Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Home grown shrooms...

Drave

Bluelighter
I know this topic has been discussed before, but from memory it was about this time last year...
frown.gif
so here goes again...
Keeping it simple, shrooms r good... and i want to grow some...
smile.gif
does anyone here have ANY experience with such things, or know of any place in Australia that supplies spores?
i have found plenty of overseas places that supply spores, but i doubt customs would let them through, and there r many books on growing, but nothing is like first-hand experience...
Any information would be greatly appreciated, and please use my mail address if u would rather not publicly announce that u r the biggest expert mushy farmer in the southern hemisphere...
wink.gif

thanx
smile.gif

Have considered with friends at looking into growing them, but there's something about the bonding of picking mushies then eating them that makes it even better.
Plus, it's too much hard work.
Anyhoo, good luck, if it works out, drop me a line - i can help you test your product :p haha.

what you be looking for is -the hardest to get- back issue of "hightimes" magazine, sept'1989 issue #169. it details the most simple technique using fermented straw as a base. you need to have a hydro cupboard going for your indoor gardening hobby. this environment can provide the appropriate heat, humidity and finally light!!! once you're are up and running you can cycle indefinately if you're thorough!!
to obtain spores in australia you should first join a botanical, society they have fungal egghead groups! you can then get psylacybus fungal spores through customs for your hobby, have them sent via international air express.
you will need to find this issue of hightimes, i lent and lost it years ago and cant remember the details of where to order spores or temperatures for development stages but i've seen it working and its a treat and easy once you're started.
good luck, love to hear from yu at [email protected]

I know you're after a first hand experienced shroomer to give you advice Drave, so i'm sorry bout that, but the next best thing i can think of is http://www.erowid.org/plants/mushrooms/mushrooms.shtml
that's the best site i know (Apart from BL!) when it comes to any substances society is against :p
apart from nutmeg and cactus though.
Peace.
------------------
I have the body of a God,........Buddha.

you can spore them yourself...
I think you can get sterile pad thingies for impregnating spores on to from some of those overseas catalogs.
It's not easy, but if you can't get them from overseas suppliers, probably the easiest way you'll find. Main thing is the right conditions... and you get all the jars and things from those suppliers, if customs will let them through. Alternatively you can probably find some at horticulture shops around here.
Damn... I did have a full FAQ on mushy sporing, growing, eating, everything. But we have no search function
frown.gif

Speaking of mushies, my mates and I are thinking about taking a trip down to Balingup (WA) after our exams (June/July) to pick some. I've heard that there are heaps of cops around at this time, but meh, who cares!! Anyone interested in coming??
------------------
Blessed are they who can laugh at themselves, for they shall be forever amused.

It must be mushy season.
The first thing to do is check out the shroomery: http://www.shroomery.org/ They have heaps of info on growing techniques etc. Reading the stuff at the shoomery will give you an idea of the expense, labour and time involved.
Growing is not that hard, especially if you have an interest in biology or like gardening. Seasonal outdoor beds are an alternative to inside growing.
Go for the P. cubensis B+ strain (myco cultures or spore prints). There are probably stonger strains around, but B+ have fairly tolerant growing conditions and give good results
smile.gif
wink.gif
smile.gif

Insecurity if you're not careful you have a very good chance of getting busted.
Some precautions are go down in a car that has country license plates, not city plates. And park somewhere other than on the side of a main road
smile.gif
That way the bill won't see your car and if they do, it won't arouse suspicion. Good luck and be careful!!

thanx for the info guys... and thanx to the peeps who mailed me...
heehee... i can see a perth mushy party happening this winter...