• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Just picked up some ICE! Looks a bit different from last time?

BigPoppa

Bluelighter
This is crazy shit...the last lots was very jaggered and crystalline. This time the chunks are bigger and more rounds, but almost perfectly transparent.
Any experience with this new stuff floating around?
BP
------------------
"My cat's name is Mittens, my cat's breath smells like cat food." - Ralph, The Simpsons

Do you mean Crystal Meth, or ICE (4-methylaminorex I think... definitely not Methamphetamine though)?
Just checking, cos alot of people don't know the difference...
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Pleonastic (edited 08 June 2001).]

yes i believe there has been real ice going around in melbourne recently.
ice is 4 methylaminorex (4-MAR, not 4-MA which is PMA). also known as U4EA (euphoria).
alot of pple sell methamphetamine as ice, bcos ice costs alot more than meth. and most pple mistakenly think that meth = ice.
i came across this stuff myself, of the same description as above. smooth, ice cubes. not jagged. and to be sure, we smoked it.
smile.gif

this is a dangerous substance to abuse bcos of its deceptive potency. its a kinda clearheaded high. not a body buzz like u would get with wizz or meth. your mind is razor sharp, responses lightning quick. but this is also why pple may OD on it, bcos they dont realise how wired they really are.
ice is nice.
smile.gif

but be careful. be more careful than with any drugs, imo.
DO NOT treat ice like it is meth.
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/4_methylaminorex/4_methylaminorex.shtml

My guess would be unless the person is very knowledgeable on the properties of real ice (doesn't hurt to ask a few questions), then most would just be selling high quality meth.
In the US the well made pure meth is normally called glass (least on the west coast), 'cos it looks like smashed up glass (clear shards and crystals) and is a world away from crappy meth/crank/whatever, especially when smoked
smile.gif

Now ice on the other hand looks very intersting...thanks for the link GhOst, saved me a trip through erowids front door
smile.gif

cheers,
hux.
.o.
Paranoia only delays the inevitable...
[This message has been edited by huxley (edited 09 June 2001).]

no worries huxley
smile.gif

forgot to mention that we also compared effects by snorting an "eyelash" line of it (NOTE: u're not really supposed to snort 4-MAR). and, no it wasnt meth.

is shaboo the same thing?i think it is.if u smoke it on foil then it is.my mate does heaps of ice,crystal meth,shaboo etc.he said there is some dodgy batches going around.he said theres a batch out now that goes straight to brown after the 1st smoke.it shouldnt go brown until your on your 15th smoke.now that shows dodgyness.
i just think ice is a drug to stayaway from.i mean sure it takes you on an awsome high.but thats it.the recoveries are vicious!i'lld have to say that ice,crystal meth or shaboo.has the worst comedowns,than any other drug ive had.just knowing that your not gonna sleep for a few days,is torture!i dont know how asians can do it constant.

use a proper glass freebase pipe with a water filter, dont smoke it from a foil!!! kills your lungs really horrendously... (yes smoking it in the first place is killing your lungs, but why kill it more than u have to?
smile.gif
)

I have got some ice on two separate occasions quite close together and they were definitely different. (Perth)
The first was extremely pure and VERY VERY dry. After crushing, it was the most brilliant white crystalline substance (like snow) which was a joy to cut etc as it was so dry.
It was as expected very very bitter.
The next time we got something which was far more clumpy and moist. Still very white/clear, but it looked more like crushed glass. the small bits looked a little like commerical epsom salts, but definitely wasnt.
The taste this time was less bitter but instead burned and seemed caustic. Having tasted many chemicals in my time, i know when something tastes basic, rather than acidic.
I tried to dissolve a small amount in water; not all of it would dissolve.
Testing the pH with litmus paper, proved i had made a solution that was quite basic.
An ordinary salt of a drug should be mildly acidic to neutral.
A burn test vaporised the entire sample in a second, leaving almost nothing behind.
So my conclusions were that this second lot was FREEBASE of some kind. People have said that the term ICE is used to describe FREEBASE METH, just as CRACK does the same for freebase cocaine.
The previous stuff though was definitely not freebase. It was more neutral/acidic and the taste did not burn but was far bitter.
Not having any exp with freebase i am worried about the prospects of people snorting it (cut maybe 1:1 with glucose); surely that cant be good?
It also seems that the effects of taking it orally are far greater than snorting. I can only guess this is due to absorbance being low by the mucous membranes.
Just interesting as it would have seemed we may have got 4-MAR the first time (or extremely pure crystal), but this second time, it was freebase something.
I presume METH?

ok..this totally flipped me out, amd i think it is very worth mentioning.
on the erowid link that ghost posted (http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/4_methylaminorex/4_methylaminorex.shtml), i checked out one of the "experiences" - i think it was called euphoric and efficient or something. A couple of phrases sounded familiar, and finally i somehow put two and two together, and looked up the Methamphetamine FAQ on erowid. Just as i'd suspected: the guy who wrote about his 'experience' on ice had completely copied out slabs from the meth FAQ?! dont completely understand what happened there, maybe its just sunday evening messing with me again...but please if you could check out that meth FAQ and that guy's ice report

as I mentioned previously, pure well made meth (aka glass in the US), is *very* different to your regular backyard meth (sometimes called crank in the US).
Picture this: you've been partying for 2 days (fri, sat night) no sleep, you dropped on sat night and as usual you're having a shitty comedown sunday morning (even though you took sime nice 5htp, etc). Couple of nice hits of glass from a pipe (ie: smoking), and 5 minutes later you feel like you just woke up from a good nights sleep. Head is clear, no tiredness, body feels great, though you still look like shit
smile.gif
You can go like this all day, until say 7pm when you take a couple of benzos and wake up at 7am all refeshed (ie: little to no meth comedown) ready for work. At least that's what I've heard
wink.gif

cheers,
hux.

