• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Fioricet?

Toker23

Bluelighter
Will this get me high? bup/apap/caf found a bottle of this wondering if its worth taking some.

Also what about trazodone?

Last edited:
Firoricet is a combination of a barbiturate, acetaminophen (basically tylenol) and caffeine, a stimulant vasodilator. The drug is used to treat migraines and other severe headaches. Take a lot of it and you'll probably just feel a woozy "blah".

Trazodone is an antidepressant that has sleep-inducing effects for about a week or two. It won't get you high; you'll just get tired and go to sleep.

floricet has butalbital, which is a barbiturate and will mess you up like alcohol or a benzo. barbs are addictive and easy to overdose on so be careful if you choose to use this recreationaly.

trazodone has no recreational effects, and can actually be dysphoric as some of it is metabolized into mCPP(a piperazine that acts as a serotonin releasing agent and agonist and causes anxiety and other unpleasant effects).

Firoricet is a combination of a barbiturate, acetaminophen (basically tylenol) and caffeine, a stimulant vasodilator. The drug is used to treat migraines and other severe headaches. Take a lot of it and you'll probably just feel a woozy "blah".

Trazodone is an antidepressant that has sleep-inducing effects for about a week or two. It won't get you high; you'll just get tired and go to sleep.

caffeine is a vasoconstrictor, not a vasodilator. also it can antagonize(reduce) the effects of the barbiturate as caffeine antagonizes GABAergics.

trazedone will just make u sleep but i really like fioricet i was prescrbed it for migraines. it didnt make me feel drunk it gave me energy but also chilled me out which is weird sounding i know burt i dont know how else to desribe it. it takes quite a few to get a good buzz though i suggest taking 4 off the top if not 5. i took like 15 in one day so i am positive from experience that 4 or 5 is a good starting dose.

floricet has butalbital, which is a barbiturate and will mess you up like alcohol or a benzo. barbs are addictive and easy to overdose on so be careful if you choose to use this recreationaly.

trazodone has no recreational effects, and can actually be dysphoric as some of it is metabolized into mCPP(a piperazine that acts as a serotonin releasing agent and agonist and causes anxiety and other unpleasant effects).

You are right, but butalbital is not a very powerful barbiturate. It will literally take him close to half a gram to a gram of it alone to even compare to a regular dose Seconal or Nembutal.

You are right, but butalbital is not a very powerful barbiturate. It will literally take him close to half a gram to a gram of it alone to even compare to a regular dose Seconal or Nembutal.

true...

but butalbital is better than phenobarbital or a less recreational benzo like lorazepam or even alprazolam.

i would take temazepam over butalbital though.

true...

but butalbital is better than phenobarbital or a less recreational benzo like lorazepam or even alprazolam.

i would take temazepam over butalbital though.

True, Phenobarbital is great for anxiety though. It last such a long time.
Butalbital would be a decent barb if it came in a single formulation of it by itself.

True, it is a lot easier to have a single drug, than to worry about the caffeine and acetaminophen.

True, Phenobarbital is great for anxiety though. It last such a long time.
Butalbital would be a decent barb if it came in a single formulation of it by itself.

True, it is a lot easier to have a single drug, than to worry about the caffeine and acetaminophen.

phenbarbital is good for anxiety relief, but its also a bit too sedating for that purpose and it's very long half-life causes it to build up increasing the risk of overdose(which is easy on barbs and dangerous if it occurs).

the thing about phenobarbital is that its actually perscribed somewhat regularly(for seizures), so its a rather easy barb to find. i make good use of it for stimulant comedowns.

as for butalbital: you're right about it being better if it came in a single drug formulation. its good that its somewhat common, but the caffeine antagonizes it's effects and the acetaminophen limits how much you can take.

floricet is such a bad barb formulation, hell the caffeine reduces the theaputic effects of butalbital. i'm sure just the butalbital and acetaminophen would provide plenty of relief from headaches.

i think tunial(secobarbital & amobarbital) was a better formulation. i also think the formulation of butalbital and dextroamphetamine(don't know the name) from the 50's/60's makes better use of butalbital :).

floricet is such a bad barb formulation, hell the caffeine reduces the theaputic effects of butalbital. i'm sure just the butalbital and acetaminophen would provide plenty of relief from headaches.

i think tunial(secobarbital & amobarbital) was a better formulation. i also think the formulation of butalbital and dextroamphetamine(don't know the name) from the 50's/60's makes better use of butalbital :).

Dexamyl: Dextroamphetamine and Amobarbital.

Desbutal: Dextroamphetamine and Pentobarbital.

Thanks for the replies guys. I just took 7 about an hour ago and smoked a little ganja so im feelin pretty nice right now. Different kind of high though ive never tried barbiturates, very calm and a little spaced, very slight body hum. Mind is at peace listening to music.

Cheers.

Thanks for the replies guys. I just took 7 about an hour ago and smoked a little ganja so im feelin pretty nice right now. Different kind of high though ive never tried barbiturates, very calm and a little spaced, very slight body hum. Mind is at peace listening to music.

Cheers.

Don't do that very often, you could overdose on acetaminophen.

phenbarbital is good for anxiety relief, but its also a bit too sedating for that purpose and it's very long half-life causes it to build up increasing the risk of overdose(which is easy on barbs and dangerous if it occurs).

the thing about phenobarbital is that its actually perscribed somewhat regularly(for seizures), so its a rather easy barb to find. i make good use of it for stimulant comedowns.

as for butalbital: you're right about it being better if it came in a single drug formulation. its good that its somewhat common, but the caffeine antagonizes it's effects and the acetaminophen limits how much you can take.

Phenobarbital sucks for anxiety relief. Its onset takes forever and any benzo easily outdoes it for this purpose. The only significant reason phenobarb is still available is for its use as an anticonvulsant and sometimes an antidote for certain poisons. As far as overdosing on it, the danger is minimal compared to the powerhouse lethal barbiturates which are virtually no longer available.

And as for the caffeine, it is used in the Fioricet combination to increase absorption, as rapid relief is pretty important for someone suffering from a migraine, and to constrict the dilated blood vessels in the brain which helps to relieve the migraine headaches.

Phenobarbital sucks for anxiety relief. Its onset takes forever and any benzo easily outdoes it for this purpose. The only significant reason phenobarb is still available is for its use as an anticonvulsant and sometimes an antidote for certain poisons. As far as overdosing on it, the danger is minimal compared to the powerhouse lethal barbiturates which are virtually no longer available.

Phenobarbital is very easy to OD on. People who try to recreationally use it often find themselves treading on thin ice as the slow onset persuades them to pop more pills. So when it all kicks in they are really shit-faced for a good long time, or they are dead from barbiturate overdose.

Phenobarbital has been used for anxiety for years before benzodiazepines were even thought of, even before Miltown. It's one of the oldest running sedative drugs on the market.