Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

monitoring of web sites

deal

Bluelighter
Put it this way i think that the monitoring of sites like these would be cover by the police?
What is everyone elses thoughts

are you paranoid or something? lol. :p
theres only so much the police can monitor. who knows, we could all be talking bullshit. its not like we're gonna give out information over here you wouldnt normally say to someone on the net even considering the content and topics discussed in here.
who knows. anythings possible.
[This message has been edited by Taliana (edited 20 June 2001).]

Whilst it is still legal to retain an opinion, and express that opinion, I think that we should be pretty safe here.
::Waves to the feds::
They may, and probably are watching, but, ahh - who cares, Just as long that you don't mention the 28000 pills that you're meeting at the Fremantle Docks, wharf 9 at 2:00 pm tomorrow.
wink.gif

------------------
Fylar
=most legendary, most incomprehensible=

well i guess they are not interested in us but if you were to try and sell or say a meeting place it would take the police about hour an hour to trace your ip and then negociate you like a little bitch. Then you would cry like a little bitch and tell then every thing.
just my thoughts

there is no dealing on Bluelight. this is a harm minimisation site. the purpose here is education and sharing of information.

That's why you're NOT allowed to do that here... and even if you were allowed, if they were stupid enough to organise a meeting in such a public way they deserve to be caught...

I remeber johnboy mentioning that the Australian federal police monitor bluelight. Who knows to what extent they monitor it, the point is that we need to wave every once and a while and show them that we care.
------------------
You have to run as fast as you can just to stay where you are.
If you want to get anywhere you'll have to run much faster.
--Lewis Carroll

really?!!?!? the federal police monitor bluelight!!!!
***waves***
HI DAD!!!
------------------
...got a place for watching that will paint pictures and colour lights...
------------------

Ever heard of something called IP spoofing... it's all fine and dandy for the cops to monitor the stuff that might be posted here... but unless there is an explicit mention of some defining factor within a post to do with dealing then they are fucked... and as previously mentioned Bluelight exists as a NON-DEALING forum... so there should never exist a situation by which they would have enough information to launch anything of use... Flame-o-rama... excuse me while I go put myself out...
------------------
The Strange Guy with the Greeny Mold-like Strange Hair

What GhOst, Pleonastic and Sproing said. They have monitored this site in the past, I don't know whether they are currently, but as far as I can tell they come and go, nothing constant. It would be rather a waste of taxpayers money wouldn't it? And we all know that tax dollars are spent very wisely. eg. A friends 21st birthday... two paddy wagons (why are they called that btw?) roll up, sirens flashing etc. I'm thinking "eerrrr heh... they're after me!!" hahaha turns out that they're friends of the birthday boy, on duty, but hung out for a few hours anyway. Or John Howard spend xxx million dollars on campaign advertising!!
smile.gif

Point is yes they are watching, but they're not watching everything. And anyway, if you deal in this forum I'll kick your fucken ass before they even see anything!
smile.gif

Yes i distinctly remember Johnboy saying that the AFP monitors this site, but WHAT ARE THEY GONNA DO ABOUT IT NOW? Exchange of information? If anything, they would be using this site to help INFORM them of the latest trends and risks and what have you.
Ppl, pls get on thing right, the POLICE are not stupid. Yes, we may slime them all we\ f*&king want, but they are not. All those stories about undercovers saying stupid things and sticking out like sore thumbs MAY or MAY not be true, show me substantial evidence because i have not seen any so far.
The police force are made up of MANY individuals and you trying to tell me that there are ALL stupid? Likely thing would be that they APPEAR to be stupid because of poor TOP management and systems.
Tie-up point: It is likely BL is monitored but stick to the rules of this board and there should be no trouble.
That's why there are such strict rules and why the mods are not afraid to moderate this board.
haf fun ppl
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif
Sorry about the long post doods

no offense meant, but a nickname like "deal" isnt a good idea?
smile.gif

Not only should you accept that the feds would monitor a site such as this, but also that all harm minimisation sites would have at some time been and still could be checked out.
If you are wondering about your site, get a stats checker and see what the origins of the visitors are. Very suspicious is anything from "US military", where the CIA operates such internet activities from.
How do I know this? It happened to us. No consequences though, and on checking up with a local government spokesperson, he said it is normal for the CIA to check any group operating anywhere as intended harm minimisation.
When you think about it, if they can record selected mobile calls, via artificial intelligence monitoring the words used, it would be very easy to "keyword notify" with postings.
Just don't use the words drugs, bombs, prime minister, USA, lots of money, and guns in the same sentence. Oops
Mind you, as has been said, what can they really obtain from here that they could act on? - very little that would be risky to anyones liberty. We have our dedicated moderators to thank for that.
But I bet they do have good plans for building a bulberator!!
phase_dancer

How about this?
Assume that every word you write is going to be read by the police.
Hopefully that way we can then exchange helpful information in a discreet way. As entropope and I wrote in the announcement at the top of the forum topic list (you know the one with all the *****'s surrounding it); it is sufficient to ask for information about a particular type of pill (giving details of what it looks like, and in what state) without telling everyone who wants to click on our link that you have a great big bag of these pills for the coming weekend.
Paranoia is a gentle way of reminding yourself that some of what we discuss here and take for granted as being normal, is actually pretty far from normal for a large percentage of the population. Protect yourself by being cautious.
It is also most unlikely that you could be prosecuted solely on the basis of something you've written here, however anything you do post online could be used to add evidence an existing investigation... and THAT is why we don't allow dealing on here. To protect The New Bluelight, and to protect YOU.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

I've always thought that the feds would be silly not to use this place to see trends in the movements of pills, like how they travel around the country, where they usually hit first, even what countries they come from, basically how the big boys operate. Especially when repeat batches of the same pill are released. I'm sure those of us who have read this place for a while would have picked up these trends already, and we aren't even really looking for them!

This also means not posting information on things such as "how to transpost pills interstate". Keep anything in email that would provide information that would make things harder to keep safe trade open
smile.gif
(You'd be suprised at some of the stuff that gets deleted before anyone reads it
smile.gif
)

Lets just assume that the cops have half a brain (between them all) They must see that this site helps people inform themselves on something they are going to do anyway.
They should see that with more information people who partake in drugs are better informed so they know what they should and shouldnt do.
Besides, me thinks they have bigger fish to fry.
Eyes wide open and grinning from fluffy ear to fluffy ear..
**no officer, I havent had anything to drink**

Why would the cops read bluelight?
They are involved in half the dealing, its probably at best, to see if they are getting one-upped somewhere.
Cops don't give a shit about your 5-pack, and they won't care about most of us here.
But, if you hooking up 1000's and running kilos of coke and meth, then maybe posting anything on the internet isn't the smartest thing you could be doing.
Bluelight in general is well moderated, and most people don't bother posting dick measuring stuff, there's no need, no-one wants to hear it, or it gets deleted.
Cops/feds/who the fuck ever may read this, but i think you'd have more success sitting in raves and just listening to the conversations and looking for the characters who deal for a living. Oh, but they already do that.
Paranoia isn't stupid, it's your safest bet to ensure that you never have to deal with a 4am door kick down and a thorough search of your flat with dogs, and the shame of being busted. All because you were trying to hook up some drugs. Have you noticed that most people who ask for hook-ups on BL stop posting shortly after... just got tired of the place..or something else?
Speed out.