dingleberries: umm... i just checked out the meth FAQ and the experience on ice. i dont think i see wat u mean?
i might be blind or something
smile.gif
but can u point out which paragraph or line corresponds to which? perhaps do a quote and compare here so its easier to see?
thank u.
smile.gif

Euphoric & Efficient(E&E): My brain was so clear when I used this, that I came up with answers to problems that had been bugging me for months. This stuff makes your brain work at 100% efficiency and doubles processor speed. It makes you feel (and probably actually does) like your IQ jumped quite a bit.
"Built for Speed" (in meth vault): Still others attribute a great deal of positive qualities to
methamphetamine. "My brain was so clear when I used this, that I came up
with answers to problems that had been bugging me for months," says an
anonymous post to one of the world wide web's drug archives. "This stuff
makes your brain work at 100% efficiency and doubles processor speed. It
makes you feel (and probably actually does) like your IQ jumped quite a
bit." According to some medical journals, methamphetamine does produce
slight improvements in mental acuity, though performance of only "simple
mental tasks" is improved, although the amount of errors is not
necessarily decreased.
E&E: Sleep will never even occur to you. Do 2 more hits in the morning before work, and you will never miss the sleep from the night before. As a matter of fact, you will feel better than if you had skipped the drug and slept all night!
BFS:Still many would attribute "wonder drug" status to meth, enabling them
to get more done without sleep. Students, hackers and late-night workers
rely on the drug to keep them awake. "Sleep will never even occur to
you," the post continues. "Do two hits in the morning before work, and
you will never miss the sleep from the night before. As a matter of fact,
you will feel better than if you had skipped the drug and slept all
night!"

Interesting. It's hard to know exactly what's going on with this, but here's my best theory. The trip report looks like it was written in 1995 and posted to usenet (alt.drugs.chemistry?). It was picked up by the Hyperreal Drug Archives and added to their collection. It has been reposted once or twice on usenet since then. The author specifies very clearly that he's talking about 4-methylaminorex.
Sometime later that same year, Urb Magazine wrote their article on Methamphetamine (the other article mentioned on Erowid). It looks like they either misunderstood what substance the report was referring to, or intentionally used quotes that they liked out of this report because they seemed to fit for Meth as well.
Either way, I believe that the report came first and was then incorrectly quoted by Urb magazine.
Weird.
peace,
fire
------------------
Erowid
http://www.erowid.org/

theres just SO many 'resource' pages out there that just keep getting it wrong! (im not critisising Erowid, Erowid is definately da bomb)...just check this out:http://www.amphetamines.com/ice.html
I actually read so much of this sorta thing for like a year before even trying meth and i was CONVINCED that ice was some sort of pure meth

I've come across ice recently. The amount I saw was about half an ounce, and resembled an ice cube in terms of opacity and size/shape.
The stuff is quite potent - much more than meth. I had a line about 4-5mm long (normally of low effect with meth), and this had me "wired" for quite a few hours. Interestingly there was no rushes or the like which you can get from speed/meth - just a very alert/awake feeling.
I later tried a larger amount, and this had the unpleasant effect of making me feel incredibly edgy (kinda like the alert feeling taken way too far).
Definitely an interesting substance, but I certainly would not suggest it as a replacement for meth/speed.

the only thing i can think of, dingleberries, is that ice used to be confused with meth so much so that alot of online sources of information used to (and some still do) mix them up.

To most people i know meth is ice.
When they get some methylamphetamine they say "hey, i got some ice".
so ice = meth and ice = ice

which is exactly wat we have to try and clear up... and tell as many pple as u can about the differences.
if pple get 4-MAR thinking it is meth, and do an amount normal for meth, they could OD.
when u say methylamphetamine, do u mean methamphetamine? (1 of methamphetamine's many chemical names is d-N-methylamphetamine).

I agree Ghost but the problem is at the dealers level.
I mean how long has it taken us to educate DDs on what MDMA actually means and is.
Only since the widespread use of testers has this started to occur; for the MAJORITY of them.
The point is ICE is used as a slang for METH (methylamphetamine)(i am thinking especially freebase meth as i said above) more than its ever going to be used to describe 4-MAR.
Which is wrong yes.
But the point is, when a DD says "i have ICE", what do u take that as being.
(something i forgot to say about the stuff we got that i assumed was freebase.
Most people cut some with gluc and wore it next to them in a wallet, all night at a hot dance party.
Next morning, it was very mushy, some seemed to have completely gone to shit/disappeared. Friends blamed the glucose, but i would suggest that as its freebase, it probably actually MELTED; and then with the added moisture of the environment, the glucose partly dissolved also)
Anyway, no way any salt of an amphetamine cut 1:1 with gluc does that.)
I did end up doing an unsatisfactory NMR of the first lot of ICE i had; sad to say it wasnt conclusive as i didnt have the correct solvent.
But i would say it was looing more like the structure of meth, than 4-MAR.

to query ur DD, ask them if they've had it, and if so, how much they took. (if they haven't had it themselves, you shouldn't be buying it.)