• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I enjoy an occasional hydrocodone, but I'm not a regular user. I do cold water extraction (to get the liver-killers out) on 2-3 pills of 7.5 mg hydrocodone every few weeks. I probably don't need to for such a small dose, but I'm cautious. This means I have to drink a cup of nasty, bitter liquid. The first time I started to get a nauseous and feverish, motion-sick feeling while playing a video game, but eating a hand full of chocolate helped alot. I'd like to try kratom for a legal, (safer?) alternative, but I don't know which kind to get. I want a chill, relaxed, melt-into-the-floor and its-all-good type of high. I don't claim to have an iron stomach, but I can handle nausea. What is the best way of ingesting kratom to get the strongest effects? And is there a difference between buying the pre-made capsules and making your own? Is kratom pretty much safe/non addictive for weekly/occasional use?

Hi Poppy,

Kratom is very addictive In My Experience. This is because of the psychological effect of getting high legally! It's got a nice mellow opiate buzz to it. Not as strong as heroin, similar to 80mg Codeine I'd say. Then, you reach a plateau, and feel nausea.

That said, it is a bloody marvellous pain-killer! So, I'm always going to keep some in the house from now on and take it for my stomach pains.

Thanks for the warning, I've found that hydrocodone is pretty addicting- psychologically at least. I just want more, even though I dont physically need it. I follow a strict one day on, at least three days off rule, though, and its usually even longer than that.
also, is kratom bad for your liver?

Those people may have been taking 1-2 teaspoons of an extract not powdered leaf, and also in my experience tea is way less strong than putting the powder in capsules or parachuting it.

Personally I find using capsules is ineffective, I get far more of a buzz from making a Kratom tea or mixing with friut juice.

so i took 7 grams of kratom powder last night and had a good experience. i have some more questions i would like to ask.

1) does anyone else experience far less nausea with kratom than traditional opiates? kratom gives me nausea, but it is tolerable for me, unlike the incapacitating, unrelenting nausea ive gotten from hydrocodone.

2) how do you get to sleep on kratom? i didn't sleep a wink all night. i didn't mind because i was high and i don't have anything to do today but i can see this being a problem in the future. i dont want to take it in the morning either, because i need to lie or sit down the whole time on kratom or i get nausea.

3) does tolerance to the nausea develop with more frequent usage?

4) how long do the effects last? i still have the inability to reach orgasm typical with opiates 16 hours after taking it.

The inability to orgasm should go away, when I first started kratom it was totally impossible for me as well but once your tolerance builds a bit its not a problem.

Taking kratom to close to when you want to goto bed can sometimes keep me up also, I take a dose about 4 hours before I want to sleep and it helps me, if I take a dose any sooner then that I have trouble sleeping, kinda weird.

Tolerance to nausea can develop as you get experienced with kratom, I am surprised you got any from only 7 grams though, what strain were you using?

I noticed quite a bit of nausea when I first started using kratom, like, the first and second time...but that's how it was when I first did opiates.

Tolerance to nausea will come quick.

Finally did it. I tapered down the last few days the Kratom tea. Basically, used the same tea bag full of Kratom daily, until the water turned transparent. Then, a couple of days discomfort. And boom! I'm clean.

Started taking the Kratom to help with WD from Subutex in the mornings. But, it turned into a habit.

So, just had to quit!

That's still a positive that you were able to taper down from your Subs with Kratom :)

Well, erm, that is the thing. I was wd without tapering off the Subutex. That is, until I got my dose upped from 3.2mg to 4mg the wd each morning went away. That is when I started using Kratom. In anticipation of future WD.

So, there I was, on 4mg Subutex daily, and using Kratom on top. I was getting high for a while, then I got addicted and needed a maintenance dose. That is when I realised I needed to quit Kratom. So, it was hard, but eventually, one day, I woke up feeling like I did not need it anymore.

That is the best feeling in the world.

I'm just happy to have quit and not required my Subutex upped.

The inability to orgasm should go away, when I first started kratom it was totally impossible for me as well but once your tolerance builds a bit its not a problem.

Taking kratom to close to when you want to goto bed can sometimes keep me up also, I take a dose about 4 hours before I want to sleep and it helps me, if I take a dose any sooner then that I have trouble sleeping, kinda weird.

