• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i think there's still withdrawal mushroom can help you decide you dont want to be on opiates, which makes the whole thing a lot easier psychologically

To answer the question, kratom can definitely help with the transition, though methadone should be tapered to a low level before the switch is made. Methadone is a very powerful drug.

I've finally learned to appreciate Kratom. Got the regular powdered leaf instead of extract. I found doses that suit me well (smaller in the morning for energy boost, more at night for some nice sedation). However, my reason for starting this in the first place is to help get off pods. So my main problem:

I get bad headaches after coming down from kratom and horrible hangovers the next day. Any advice?

If it weren't for these side effects I'd have no problem switching. As of now I've tapered pod tea and added smaller kratom doses on top, which works ok.

^I'm sorry to hear you get this side effect, some people do. The only way I know to get around this is to use a different strain, either more sedating or more stimulating... What is the strain that you are using?

I'd love to hear other remedies...

i get the same thing, headaches and hangovers. i havent tried different strains but lowering your dose helps some.

I did not care for Kratom at all :(

I tried preparing it in a tea and I capped about 30 grams, taking 15 grams each dose (I believe they were 500mg caps, but maybe they were 550?) and I felt absolutely nothing.

For the tea I boiled 50 grams, which admittedly I had no idea what I was doing, just following some guides, and I am not sure how much of that 50 grams that I boiled actually ended up inside of me.

I was attempting to find something to take over for the pills, which is probably a huge mistake. Please don't let my post discourage you from trying Kratom, this was just my personal experience.

I have about 4 ounces left, probably going to send it to a buddy.

I used Bali Powdered Leaf from an extenely reputable source.

Last edited:
I hadn't taken an opiate for about a month, but before that I was doing a good amount, 3x30mg roxy multiple times a day (orally).

I didn't expect this to fully replace anything, I was just hoping to feel something. I am sure for some people it's an amazing herb, and maybe I just got bogus stuff (the source seems to be pretty reliable from what I was able to find).

My buddy who I am giving the rest to has no opiate experience at all, I hope it works for him. On the bright side I never got sick or had any problems other than I didn't feel anything.

^its unfortunate, but not all that surprising if you were using hundreds of mg of oxy a day a month ago... with that kind of tolerance, it'll take more than a month to get anywhere in the vicinity of baseline and even then, it'll quickly shoot right back up if you continue using.

I'm having a love/hate relationship with kratom.

It's worked wonders for pod tea withdrawal. Better than suboxone for me.

But I've found it to be unpredictable. At times larger doses are nice and sedating. Other times it can feel overwhelming, feels similar to eating pot, kinda trippy even. Like weed- this can be good or bad. This plus the headaches/hangovers means It's probably best used in moderation.

^Yeah, I get those effects with too large of a dose. Maybe try lowering the dose just a bit, maybe 500mg or so...

I just ordered 10g Green Malay Kratom powder. Can I just put it in gel caps?

I've never tried kratom before but am very interested in adding it to my array of legal drug options.

^You can put it in gel caps, but... 10 grams? That is not very much. Green Malay is a plain leaf, usually a good one but still, you'll need over 5 grams for a relatively strong dose...

^You can put it in gel caps, but... 10 grams? That is not very much. Green Malay is a plain leaf, usually a good one but still, you'll need over 5 grams for a relatively strong dose...

10 grams isn't very much but i'll need over 5 grams for a relatively strong dose? :?

Typo?

^No, I'm just saying that one dose is a really small amount to buy... I dunno, I've never heard of kratom being sold in such a small increment. An ounce is usually only around US$10...

^No, I'm just saying that one dose is a really small amount to buy... I dunno, I've never heard of kratom being sold in such a small increment. An ounce is usually only around US$10...

Ah right I see. It is just a sampler. Their usual are 50/100/500g as per most vendors.

As I've never tried it before I wanted to spend as little as possible to see if I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.