Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Heard there was big bust in sydney??

bmradio

Bluelighter
Hi,
Just heard there was a big bust in Sydney, any news sydney bl's what happened.

All i know was there was a raid at darlinghurst.Think it was oxford street.Basically the cops had their sniffer dogs and were just walking the streets near people lining up to enter the clubs following their dogs nose as far as i could see from the news(i could be wrong).Dont know a lot about it but several lsd tabs "suposedly" xtc pills and coke was found on people. I think we should all just pop in the car b4 we get out, though i hate it when your standing in line and it "begins!"
[This message has been edited by bitch1 (edited 24 June 2001).]

Guess it's time to go back to the alcohol, getting spastic drunk, falling over, being an idiot and wandering oxford street next time I'm up there instead of...
Of course it's exactly the right thing to do to fix the drug 'problem'.
'course I could have been sarcastic and said "I guess someone didn't pay their bill last week...", but I might get arrested for that.
[This message has been edited by huxley (edited 25 June 2001).]

I saw some footage on TV, talk about complete overkill - cops in riot gear etc.
(source)
Nine people were arrested for drugs possession and supply.
Police burst in at 1am and turned the lights on, finding bags of drugs on the floor which had been discarded at the last minute.
Ecstasy, cocaine, speed and white powder, believed to be heroin, were seized in the raids.
[This message has been edited by luro (edited 25 June 2001).]

I heard that there was a REALLY big drug bust out near Penrith last week sometime. U name it, it was there...all busted
The last one that l heard of been busted was EP1 (not that anyone goes there) last week. Sniffer dogs and the rest
Good idea about dropping before u got into the place (as l always do), but what if u like still have 3 or 4 one ya anyways.
My $0.02 so far

also interesting is how the camera crews were all set up, watching the coppers/dogs in position before they even started the raid ..

but luro, camera crews are always filming nightclub lines (not...). Good to see that it was purely for the media, and such a fine use of police officers. They successfully apprehended 9 odd users while a good 30000 people in australia got away with it. The war on drugs scores another victory...
wink.gif

I just hope victoria doesn't go the way of NSW.
------------------
:: This space for sale ::

copper said something about them targeting 'antisocial behaviour'?
whats antisocial bout pills?

ANTISOCIAL BEHAVIOR????
WHAT THE FUCK?
I would say becoming wildly intoxicated on a chemcical responsible for more deaths, injuries and family problems, then becoming needlessly aggressive and abusing people were far more antisocial that cheerfully greeting and assisting one another or better yet cuddling up in a quivering ball of joy with people.

the (small) story in the telegraph said that around 100 police and dogs raided liquid room, the palace and somewhere else at around 1am. As luro said, drugs were found (duh!), and 6 arrests were made.

I saw the footage and was disgusted.
The way they all "swarmed" in, cornering the entire block.
Obviously they can do this; but really; couldnt they use the police for something more worthwhile.
I would love it if police in my town (Perth) "swarmed" in on a few groups which destroy our nightspot. Instead they bust someone, not because they r harming or interfering with anyone else, but because they r carrying something they made the conscious decision to take.
Lets face it, cops r everywhere when pills r normally taken; they dont normally arrest people then. Normally, and rightly so, only on the lookout for drug dealers.
U cant help but feel sorry for people who got trapped like that; its just plain unfair and unlucky.
They could have done that at every nightspot in the world and the same would have happened.
It just worries me the way law agencies have targeted the nightclub scene over the world, because they r an easy target.
Home in London is no more, Twilo is finished, even Gatecrasher couldnt escape temporary closure.
Now Australian clubs have come under attack.
As i see it, authorities arent threatening closure of venues if actual DEALING is occurring inside, but simply if PATRONS are found in possession, or under the influence of drugs.
Atm we have American authorities trying to apply "crack house" laws to dance party promoters and night club managers. I consider this the most disgusting of legal tactics i have seen for a while.
The penalty for this is something like 20 years jail.
Allowing ur house to become a cesspool where crack addicts come and openly smoke their life away is what this legislation was intended for; hopefully the courts will squash its attempted extension.
They r trying to destroy a scene which on a community level doesnt need destroying. Yes, it needs policing, but not this way.
I take illegal substances, but i wouldnt steal a loaf of bread, let alone harm another person.
If police want to take the approach they did in Sydney, fine; but apply it to classes of people who deserve it first!
[This message has been edited by Biscuit (edited 25 June 2001).]
[This message has been edited by Biscuit (edited 26 June 2001).]
[This message has been edited by Biscuit (edited 26 June 2001).]

