Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

The future of pills.

cancle

Bluelighter
This topic is something I've always wondered about. Where do you see the sale of pills going in something like ten years?
I don't really think the laws will be any looser(unfourtunately) but, I reackon there will be more consistent quality pills at a cheaper price. My reasons(other than wishful thinking) are
Demand is constanly increasing.
Market can get quite competitive and those who supply cheaper will make more cash.
Importing laws will..I have no idea but, yeah.
What do YOU think?

price will go down, it has been been since it first started, ask an old skooler how much a good bickie cost 10 years ago, you'll be surprised.
I think you'll also find there will be more attempts to fake testers out, as we are just beginning to see now.
Increased purity in the good imports as people become more cluey on how good mdma should feel. I also think strength will plateau once we reach consistent 120-150mgs per pill for top quality biccies.
probably a rise in the amount sold as powder as people demand to be able to regulate their dosage more strictly.
on the flip side you'll also have more e substitutes and more dodgy stuff going round, which gives us even more reason to be vigilant.
but I think for those clued up, future looks rosey

Well nobody can answer this.Its all good to hope the increase in amount of mdxa in pills will go up and get more pure though realistically if somthings not broke why fix it?If the ez are selling well today then why would they change their gameplan?You could even look at it this way if the ez got a lesser content then we would have to buy more to get the high we are after...I guess the glass is always HALF full lol!anyway in 10 years there will probably be some SUPER drug that some backyard lab newbie accadently falls upon that may sweep the world.But for the time being lets just take a minute here...in silence...to thank Hitler
smile.gif

Did you see the article on the front of the Herald Sun about a week ago.. It was about how the Asian drug cartels are moving away from Herion and into more "trendy" meth pills...
Now to me, this sounds like a pretty bad thing. It's hard enough filing through all the locally made speed bombs to find good MDxx, how is it going to be when Asia starts flooding our market with them??
But then again, if they started making MDxx that would be quite nice as well..
As for the strength of pills.. I think that they will be staying pretty much where they are right now (60 - 100 mgs.. my guess anyway).. The main reason why they stopped making 150mg pills was that you could go out and split the pill with a friend and you would both have a fairly good night. What self respecting drug dealer is going to sell 150mg pills that people can take in halves.. when he can sell twice as much (for the same price as well) 75mg pills...
Thanks my $0.02 anyway..
richie
wink.gif

from above, i'll answer that:
-the same kind of 'self respecting drug dealer' who would LIKE to sell 'twice as many' in the FUTURE by doubling his consumer base, by getting name for selling 150-160mg biccies to THOSE who would prefer NOT to split a pill but have the whole thing and have -not just a fairly good night- but a fucken MAD 8 hour night as well...
By this logic I myself would have NO problems paying anything up to $50 for a good, guaranteed, 160mg pill. (for those who have actually researched the respective effects of different dosges of MDMA, you'll agree when I say that 150-160mgs is actually enough to put quite a few 'smaller' people and 'first-timers' in a dangerous level 'Peakdom')
I too have a wishful optimism that the strength and purity of MDMA pills would have risen in a few years time... as people realise the true nature of the substance that we enjoy so much and SO much less dangerously..

There are a couple of really good issues here, which would be excellent to develop and get comment on from you all.
Firstly - that the use of MDMA in the future will be even more prevalent. Millions of people take MDMA every weekend worldwide (well, not every person takes it every weekend... you know what I mean) currently, and there's no reason to suggest that numbers will be decreasing anytime soon. People don't necessarily grow out of using MDMA, but there is a definite 'honeymoon' period, after which many people tend to cut back a bit. But, is there any age where people say, "Well, that's it, I've outgrown that period in my life, I'm over MDMA"? If not, then what happens when the people who use MDMA or have used it enough in the past to be well versed in the effects and culture, become the leaders of the society (ie. parents, government, elder generation)?
Second - Related to the above, MDMA has something of a self-regulating property. The more you take, the more you need to feel the same effect. This means that eventually one would assume that the comedown would strongly outweigh the high, and perhaps this could be the reason people say "I'm over it". But if I apply a little interpretive license and consider a parallel with alcohol, then there would seem to be a large grey-area between the white (going out and going hard and loving every bit of it) and the black (having intense hangovers bad enough to make you stay away for awhile). Ten years down the track, what are the implications of having a large proportion of society suffering heinous comedowns while they're in that grey-area of MDMA use?
Third - MDMA prices. I'd personally draw a parallel with heroin or amphetamines. As drugs are more available the prices obviously decrease, because one dealer will try to cut their profit margin to move more product and make more profit on the whole. This is encouraged by the dealers up the chain because they make more profit too. But, do you eventually you get to a stage where each lower level dealer is cutting the margin and putting pressure on the higher level dealer for slightly lower prices, and then entire dealer chain cuts their profits? In this case I'd imagine that at some very high level a dealer (or manufacturer) would choose to restrict supply for a short period - as is the case with some heroin cartels - in order to drive prices up when supply becomes short again. Obviously purity is an issue with heroin, but if this is compared with pill quality then we can compare these conceptually pretty well.
Fourth - Related to the above, is the MDMA dose per pill. If pills get stronger and stronger, either to keep up with the tolerance of a generation or from a general quality vs. sale standpoint, where does it stop? Sure, a normal user can split a 160mg pill between themself and a friend, but what happens when those two people begin taking two or more of those pills between them in a night, or three, or four. When does it become too much? There is an attitude that seems to say four pills is too much, but one or two is OK. When those one or two are twice the dose of the current pills, does the attitude change, or do people just hit the wall harder?
I think these are good questions to answer in a hypothetical sense. I'd like to put a quick footnote here that since this thread is obviously going to be based on opinions, that we should respect the opinions of others and not resort to flaming when opinions differ.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

