Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

zoloft

mr mashed

Bluelighter
i was told zoloft was better than prozac for mdma neuro protection if taken half hour before. if anyone educated knows anything about this please help, your knowledge would be very grateful.

Definately wouldn't be taking any of these until you have finished the roll as substances like prozac are instant workers - thus increasing the possibility of heading into the toxic land!!!!!!

how would taking beforhand lead to damage? i was under the impression that it would only lesson the affects of pill, via blockage of reuptake transporters. please explain.

"zoloft is a potent and selective inhibitor of neuronal serotonin reuptake and has only very weak effects on noradrenaline and dopamine reuptake" (invitro studies on animals. APP guide 2000)
it will decrease the effects of the mdma if taken before
[This message has been edited by SirLSD (edited 15 May 2001).]

but should decrease neurotoxicity if taken after
[This message has been edited by SirLSD (edited 15 May 2001).]

many thanx. so if im going to take an ssri to reduce neurotoxidity am i better off taking prozac afterwards rather than zoloft afterwards? has anyone tried zoloft or prozac? or should i stick with my 5htp?

1 ,or if a big night, 2 prozac will do wonders (after)- even gives you a warm feeling!!
Lilly for ever

Ive read that it almost completely stops any brain damage from occuring after you've taken ecstasy, if you take it 2 or more hours after the complete effects of the ecstasy have worn off.
I am certainly not a authority on the matter though, I think its something BigTrancer of Entropope could answer. I will have a look tho.
smile.gif

something that would be worth looking into is eldepryl (selegeline) its a MAO-B inhibitor used in the treatement of parkinsons. dont confuse MAO-B's with MAOI's. MAOIs are a big no no in general.

SSRI's taken as a post-load (whether they be Prozac, Zoloft, or 5-HTP) have been reported to assist the reduction of neurotoxicity.
That's why it's a good idea to try to have something like one of these substances as a post-load supplement. 5-HTP is probably the easiest to obtain as it's not a prescription only substance. According to many of the pre- and post-loading schemes listed in our FAQ, Prozac and Zoloft are also excellent for post loading.
Note 1: If you are ON a course of Prozac or Zoloft, you'll know that these drugs take a few days to begin working fully in an anti-depressant capacity, and again a further 2 weeks or more to completely clear your system once you've stopped taking them. That means, you can't just stop your course and take MDMA, because chances are the action of the anti-depressant will completely negate any MDMA effect.
Note 2: Avoid combining 5-HTP and anti-depressants (as this combination can potentially cause seratonin syndrome).
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

Horse: remember, those prozac tests were conducted on mice (I beleive), we're simply extrapolating that to humans, a big leap to make. I don't beleive similar tests have ever been conducted on humans.
We've also made the assumption (which is a pretty safe assumption) that 5-htp helps to lessen the neurotoxicity. Again I don't think scientific tests have ever been conducted on humans to prove this theory.
Not to say that I don't think that our assumptions are true, just being pedantic really hehe

No more than 50mg.
Although, I don't recommend people taking anti-depressants for post/pre loading purposes.
They do help in releasing seratonin, but its not real seratonin, as the only seratonin that is real is that which is naturally produced from your neurons by absolute or spontaneous release; bananas, greens and soy.
Anti-d’s make you feel ill in the stomach, sore head and DON’T work unless you take them every day for at least a few weeks.
If you pop one after a roll it won’t do much at all except maybe make you feel sick.
Stick with 5htp!

Melting: What's the difference between the two "types" of seratonin you mention (ie. so called "real" seratonin from food, and any other kind of seratonin found in the body)?
You wrote:
(Anti-depressants) do help in releasing seratonin, but its not real seratonin, as the only seratonin that is real is that which is naturally produced from your neurons by absolute or spontaneous release; bananas, greens and soy.
As I understand it, anti-depressants do not actually help your body produce seratonin, but rather slow the reuptake of this neurotransmitter. What then is the difference between the action of 5-HTP and an SSRI anti-depressant?
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

thanx again for your help rollers but(dont mean to sound ungreatful), Melting i was under the impression that ssri's only block re-uptake not release serotonin, Big Trancer believes the same, but i do know that some ssri's can take up to a month to work. a doctor told me i would have to take Prozac everyday for a week after roll to completely eliminate damage. I have zoloft and hoped it worked quicker than prozac but waiting on more info before i try. i realy want you peoples to know what you are talking about before you reply. i have asked dancesafe for info aswell still waiting for reply will keep you posted.
thanx so much again,play safe.

thats correct bigtrancer. melting is wrong. and you wont need to keep taking the ssri's for a week postload. one dose should do. but yes you do need to take a it for a week or two to induce full antidepressant effects when used as antidepressants.

sorry, this might be a bit off the topic, but could anyone recommend a good recreational dosage for prozac/zoloft? (not pre/post loading)
and a brief rundown of the effects?

Some efects of ssri's: postural hypotension, sweating, dry mouth, nausea, headaches, dizziness, drowsiness, constipation, loss of appetite, nervousness, and sexual disfunction. It doesn't sound like much fun because ssri's have no recreational value. Surely you can't be that desperate to get high.
------------------
Everything in moderation including moderation.

thanx heaps everyone, i will give zoloft a go next drop. unfortunetly im in the middle of a 6 month break(head really really needs it) and will have to wait.
thanx again,
not so mr mashed.