Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Zyban, E and Speed

jakoz

Bluelighter
Having just gone through the last 20 pages (phew) of the medical forum looking for user reports, I found only a handful of usage reports, with none about the combination of speed and Zyban. Yes... I found out that it lowers seizure threshold and yes... it may be a good idea to skip Zyban after taking E, but most of the replies are purely theoretical.
I posted this in social to try to get some user reports and discussion, not just medical theory. Ive just gone on Zyban, want to know if Im going to get fucked up
smile.gif

So if youve used Zyban with MDMA or speed (particularly speed) please post your experiences, amount of chemicals ingested, and any precautions you took.
Thanks!
smile.gif

For those of you contemplating going on Zyban... 3 days into the course had fairly large amount of speed with abt 150mg MDMA powder with no apparent side effects. Not to say that its safe, but no problem for me early in the course.

I'm going to move this over to Drug Discussion because it's a serious discussion about certain drugs, and that's what that forum is for...

I am on Zyban, Day 1o now and havent given up yet but definitely not craving!!!!
I plugged 1 tab on Day 6 and I must say it was a strong come on with the tab.Like VERY STRONG. was a batch that I had taken before and not as strong. Dunno if its the Zyban or not but will keep u imformed.
TA TA

BUMP
lookin 4 ne others wif ne relevant info
because im goin on it soon
------------------
"we cant stop here.....its bat country" yoda.

This link in this thread gives quite a bit of information about mixing disassociative anasthetics like K with other drugs, and Zyban gets a mention right down the bottom in the section titled "III.5. What to Avoid Like the Plague"
So looks like if you're using Zyban, K is definately off the menu... Don't know about mdma and speed tho...

Ill make sure I avoid it... thanks Tars
smile.gif
You have to have a bloody huge list of links there!
The only thing Ive really noticed as far as interaction goes (still only tried MDMA, alcohol and speed with Zyban) is that the use of speed gives me a weird pins-and-needles effect on the top of my forehead.
Oh yeah, and I seem to have about 1/2 the tolerance to alcohol compared to usual. ITs a weird feeling being pretty smashed, then completely straight within half an hour. Dont know whether this is a confirmed side effect (havent looked it up yet) or whether it's just me. Normally Im the type to put down a bottle of beam and still be standing. Please note that the doctors only advice was how many to take. He didnt cover any drug interactions, and I forgot to ask.
Other than that, no worries. Havent had any problems with going on it - only a little spaced on the days after the dosage rises.
So if youre thinking of trying it, my advice: go right ahead.
--------------
I was just thinking about what you said kirstyp78, and realised that last time I had MDMA while on Zyban it hit me like a ton of bricks... ie. not able to walk, or even balance well. Now they *were* good caps, but I only had one, and it will be interesting to try again.
[This message has been edited by Jakoz (edited 31 May 2001).]

I am on Week 3 now and plugged 1 capsule, a crushed "polo", which are good anyhow. I have to say that really only abit more intense, but maybe thats the plugging and the crushing ofthe pill????????? I will try again in a week or two. And yes, Zyban works.

That zyban shite has so many reported untoward side effects often I wonder how it got liscenced. Its probably better than a long term tobacco addiction, but I would be hesitant mixing that stuff with anything.

Zyban's no better than patches or gum: expert

By JUDITH WHELAN, SYDNEY
Friday 1 June 2001

One of the chief researchers in a study into the anti-smoking drug Zyban has said she cannot understand how it was approved for a taxpayer subsidy.
She said the drug is no more effective than nicotine-replacement gums and patches.
Renee Bittoun, director of the smoking research unit at Sydney University, said she could not reveal the precise results of the study, which was sponsored by the drug's manufacturer GlaxoSmithKline, because her contract would not allow it...
Full article at: http://www.theage.com.au/news/national/2001/06/01/FFXOIUL3ENC.html
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.
[This message has been edited by BigTrancer (edited 01 June 2001).]

For anyone who doesn't already know, Zyban (bupropion) is in fact an anti-depressant and has been used for this purpose in th USA for a number of years. It is dissimilar to other anti-depressants, I think from memory it is a dopamine antagonist but don't quote me on that. Personally, I wouldn't combine it with e or stimulants (but I err on the side of caution).