I think on a general level the 'scene' pretty much still exists in a sellers market. Consider the first 10 odd pills you purchased, and it was often the case that there was little choice available. I would tend to think that a large proportion of the 'market' tends to lie in this category (although this will change (has to some extent) due to users becoming more knowledgable). I know a scary amount of people that still purchase their pills in clubs from relatively unknown dealers (even though they should know better).
While this persists I would hypothesise that dealers/makers/importers will try to get away with as much as possible, thus keeping quality lower. I know this will slowly change as users become more educated (lets hope they do) and in the long term quality will increase (just not quickly). There will always be excellent pills around (for those in the know) and there will always be pills containing nothing but chalk (for those that know nothing).
I think the only given is that demand for MDMA powder will increase as pill takers get older and realise that pills are too variable.
Anyway my ramblings are going nowhere and I should know better than to post will scattered.
wink.gif

------------------
:: This space for sale ::

Hah! This is a topic dear to me. The future of pills? There isn't one! (Bear with me...)
The real future of smart drugs is internal - adapted glands that will synthesize the chemicals we need to get high - or go to sleep - or stay awake - or concentrate for the exam/meeting - or get aggro for the big game. Tiny, perfectly regulated doses will be released into our bloodstreams by a conscious effort of will (just like you can willingly scare yourself and dump adrenaline into your system) - and cancelled at will by dropping in the antidote. No overdoses, no side effects, no physical addiction (although there will be numbers of people who drop out of productive society, content to gland themselves into permanent bliss - i.e. psychological addiction. This will be regulated by the initially very high cost of gland modification, and the intense pleasure of the other benefits - the joy of learning while glanding the concentration enzymes)
The United States will cease to be a superpower, having banned glanding technology. The President, Baptist Reverend Jim Bob Tully XVII will say "We may be poorer than Lithuania, but by God, tobacco and alcohol are the only drug honest macMericans will ever allow in their country!
We will nostalgically reminisce about the days when we had to take pills to control our body chemistry, and our kids will be making gland viruses (little bubbles of gas that float the streets and trigger the glands of unsuspecting city types, causing scenes of mass fornication in rush hour at circular quay)
You heard it here first.

You know you can already get this micro chip implanted into you, and it works with a remote control. It can give you an orgasm any time, anywhere.
It's just really really expensive right now, but it'll be a lot cheaper later on.....
who would need pills then?

*ROLLS AROUND ON FLOOR IN HYSTERICS*
Rot, you rock... can i stand in eager line to have your children... maybe not.
Ami thats hilarious.
smile.gif

cancle- i don't understand your reasoning behind a drop in price. If demand increase's then the price will go up not down.

KraZeeY, Good work getting this thread back on topic.
The thing is, a greater demand means that the market is there for the producers to make a great deal more money. Its not going to get any "more illegal" than it already is, so therefore an increase in demand will equal an increase production as "cartels" realise the market for more pills at higher quality.
This is what I believe will drive prices down and quality up.
I have found (and many of the other people I know have too) that over the years the quality of pills in Melbourne has been getting consistently stronger and better. There was a time not so long ago when you would test a pill before buying it (as we all should) and be surprised and pleased when it turned black, then even more surprised when it turned out to be very strong. My analogy is the comparison between white ferrari and white mitsubishi turbo of one year ago. Both well pressed, both test black, ferraris were (IMHO) mild MDMA, where as turbos were quite possibly the best pill I have ever had. Now, however, the last 15 different kinds of pills I've tried or heard of have been super strong MDMA or similar compound, and seasoned partiers have been taking 1-2 pills in halves rather than taking 4-5 or more pills whole.
The thing is, laws of tolerance tell us that this is quite the reverse of what should happen. I would think that people would be taking more and more MDMA to get the effect they enjoy, rather than less. So the question is this;
Is it because pills are getting much stronger?
Or;
Is it because people learn what MDMA feels like, and can therefore have milder doses and feel the learned and loved effects better simply through having more experience of the feeling?
Not a question I can answer with any certainty, I think maybe a combination of both.
But in my opinion, the situation is this; as more people gain more experience with pills, particularly MDMA, the demand will increase. This will translate to an increase in supply, simply because there is money to be made, and since the community gets more educated the quality will need to increase or people will stop buying pills and start demanding MDMA powder. Dealers will be trying to undercut each other, and move more numbers at smaller profits per unit, so the cost will decrease.
The result? We are going to have (and it seems obvious that this is happening already) pills of higher quality, more consistently MDMA, and at lower prices.
Woo Hoo!
Raider
smile.gif

