Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

bananas?!?!? :o(

pill_popping_babe

Bluelighter
i always seem to feel way worse than most the next day, wondering if people have any tips to help me out? i've heard eating bananas 4 hours before you take the pill, but that doesnt seem to do anything...

Bananas have Tryptophan (TP) in them that is two steps before Seratonin (5-HT). You would need to eat Bananas a few days before and straight after to assist in minimising brain damage. However there is a quicker alternative (Although the research is a little scetchy). Go on the internet and find a vitamin company in the US or NZ and buy 5-HTP (One step past TP and One step before 5-HT). Take these at least 12 hours prior to a role (Most vitamins take about 12 hours to be fully effective from the point when consumered) and also take some immedietily after rolling to assist in the replenishment. You may wish to combine these with B6 as this will assist in breaching the blood/brain barrier.
P.S 5-HTP is not found naturally in any foods.
------------------
"Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light?"
"Well I have actually and it turns out that the devil is a real top bloke."

Bananas contain tryptophan (spelling?), which aids in the production of seratonin. It's the same with turkey meat.
The theory is that it's like a natural way of pre-loading. But I think that you need to eat bananas and turkey meat for a few days before for it to make any real differenece because it needs to be metabolised properly.
Bananas are good to eat the day after, because they're high in vitamins and also for the tryptophan they contain...
smile.gif

(Airwalk you bastard! You beat me!!!
wink.gif
Well, at least the information is right...
smile.gif
)
[This message has been edited by Pleonastic (edited 11 July 2001).]

Hi Pill_popping_babe. welcome to bluelight...
If you're interested in all things you were ever afraid to ask, and never wanted to know, try this link below - it's also at the top of our Australian Forum Page under the heading --->
***** EVERYONE READ: Info, Posting Guidelines and FAQ *****
It contains a short FAQ on some things you might be interested in, and more importantly, a link to the Super Aussie FAQ which contains masses of information about pre-loading, post-loading, and all the nutritional info we can muster to help you repair from an MDMA experience.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

Just a note, though...turkey meat doesn't contain any more tryptophan than chicken and a whole lot of other foods.
Actually, sleep is one of the best ways to produce serotonin, along with a balanced diet.

Did a little research at the USDA Nutrient Data Laboratory and came up with some interesting results (all are grams per 100g portion):
lean roasted pork 0.39 (up to)
roast breast turkey 0.32 (up to)
roast chicken (+skin) 0.29 (up to)
banana (raw) 0.012
cheddar cheese 0.32
swiss cheese 0.4
gruyere cheese 0.42
parmesan cheese 0.56
If you want to do a search for a food go to this page and just type in the foods name. Surprised about the bananas... Looks like its cheese from now on.
------------------
:: www.guerrillanews.com/cocakarma/ -- a must read ::

100gms of cheese is a fair bit. How much does the average banana weigh? probably easier to eat a banana a day to get the same amount.
I thought turkey would have been heaps higher though.
Wish you could search for foods with highest content of X amino acid!

We'll facts, stats, and figures aside...
my experience with coming down and experimenting with supposed "tryptophan(& tryptophan related substance) containing" consumables, is that Bananas most certainly DO have a profoundly noticable effect on a 'post 20-48hour' comedown.
I live 20mins from a train station and have found myself very very strung out on occasion at the thought of having to travel to the city for any reason during these "dont touch me until ive had my espresso or I'll rip your holy head off" periods... and I use the word, 'period' very concisely.
Time and time again I get myself a funky ripe banana (believe it or not, there are funky ones out there..), whack some cheap vanilla icecream and some FULL FAT milk in a blender with it, and down the lot before I set off. On each occasion it has usually altered my mood dramatically by the time I set foot on the train. You may argue that it is psychological but I'm way too aware of my emotional make up and the things I do to it to believe that... ...the changes are quite good I find...
The thing is.. I HATE bananas when im in a normal frame of mind... but post-MDMA there is a certain 'appeal' to them that must indicate some kind of "I need to eat that" chemical association attraction. (In much the same way that a large number of pregnant women experience a craving for grapefruit, then later find out that they have abnormally low blood pressure and that grapefruit is a very very versatile means of raising their blood pressure).. *cue twilight zone music*
In future I can say with most cetainty that "at least I know whats in my fruit and that it may not be imported but I know for sure that the come up time is about 20mins",
hmm... another mood altering substance enters the ranks for classification... "MAKE THOSE BODIES SING!"

I have a long list of tryptophan rich foods stuck on my wall... 'naaanas are by far the easiest to eat after a night out pilling.
smile.gif
Cashews and soy etc are good a bit later on.

Well I must say I had a whole lot of veggies the other night that I roasted at home, made me feel better than I have in a looooong time.

Mmmmmm..... 2 words -
banana jaffles
perfect after waking up and needing something to munch on..........
------------------
SMILE :) - it's the second best thing you can do with your lips ;)

GODDAMIT!!! YES!! IM WITH SOMA ON THE VEGGIES!!
Is there *anything* nicer (apart from helping a Llama give birth) than coming home alone, roasting some funky funky veggies (that for some reason seem so friggin appealing to you at this point in time), and sitting down in front of some "leave your brain in the fridge" television and eat them all with a nice hot packet mix of chicken gravy and/or waffles...
(well, maybe NOT the waffles but they sure have kept my "chosen-family" entertained for a number of weeks at our comedown partys)
Oh it makes me wanna get into the kitchen right now... im off...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Theres a time and place for everything on earth.
And a pill for everyone of those too..
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I find that a Soy Milk drink is the best thing to down after any sort of hard partying!! I'm not talking about the disgusting Sanitarium Soy Drink but the stuff you can buy at all asian grocery stores, in the refridgerated section. They usually come in the 2 litre milk style containers and are a wonderfully sweet, refreshing drink, especially ice cold!