont apering down 25 mg a week. i know this may be slow but due to my hypsersensitivity i need to do this. how long sh ould my lyrica withdrawal take? I may need emotional support from you guys cause i am a very troubled, sad, and anxious person and i have very few friends. I know this is gonna be a rough summer but after going through benzo wi thdrawal 4 times i feel like i have a little fight left in me. thanks for your help.

also, has anyone used phenibut and lyrica to help with benzo withdrawal? can is till reover while using them?

thank you so much. mods please dont move this to the lyrica or sub megathreads ri ght away ill get more answers here. thanks again

sorry for the typos im having a bad day in benzo hell

also how long does it take for the early morning awakenings to stop? also mods can you move this to tds i think id get more answers

It is most likely PAWS that you are still experiencing from benzos as it can last a while.

With the kratom for suboxone withdrawal, from what i understand you can take it every day while withdrawing and it wont extend the withdrawal time noticeably at all. Stop taking it after 3 weeks and you should be mostly clear of withdrawal and won't really withdraw from the kratom, as it has a very weakly forming addiction in itself.

Sorry i don't know anything about lyrica can't help you there.

Also there is no need to post multiple times in a row. Use the edit button. Im fairly certain that "bumping" your own thread is not allowed here. Just wait patiently and i am sure someone will be willing/capable to help you. :)

Hey man, congrats on speaking up! Bluelight is a wealth of information and support, it's helped me through some tough times

First of all, when you say summer, I assume you're in the southern hemisphere....cause where i live, its been below freezing for about a month, and its not even winter yet :O

On to your questions: Kratom has helped many, including me, through various degrees of opiate withdrawal.... Now, I wouldn't say it will be "easy" to jump off the kratom, it is certainly a step down (in the right direction) and SHOULD be manageable, especially if you have medical assistance

As for the benzo's/lyrica, I have far less experience.....all I could suggest is taper slowly, stick to it, and stay positive!

Pm me, or if ya want i could shoot ya an email address, if you feel like having somebody to talk to (half the world away to your computer screen! aint technology grand!)

its winter where im at i mean this summer as in 6 months from now. im planning ahead lol. what if i took kratom every other day? could i avoid withdrawal that way? Like give myself a break every other day and still recover from the sub withdrawal? thanks. you can pm me too if u want

if you use phenibut 2 days on 2 days off like that it won't work very long unless you start massively increasing your dose

i think you have many much more serious mental issues going on here than polydrug abuse. Have you ever been to a psychiatrist? Just by reading your post I could articulate symptoms of hypochondria-sis, one doesnt simply replace one drug for another or in your case many different drugs to quit just one.

im under the impression you have a plethora of other psychosocial behavior disorders you need to conquer before you can begin actually treatment of your poly-drug abuse. your post has a weird vibe of a self serving attitude when you describe genetic disorders like aspergers making it harder for you to overcome addiction

edit: without a prior opiate addiction how exactly did u get on suboxone?

Last edited:
i didnt asked to be judged i asked for help. im not abusing any drugs im scripted them. I have a lot of anxiety and im withdrawing from benzos so obviously my post isnt perfectly sane but if ur not gonna answer my question and just judge me please dont respond/

my questions now are: will phenibut effect my benzo recovery?
would taking kratom every other day extend my sub withdrawal?
and how long does lyrica withdrawal last?

Hi, yes, kratom every other day will extend your suboxone withdrawal, but not too a painful degree. It is a step down...

Phenibut cab work wonders, and feels great the first few times. I'm sure as you know, it works on GABA-B as opposed to GABA-A. It will provide some relief from the benzo WD, and won't notably prolong it, but develops its own withdrawal syndrome quite fast (5-7 days consecutively will have a rebound) and having your GABA system already fucked will make you hypersensitive to this....I would recommend Baclofen over Phenibut, easier on the body and without the stimulating phenethylamine rebound..

Lyrica withdrawal can last ages. This one was a nightmare for me. And awful in that there is no clear remedy, having its peculiar mode of action, no easy amelioration. It took me about a month to not feel suicidal the time I did it incorrectly, no taper. REALLY taper this one if you have a good physical habit going. Get LOW and then maybe switch to gabapentin and then taper off that? This worked for me.

Good luck, and try not to get too cerebral about it. I know, I do the same thing, and I noticed you said you have aspergers, so i imagine (for the sake of stereotyping ;)) its tough not to overanalyze this, and be thinking about this plan 6 months in advance.. .:) but good to plan a decent taper. Its gonna blow any which way.....

Good luck, and be safe<3

thanks so much. the only thign im worried aobut now is lyrica withdrwal but theres no way its as bad as benzo w/d

of course:) i wouldnt sweat the lyrica wwithdrawal too much. In my experience it was only truly awful the first time, when I stopped cold turkey, and had no idea what I was in for. Its a strange feeling, kinda like a cross between benzo and opiate withdrawal but with a signature emptiness that takes a while to go away. Not nearly as physical and terrifying as benzo withdrawal, by a long shot! But, tapering properly, and using gabapentin if necessary, makes it not so bad at all. When I said in my last post "its gonna blow any which way.." this was more just a summation of all of my kicking experiences:

It may not be the worst ever, but its always bad enough:|

It sounds like you have got a good plan and are already working on it. Good idea to get the benzo wd over now, and give you time to get that clinging transient anxiety over with. And, with a such a low dose of suboxone, the withdrawal isnt that bad. Its long and unpleasant, but it wasnt near as bad as I had been fearing for the year previous.

Good luck and keep up the good fight. Its all worth it<3

ty so much. im excited to get off sub cause i found out where to get legal codeine! :D the little things in life are what make it worthwhile. a gf would be nice tho :p