• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
15g damn.

Your paste method makes so much sense though and I've never heard it before. I guess I always figured it would just sort of turn into half water and half floaty I dunno what I thought actually. Doesn't really apply to me though as I'm not taking so much that a single toss and wash doesn't do a the trick. Good idea though!

I have been researching kratom for the last year or so, and finally decided to buckle down and purchase some through one of the main online vendors. I did this, mainly, out of curiosity for the plant itself, as I am a huge fan of nearly all opiates. I am not opiate naive, and have been sporadically using them, mainly hydrocodone, oxycodone, codeine, and morphine (both in the form of poppy pod/seed tea and MSContin), for the past 2 years. I have a slight tolerance (both physical and mental), but nothing really high. I ordered 4 oz. of the bali commercial powder, and was somewhat concerned as to whether it would "work", and meet my expectations. I just got it in the mail today, and about 30 minutes ago measured out about 2 tablespoons, tossed it, and washed it down with water on an empty stomach. So far, it feels great! I feel as though I took around 20-30 mg of hydrocodone, and am only experiencing this effect (very little stimulant-effects as of right now). I also am experiencing NO nausea at all, and I expected to feel at least a little. Like I said, I love this feeling, and is very similar to a low dose of any other common opiate, maybe with a little twist all it's own that I can't quite put my finger on yet. I'm so glad I tried kratom!

If someone has a huge opiate tolerance, is there any point to even attempting to catch a buzz of Kratom? Guess I'm wondering if it works differently enough to make it around the opiate tolerance.

If someone has a huge opiate tolerance, is there any point to even attempting to catch a buzz of Kratom?
The point to attempting to catch a buzz is to see if you catch a buzz.

Guess I'm wondering if it works differently enough to make it around the opiate tolerance.
You likely won't experience the usual opioid response due to your tolerance. That being said Kratom's full mechanism (primarily that of its energetic properties) is not completely known and other alkaloids in the plant could be contributing which you may feel effects from.

Some heavy users (even light users actually) say they don't feel anything then take a lot and get sick so they say it is crap. Others find it surprisingly pleasant and different.

I think if you go in thinking you'll get a sweet opiate buzz then you will be disappointed but if you are patient and open minded you mind feel some calming, energizing and empathetic effects.

I don't prefer the 15x extracts. I believe something gets taken out during the water purifcation.

There is def. something in Kratom that is NOT water soluable that is an active ingredient for the high.

Also, Kratom is best taken in small amounts, regularly, over a period of say 30 minutes to 1 hr for the full effects to be felt. Take it gradually, in tea like I do, say 10g powder Bali Commercial in a tea bag, keep making weak teas from it and enjoy the drink!

^Haha nice catcalls 8)

Yeah, true that. Then why does the tea get me high, but not the extract tar? It's weird. I know my reasoning is flawed that the tea gets me high, and that is water extract!!!

I just wasn't thinking straight. i'm on Kratom right now!!!

Basically the extra strength (#x) extracts are just rip offs. They don't exactly have the FDA or MHRA(?) breathing down their necks. The 'potent' extracts are active and likely an improvement on straight powder but they are the opposite of a good deal.

In my experience, no extract even compares to the powder. I can make 100g of powder last a month, if not longer. But, buying 10g of x10 Extract will last a day! It doesn't have ANY effect IMO. It's a complete rip off.

There is something not right with the Extracts that I cannot put my finger on. It just DOES NOT WORK FOR ME. I don't know what they're doing wrong!?

have you tried the UEI or FST catcalls? also from what i gather, a lot of people like to use these extracts with some plain leaf too, they don't just take the extract on its own.

Yeah I've tried kratom "enhanced" with extract and i really enjoyed it actually. I believe it would probably cost a good bit cumulatively when used regularly, and also give a bit higher risk of addiction. For everything besides kratom maintenance, some of the "enhanced" varieties definitely have potential!

i have some UEI and enhanced bali on the way in the mail. i will report the results when i try them.
i am concerned about the tolerance issue though.

A month ago I quit methadone cold turkey, I was at 125 mg. Aside from some iritating aches and one or two hours of sleep at night I am starting to feel some what decent. Mentally I am craving opiates and am afraid of relapse. I am willing to give kratom a try to relieve these cravings. I just ordered some of the 20x standard powdered extract. Does any one have any advice as to how much to try at first. I have read of people w/d from it. Any experiences some one could share would be highly appreciated

The extracts and potency enhanced or whatever are pretty much blatant ripoffs.

I'd say start with 5g of powdered leaf but with 20x I have no idea. Point two five grams?

I ordered Kratom, and did not get any desirable effects. I have read many positive things, so I am assuming that I did not get a good vendor.

My vendor wildy claims a 100% money back satisfaction garuntee...I e-mailed them about the product not working, asking for advice on a new Kratom product to maybe achieve better results..and no reply from them.

ive never seen a kratom vendor who offers a 100% money back guarantee. i recommend heading over to the kratom forum, they have vendor reviews.

anyway back to kratom, took about 8 grams last night and got no nausea whatsoever. next i'll try 15 grams. wanted to mention a good way of taking it. i found if you just add a little water to the powder and make a paste and then you put some water in your mouth followed by a chunk of the paste, it's way easier to swallow then trying to drink it.
How is that possibly a good way of taking it when you can simply buy empty gel caps, and take it as a bunch of smooth easy to swallow pills rather than a gunky funk of shit? Gel caps are ForTheWin bro. ;)

If someone has a huge opiate tolerance, is there any point to even attempting to catch a buzz of Kratom? Guess I'm wondering if it works differently enough to make it around the opiate tolerance.
With my current tolerance 1 good bag, 2 average bags at most of heroin would get me fucked up/nodding. But 10-15 grams of kratom doesn't do anything for me other than ease my bupe withdrawal, no high whatsoever.

I agree, kratom would be usefull to come off opiates, still, save enough kratom to wean from as i get terrible withdrawal, mainly stomach pain which is gone with a dose of kratom

Status
Not open for further replies.