• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How do I get the coating off of Oxy 10mg pills?

Sinnerman

Greenlighter
I have a handful of oxy 10mgs, to be clear they are the small white pills with an OC on one side and a 10 on the other. (OcyContin 10mg - controlled release)

My goal is to turn these into immediate release but I seem to be having problems with this.

I have read through several online posts and FAQ's about removing the outer coating on Oxy's so you can crush them to snort or eat but something isn't working.

I tried crushing one pill without doing anything and it was like it was encased in a super hard wax so that didn't work obviously. I read that you can suck on them a while and then take them out and wipe them off but when I so this it seems like the entire pill is made of coating it never seems to come off.

I also read you can scrap it off with a sharp knife or razor blade but I tried this as well and I couldn't seem to identify the coating vs the pill.

Has anyone else had as much of a problem with this and if so did you find anything that worked or am I just a dumb ass who wasted your time writing this post.

Thanks,
-S

Edit... read post way too quick sounds like you have the new formulation of pills or whatever if you cant suck it off easily.. Sorry dude i can't help ya. Sorry mods should have made sure before i went and made a reply. I suggest googling this problem shouldn't be that hard to find a thread on a forum where someone has asked the same thing as you.

Last edited:
Sorry

*Edit* Like the post before me, I might have confused your pills with the old formulation. I'll try and find out about the new ones.

http://www.prescriptiondrug-info.co...EMOVE-NEW-OXYCONTIN-80-OP-COATING-S175081.htm

http://www.topix.com/forum/drug/oxycontin/T2GPNQPI8VJD3OCN7

*Found on topix.com* BEAT THE NEW OPS TIME RELEASE grind up the pill put in cup pour 1 ounce of pure lemmon juice in cup with three ounces of coca cola ` 1 tablespoon of vinegar and a few ounces of water my bf is very smart we swallow our ocs and we did it this way let it sit overnight in twenty minutes we was rocked it even seemed stronger than the old ocs that how you beat the ops..

Hope this helps. Next time I won't be so rash.

Last edited:
If you couldn't tell between the coating and pill, it'll just be a skin, theres heaps of different types, just peel it off, once you get started it's like an orange, you'll be able to see a color variation..