For those who wanted to read more about this drug from an antidepressant perspective, research wellaburtin (sp?). That is the name of Zyban when marketed as an antidepressant.
Got pissed last nite, off a small amount. Still dont know whether its the Zyban or not, but the alcohol had the effect of instant brain fog, and hit like a tranquiliser. (Yes I know what youre thinking... it always does, but more so). Got smashed from a small amount of alcohol again. I have to get around to researching interactions between Zyban and alcohol. By last nights standards, there is no way that I want to have the legal two standard drinks before driving.
So just be careful - I got no information about any possible interactions (if there are any)... you might not get any info either.

Nearly forgot...
BigTrancer: For interesting reading, check out the quit rates when used in conjunction with nicotine replacement therapy. Just be mindful of the sources tho
smile.gif

Yep. I read the articles... depending on who you read the figures can vary quite a bit, particularly from country to country. Best I can gather, from Australian tests:
Placebo treatment = 15% quit rate after 12 months
Patches/gums used alone = 30% quit rate after 12 months
Bupropion HCl used alone = 30% quit rate after 12 months
Bupropion HCl + patches/gums = 40% quit rate after 12 months
I don't mean to doubt this pharmaceutical or indicate any judgement on the users of this quitting aid. I believe that if you have an addiction and you really want to quit, then any technique that works for you which causes the minimum pain and doesn't substitute one addiction for another is fine. Whatever works for you. I think that each person should find out which treatment is the most appropriate and economical for them. Some people may find that they respond psychologically better to a patch rather than a tablet because it doesn't seem like another drug. Others may find they would rather use a cheaper alternative, it's all about personal preference.
The name of the antidepressant is Wellbutrin.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

I too read tat Zyban is like a mild anti-depressant (actually my mum told me.. the doctor told her) so I wouldn't recommend taking it with pills... this is probably why you're getting higher off less.. thats the effect that taking an anti-depressant with mdma does (serotonin syndrome) it effects the breakdown of the enzymes in your liver so you have more mdma running around in your blood than you usually might have.

Hey something like 20 people have died of Zyban use alone as it raises your blood pressure, Prolly not a good idea to mix with drugs, Yet im no doctor!!
Take care but!!

Fifty-seven deaths put anti-smoking drug under spotlight
LONDON, Jan 18 AFP|Published: Friday January 18, 10:06 PM
A total of 57 people in Britain have died after suspected adverse reactions to the anti-smoking drug Zyban, according new to British government figures.
The regulatory Medicines Control Agency (MCA) stressed that there was no proof Zyban had contributed to the deaths, and that in most case the person's underlying nicotine-dependent condition could provide a reason.
In January last year, the number of fatalities reported after taking the GlaxoSmithKline drug was 18. Zyban was licensed in Britain in June 2000.
Half a million patients in the UK are estimated to have received the drug. In a statement, the MCA said there had been a total of 6,975 reports of suspected adverse reactions by January 10.
Of those, 168 were for reported seizures. Others include insomnia, rashes, headache, nausea, vomiting and depression.
"There have been 57 reports of suspected adverse reactions to Zyban which have resulted in a fatal outcome," the MCA said in a safety update on its website.
"The contribution of Zyban to these fatal cases is unproven, and in the majority of cases the individual's underlying condition may provide an alternative explanation.
"In 14 of these reports the individual was not taking Zyban at the time of their death."
An MCA spokesman stressed that in comparing Zyban with other medicines, the proportion of Zyban reports that had fatal outcomes was much lower, less than one per cent.
"As with all new drugs, the safety of Zyban remains under close review," the MCA statement went on.
GlaxoSmithKline, Europe's biggest drug maker, said the treatment posed no increased danger to smokers.
A spokesman said: "There is currently no reason to believe that patients taking Zyban have an increased risk of death.
"There is no proven link with deaths and the medicine is used in patients who are already at risk because of smoking."
The spokesman pointed out that smoking-related disease killed 320 people a day in Britain.
<a href="http://www.theage.com.au/breaking/2002/01/18/FFX2PNRUKWC.html" target="_blank">http://www.theage.com.au/breaking/2002/01/18/FFX2PNRUKWC.html

Fuck... forgot about this one!
My final thoughts about combinations, now, 6 months later, are:
Zyban + speed: For me, zyban lifts my body temperature quite noticeably. Any speed used as well lifted my body temp to a very high level - we're talking about a drenching sweat within minutes of high activity.
Zyban + MDMA: Funny combo... effects of pills seem to increase quite markedly, but only certain effects - seemed to make me feel more drunken - less balance, slowed reactions, at times trouble walking. The 'loved up' aspect was not higher in my opinion.