Tolerance to nausea can develop as you get experienced with kratom, I am surprised you got any from only 7 grams though, what strain were you using?

i've been using commerical bali powder. i am very very very sensitive to opiate nausea, so it doesn't surprise me in the least that i get nausea from 7 grams of kratom. it was my understanding that that's a moderate dose, as ive read of people taking far less. what do you consider a strong dose? i want to try a strong dose.

since i posted last, i answered some of my own questions. i am developing a tolerance to the nausea. i still experience it but its not so bad that it prevents me from enjoying the kratom.

now i am interested in experimenting with different strains but i read that you should wait at least four days before trying a different strain. any truth to this?

also, i there is any chance that kratom tolerance (tolerance to the nausea specifically) might carry over to opiates so that i would be able to take opiates and get less nausea then i typically would when taking them in an opiate naive state?

this is rather off topic for the kratom thread, but the nausea ruining the experience has caused me to basically take a 6 year hiatus from opiates and practically write them off. i know some would consider this a blessing in disguise but i consider it more of a curse because as a result i got involved with much more dangerous drugs which i would not have touched had i been able to enjoy opiates. anyway, now i am wondering if it's simply a process of acclimating my body to opiates and perhaps with a little perseverance i could develop a tolerance to the nausea.

Well, it depends what sort of opiate user you are and what effects you are seeking.

For myself, for the first 8 months of taking heroin, I'd be always chasing the next high. So, I was taking more and more smack each week. So, every time I used, I vomited several times a night. I lost a lot of weight. From 16st, down to 12st in 3 months.

Well, the vomiting never really stopped. Even experienced users can vomit. Especially when pushing the boat out so to speak.

But, the longer I used, the less frequent was the puking. This is because I hit a limit to how much I could afford a week. And that turned into my 'maintenance dose' for each day.

So, when I stopped chasing the high, and even started experiencing mild wd each day, I stopped vomiting.

The same is true of Kratom. Apply all this heroin talk, and replace the word heroin with kratom, and that is exactly the same scenario.

i actually would not often vomit on opiates, i would simply become incapacitated with nausea that would last well beyond the acute effects.. i would literally lose a few days from a single dose sometimes, having to spend the majority of the time in bed due to unrelenting nausea. i would also get a strange feeling, as if i had a lump in my throat. so far i have not any problems remotely resembling this with kratom. the nausea actually begins to wear off before the high wears off.

i should also mention it was hydrocodone that gave me such troubles with nausea, i didnt have access to many other opiates back then so i cant say whether they would have been different.

i actually would not often vomit on opiates, i would simply become incapacitated with nausea that would last well beyond the acute effects.. i would literally lose a few days from a single dose sometimes, having to spend the majority of the time in bed due to unrelenting nausea. i would also get a strange feeling, as if i had a lump in my throat. so far i have not any problems remotely resembling this with kratom. the nausea actually begins to wear off before the high wears off.

i should also mention it was hydrocodone that gave me such troubles with nausea, i didnt have access to many other opiates back then so i cant say whether they would have been different.

Ah I see. Hydrocodone is different to heroin. Heroin is more intensive with causing actual vomiting. I've taken Codeine, another type of opiate, and felt nauseous before. But, never vomited.

I've never lost a few days from taking opiates though. I'd ask other people on here if that has ever happened to them.

Mild nausea is common with all opiates, however, what burn out is talking about almost sounds like some kind of allergic reaction.

I've never lost days from taking a single dose. That does sound like perhaps an allergic reaction to certain types of opiates. Like catcalls mentioned, the only time I actually vomited was when I took way too much. I had been prescribed oxycodone 15 mg, then 10 mg and never had a problem with being nauseaus. Then the oxys got to be too expensive and I switched to hydrocodone 10/325. No problems when I was able to purchase them from my doctor. But I think I posted this in another thread, I went to a discount mom & pop pharmacy I got the Curaco brand. I have been so nauseaus every time I take them so go figure. Maybe they use a type of filler that disagrees with me.

I've never lost days from taking a single dose. That does sound like perhaps an allergic reaction to certain types of opiates. Like catcalls mentioned, the only time I actually vomited was when I took way too much. I had been prescribed oxycodone 15 mg, then 10 mg and never had a problem with being nauseaus. Then the oxys got to be too expensive and I switched to hydrocodone 10/325. No problems when I was able to purchase them from my doctor. But I think I posted this in another thread, I went to a discount mom & pop pharmacy I got the Curaco brand. I have been so nauseaus every time I take them so go figure. Maybe they use a type of filler that disagrees with me.

i also wondered whether the brand had anything to do with it because i had some good experiences with hydrocodone from vicodin ES pills. i still had some bad nausea sometimes with those but never lasting for days after a single dose. it was the norco 10/325s that got me so sick for multiple days. yet my friends were able to take them without any problems, except one guy who also got sick similar to how i would though not as bad.

anyway back to kratom, took about 8 grams last night and got no nausea whatsoever. next i'll try 15 grams. wanted to mention a good way of taking it. i found if you just add a little water to the powder and make a paste and then you put some water in your mouth followed by a chunk of the paste, it's way easier to swallow then trying to drink it.

Status
Not open for further replies.