------------------
When you're holding a hammer, Everything looks like a nail

bitch1: we shouldn't be thanking hitler. MDMA was synthesised long before he had anything important to do with it.
i think maybe the pills just seem better now cos you have better sources? You have better knowledge of what good stuff is around, and you can ignore the crap. and your dealer(s) prolly have better contacts after a while too.
i think there'll be a lot more crap around, because as more people get into the bikkies, there'll be more producers wanting to get in on the action. so there'll be more crud pills around, as the saying goes, there's a sucker born every minute. at the same time, there'll prolly be heaps of good stuff around too. Some people will know better what to look for and who to contact = good pills.
but who really knows? my 0.02.

sorry to go off topic but didnt HITLER have a very important part ie one of the 1st to complete the synthesis of mdma with experiments on his troops..im sure i read that somwhere in an age old book long ago.If i am wrong can you please educate me?

Yes bitch1 (my lovely friend)
ignore the ramblings of madmen supastar..
While its being pretty subjective to thank Hitler personally, you're right.. the May,1914 patent and original research that its founding company "EMerck" did for MDMA (which by the way has NO real evidence linking it to the myth that it was EVER synthesised and explored for use as the much-fabled 'appetite suppressant') laid dormant in a company factory in Darmstadt, germany during WWI... if MDMA was of no consequence to this company why would it then register yet another patent relating to MDMA in July,1921 while the country was beginning to fall into deep reccesion, indicating that there was SOMETHING more interesting about experimenting with it.. the industrial depression did, however, take effect as there are NO records (that the public have been able to have access to) of MDMA being put under further investigation for like another 30 or so years...
In December1944 the EMerck factory itself was bombed by allied forces and three months later the area was captured and two months after that the war ended and allied forces began recovering all and every thing they could on the german war machine, chemical included. so U.S. Intel. visited, among many, the ruins of the EMerck factory.
POST WWII experiments by the US gov. are the next to be recorded and we can ONLY assume that they got their information from whatever they discovered in Darmstadt... to quote from one of my greatest loved sources of E info:
"perhaps the US military discovered something at the Merck factory which suggested that MDMA had some potential military use. Perhaps this is why there's now so very little information about the substance in the Merck archive -because it was all removed by the americans"
It is NOT known if any of the data retrieved from this operation was at ALL related to MDMA. So it is perfectly just as possible that the US synthesised MDMA completely independant of any Merck related material, and in their own experiments.. However for this to have occured it would most likely have result and direct progresion from the interest the US gov. were taking in mescaline which they had first tested in 1942 for military use. They were searching for a "truth drug"....
I myself prefer the more dramatic and infinitely more romantic WWII theory...
If Hitler had not started his war we may not have had our lovley little MDXX friends today..
BUT arguably, hitler was really just one of MANY variables involved in that period of time which formed the beginning of full scale synthesis of this phenethylamine. To say hitler is to thank for E is not only ignorant but really really... stupid. I cant think of a better word.
I KNOW This is not about the past of E but the future of E... so you'll have to forgive the off topic history lesson...
=K9=

Yep, a few trends should develop over the next few years. It's likely that pills will drop in price as the whole 'ecstasy' scene becomes more mainstream than it already is, leading to (1) users having a greater number of choices as to who they buy their pills from and (2) the realisation amongst law enforcement agencies of the futility of arresting and charging 'small-time' buyers and users, thereby making the sale of pills (albeit on a small scale) less threatening to people.
One thing to be kept in mind - and again I stress that what I'm saying applies NOT to the 'Mr Bigs' of the drug world but, say, you average uni student trying to earn a bit of extra money, is that the courts are overloaded with cases as it is and magistrates and judges get frustrated by cases that are brought before them that are not important enough to warrant the resources that go into initiating them in the first place. Granted, politicians need to reassure the mums and dads out there (ie the voters) that the government takes a hard line on illegal drug sale and use, and that these same pollies are fond of telling their police departments to 'crack down' on things like E, but let's face it - ecstasy is getting way to mainstream nowadays. That recent 4 Corners show, for example, there's a cop happily being interviewed about the non-violence of raves etc.
If I was a a guy who sells e for extra cash, I'd feel less at risk now than a couple of years ago, and as a taker - well, a couple of years ago my policy at a club was not to talk about drugs to anyone who I didn't know. But now I don't care, mainly because I know the cops are no longer that interested in arresting users.
BTW - what I said just then is my view of where I see things being in Australia - other countries? I have no idea how things will go....