• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Why are Mallinckrodt pills so WEAK?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K12

Bluelighter
When I use Mallinckrodt hydrocodone and compare it to Watson or Qualitest hydrocodone I am disappointed. It takes roughly twice as many milligrams of Mallinckrodt to give the same effect as Watson or Qualitest Vicodin, and the Mallinckrodt Vicodin high feels "unclean" like the buzz is offset by some other chemicals. However, when I take the mallinckrodt vicodin and do a cold water extraction, being left with only hydrocodone and none of the shit fillers mallinckrodt puts in their pills, I am VERY pleased. When filtered, the Mallinckrodt pills feel just like the Watson or Qualitest pills that ARE NOT filtered.

Anyone speculate on why Mallinckrodt pills are shit? I could understand a little discrepancy when comparing brands, but the Mallinckrodt brand is just grossly ineffective at producing the buzz that hydrocodone is designed to give.

Mallinckrodt 512 imprint percocets are shit too.

Seriously... I read on this site how many people think it's some kind of placebo effect that Mallinckrodts suck so I just did a cold water extraction and like magic, Mallinckrodt hydrocodone felt like other brands. Unless this is also a placebo effect! LoL!

Only two real possibilities-

1-It's placebo. I think this most likely, they seem just fine to me.

2-They don't dissolve as quickly as other brands, which is why cwe helps.

Certainly they don't contain less hydro, the FDA is pretty fucking picky about shit like that.

There are enough people bitching and complaining about Mallinckrodt hydrocodone and oxycodone. Mallinckrodts effectiveness is just shit. I do not think that you are properly analizing the effectiveness of Mallinckrodt pills when you say "they seem just fine to me". If you compared one dose of Mallinckrodt to one dose of Qualitest and paid very careful attention to the onset, coming up effect, climax, plateau, and come down effects of both brands you would agree that the Mallinckrodt brand is garbage.

The only people that think that the Mallinckrodt brand is just as good are not doing a good job of comparing the different brands effectively. Then they come on here and say "oh the FDA wouldn't allow one brand to be more effective than the next - therefor it's a placebo". What a (Mallin)Ckrodt of shit !!!

I'd say it might be the mechanism in which the pill works, perhaps it's different than Watson which is odd. You said a cold water extraction worked well so I guess it's probably that..

Um i shoot Mallinckrodt 15mg and 30mg oxycodone pills, and id take a Mally 30 over one of the old OC 40s to inject any day. many people ive seen share my opinion

There are enough people bitching and complaining about Mallinckrodt hydrocodone and oxycodone. Mallinckrodts effectiveness is just shit. I do not think that you are properly analizing the effectiveness of Mallinckrodt pills when you say "they seem just fine to me". If you compared one dose of Mallinckrodt to one dose of Qualitest and paid very careful attention to the onset, coming up effect, climax, plateau, and come down effects of both brands you would agree that the Mallinckrodt brand is garbage.

The only people that think that the Mallinckrodt brand is just as good are not doing a good job of comparing the different brands effectively. Then they come on here and say "oh the FDA wouldn't allow one brand to be more effective than the next - therefor it's a placebo". What a (Mallin)Ckrodt of shit !!!
Hate to be all logical and shit, but if they had less hydro in them a cwe wouldn't change that.

Um i shoot Mallinckrodt 15mg and 30mg oxycodone pills, and id take a Mally 30 over one of the old OC 40s to inject any day. many people ive seen share my opinion

Pretty well agree, the M-15 and M-30s are the BEST IR OCs, in my opinion. Even better than brand Roxies.
I don't shoot 'em, though.

Best

Hate to be all logical and shit, but if they had less hydro in them a cwe wouldn't change that.

Yeah squirrel I know but IMO the binders and fillers in mallys are the problem. That's why when I get them I just do a cwe and am left with ONLY the hydrocodone.

when i used to get oxy 80s of a kid that he got from his mom, they were always the generic ones. one day he gave me an oc80 and it was not even comparable to the generics. it was garbage i thought. and it had nothing to do with tolerance or any of that kind of stuff.

I like Mallink. Dilaudids over other generic brands,also Malinkr. Methadone is good as well IMO. They Mallinkr. OC's i have never had,or the hydrocodones or oxycodone aka percocets..so as far as those I can't say if the are not as good..I do know that Mylan Xanax=the round blue ones are like 1/2 the strength it seems of the other football shaped Xanax generics..Weird how some companies certain pills are shit when compared to others,while some of the pills the same company makes are better or as good as another companys..

Actually, my school pharmacy that has always given me Watson brand hydros when I needed them gave me this Mallinckrodt brand this time...honestly, using it just for pain reasons and not recreationally (only have the 5mg pills) I didn't notice anything different. The watsons are just larger, and I wished they gave me this other brand when I'd had oral surgery since they seem quite smaller. I think everyone handles the different fillers differently, and for some people (like me) I've not noticed any different --- I was just excited to see that the pills weren't as large and easier to cut if need be.

The mally 15s and 30s are best for shooting cuz beside brand name dilaudid they have the fewest inactive ingredients of any opiate pill. they have microcrystalline cellulose, lactose monohydrate ( milk sugar basically, a common heroin cut ) and stearic acid ( a fatty acid that is already in your blood stream anyway). the real one of these you have to worry about is micro crystalline cellulose which has a particle size of 5 to 35 microns, so a .22 micron wheel filter will easily eliminate all of it from your shot. thats why mallies are best for IV you can get the closest thing to a pure oxy shot possible without getting real pharmacuetical grade IV oxy liquid

A couple of years ago I had the unfortunate experience in receiving my monthly script of 10/325 percs in Malli generics. I can't say if it was placebo, but they did almost nothing for me. As an experiment, I gave my dad 2 of them when he had a back ache (he is opiate naive) kind of passing it off as something else just to see if it worked on him. It had no appreciable effect on him either - and he had not a clue of Malli 'reputation', nor did he even realize it was a narcotic med he was taking. Maybe I had a bad batch? I do not know, but since then I have always made sure the pharmacy had ANY other brand, and I switched pharmacies in the few cases where they had nothing else but Mallie generics available.

I have also used the Mallie norco 10/325 generics, and these seemed to work just fine.

I believe in the case of the Mallie Percs I tried, it was either an issue with the fillers/binders or I had a defective batch.

I am aware that Mallie actually produces and provides the basic narcotic salts to most of the other narcotic manufacturers. So I can not imagine anything is wrong with the active ingredient(s). However, it is conceivable that a poorly designed filler/binder could cause some absorption issues.

Last edited:
Only two real possibilities-

2-They don't dissolve as quickly as other brands, which is why cwe helps.

Certainly they don't contain less hydro, the FDA is pretty fucking picky about shit like that.

I highly disagree with the placebo statement.......I see the exact same problem with different name brands. Watson by far are the best when it comes to Vicodin or Percocet. Ive had name brand Vicodin & Percs & the Watson brand is more powerful & the high is alot better.

Qualitest to me is the worst when it comes to Vicodin or Oxycodone IR

Agree 100% with your analysis.

I have a prescription to the 5/325 hydrocodone and I make sure I am getting the mallinckrodt brand, it works much better than the watsons or the qualitists, my main complaint about those are the red beads in them

Status
Not open for further replies.