I'm pretty sure the case in which the two owners/promoters in the US were arrested under 'crackhouse' laws has already been decided (correct me if i'm wrong). They pleaded guilty, but not as individuals but as a company. They got a large fine and agreed to ban certain items like glow-sticks and a few other things. I'm not sure if the same law has been used again since.
Pretty sad if the authorities only see rave type events as drug related. The music seems to only amount to camoflauge to them
frown.gif

------------------
:: This space for sale ::

did anyone else notice that this bust occured at the same time that there were 'riots' in waterloo (for the second night)?
The police statement in the morning said that there was a low police presence in waterloo that night, because most of the force was 'involved in investigative duties'.
hmmmm... priorities! What's more important, kids destroying the streets (and probably eachother), or stopping people from having a good night out?

Id just like to point out that that shite in Waterloo is a complete media beat up.
If it was a bunch of surfies in Cronulla you wouldnt hear shit about it.
Because its Koori youths in Redfern suddenly its a riot.
*sorry off topic..ill shut up now*

Trust me pundi were all hoping up here in SYD that NSW doesnt go the way VIC has..
BTW.. last week the raid was at 'EP1' (a shitty shitty, and I say again, SHITTY "look at me-im so fucken hot baby-wanna suck my dick" westie wog club.)
The police wouldnt let anyone leave until they got the name and address of every single person who was on the premises.
Yet another reason to NOT go near KingsX, and Oxford Street has had its day also. Time to cut your losses and club where theres a bit more of a stable environment (in more ways than one) and the much hated 'SUPERclub' has made is residence... This place in Sydney would of course be along the Cityside waterfront of Cockle Bay,
*OFF TOPIC, but I thought i'd put it in here instead of posting something that would be locked*:
Its set to become the next-newer-bigger- 'club alley' to Oxford Street. Complete with its own 'rent-a-cops' the Darling Harbour Rangers, who are harmless in everyway but look scary enough to keep the peace within their jurisdiction.
Theres Pontoon (the olympic canadian club!)for those who like to dress up.
The Daintree for those who are partial to wandering through artificial forest to enter the place, and like the really really unique mix of techno&splash of 'sports bar'.(South African Olympic club)
AND OF COURSE MY VERY FAVOURITE: "There's no place like Home" (excluding the ever wanky and embarassing saturday nite "Kinkidisko") Sublime@Home on fridays has been a weekly injection of much needed insanity for many a "chuck your street clothes on, shut the fuck up and DANCE!" clubber.
What we're all still waiting for is the lease on the current IMAX theatre to run out so MINSTRY move in and set up their much awaited SUPERCLUB right next door... sometime by the end of the year I do believe.
Which is bound to be much the same story as HOME.. (ie.the Sydney sisterclub is bound to be much better than the lONDON original.)
"Sega World", (that plastic, fucken, piece of obnoxious anti-architecture that's been the eyesore of Sydney for so long), is rumoured to be optioned for use by none other than: MISS MONEYPENNY'S??
Does anyone know more about this?
If you're a SYD local and would prefer to discuss this via email rather than posting, by all means...
[email protected]

Dr Rico -- your statement was idiotic to say the least.
Why do people always state that there are racist motives for everything? Whinge whinge whinge...

yeah i dont think the media coverage of those riots was completely unwarranted, but it was pretty fuckin biased. you gotta ask why they are doing that shit? no one asks this because they are aborigines, but theyd sure as hell start investigating if a bunch of white kids started rioting.
one of those kids did a mean cripwalk...

Hi Guys,
Let's stick to the topic please. What clubs are around, racism, and rioting have little to do with the original subject. If you want to talk about something else that is still drug related, but isn't related to the bust, then by all means open a new topic. If it's not related to drugs, then take it to Social please.
Thanks, BT
smile.gif

I,
i would totally agree with lot of u, like for example how many riots have ever happen at raves, or how many fights have there ever happen at raves, and antisocial behaviour pls.. I have never heard of it, on the other hand people geting pissed on king st in melbounre and causing troubles... can't get what the priorities are for police, to arrest people causing harm to community or arrest people who are just going out for a good night.. Makes raves look like nothing but a big gathering for taking illicit drugs.

in regards to Waterloo.. yes those kids are all fuc$ed in da head. my gf used to live there and even kids from 4 or 5 roam the streets screaming out at passersby and sabotaging cars. the older ones stand on the side of the road pegging rocks at cars and the police are called there numerous times a day, those take away shops there get robed more often than anything also.so what u here about those koories is all true. c'mon were talkin about an area where kids as young as 6 have court orders saying they have to be home by 6 and not on the street. all i can say is thank god she dont live in that area no more
and Cockle Bay i agree is becomming a clubbing area but it will never match oxford St. Dont get me wrong Home rules and When Ministry moves in its gonna kick arse but the whole other side of the freeway namely One World Sport, Daintree cafe, sega world complex is all going to make way for residental apartments mid next year.