PDA

View Full Version : Why are Mallinckrodt pills so WEAK?

K12
24-11-2010, 17:59
When I use Mallinckrodt hydrocodone and compare it to Watson or Qualitest hydrocodone I am disappointed. It takes roughly twice as many milligrams of Mallinckrodt to give the same effect as Watson or Qualitest Vicodin, and the Mallinckrodt Vicodin high feels "unclean" like the buzz is offset by some other chemicals. However, when I take the mallinckrodt vicodin and do a cold water extraction, being left with only hydrocodone and none of the shit fillers mallinckrodt puts in their pills, I am VERY pleased. When filtered, the Mallinckrodt pills feel just like the Watson or Qualitest pills that ARE NOT filtered.

Anyone speculate on why Mallinckrodt pills are shit? I could understand a little discrepancy when comparing brands, but the Mallinckrodt brand is just grossly ineffective at producing the buzz that hydrocodone is designed to give.

love2party
24-11-2010, 18:03
Mallinckrodt 512 imprint percocets are shit too.

K12
24-11-2010, 18:08
Mallinckrodt 512 imprint percocets are shit too.

Seriously... I read on this site how many people think it's some kind of placebo effect that Mallinckrodts suck so I just did a cold water extraction and like magic, Mallinckrodt hydrocodone felt like other brands. Unless this is also a placebo effect! LoL!

fryingsquirrel
24-11-2010, 19:17
Only two real possibilities-

1-It's placebo. I think this most likely, they seem just fine to me.

2-They don't dissolve as quickly as other brands, which is why cwe helps.

Certainly they don't contain less hydro, the FDA is pretty fucking picky about shit like that.

K12
24-11-2010, 21:06

There are enough people bitching and complaining about Mallinckrodt hydrocodone and oxycodone. Mallinckrodts effectiveness is just shit. I do not think that you are properly analizing the effectiveness of Mallinckrodt pills when you say "they seem just fine to me". If you compared one dose of Mallinckrodt to one dose of Qualitest and paid very careful attention to the onset, coming up effect, climax, plateau, and come down effects of both brands you would agree that the Mallinckrodt brand is garbage.

The only people that think that the Mallinckrodt brand is just as good are not doing a good job of comparing the different brands effectively. Then they come on here and say "oh the FDA wouldn't allow one brand to be more effective than the next - therefor it's a placebo". What a (Mallin)Ckrodt of shit !!!

manwithaplan
24-11-2010, 21:17
I'd say it might be the mechanism in which the pill works, perhaps it's different than Watson which is odd. You said a cold water extraction worked well so I guess it's probably that..

OxyDillyKing
24-11-2010, 22:39
Um i shoot Mallinckrodt 15mg and 30mg oxycodone pills, and id take a Mally 30 over one of the old OC 40s to inject any day. many people ive seen share my opinion

fryingsquirrel
24-11-2010, 23:05
There are enough people bitching and complaining about Mallinckrodt hydrocodone and oxycodone. Mallinckrodts effectiveness is just shit. I do not think that you are properly analizing the effectiveness of Mallinckrodt pills when you say "they seem just fine to me". If you compared one dose of Mallinckrodt to one dose of Qualitest and paid very careful attention to the onset, coming up effect, climax, plateau, and come down effects of both brands you would agree that the Mallinckrodt brand is garbage.

The only people that think that the Mallinckrodt brand is just as good are not doing a good job of comparing the different brands effectively. Then they come on here and say "oh the FDA wouldn't allow one brand to be more effective than the next - therefor it's a placebo". What a (Mallin)Ckrodt of shit !!!Hate to be all logical and shit, but if they had less hydro in them a cwe wouldn't change that.

Pchild
24-11-2010, 23:59
Um i shoot Mallinckrodt 15mg and 30mg oxycodone pills, and id take a Mally 30 over one of the old OC 40s to inject any day. many people ive seen share my opinion

Pretty well agree, the M-15 and M-30s are the BEST IR OCs, in my opinion. Even better than brand Roxies.
I don't shoot 'em, though.

Best

OxyDillyKing
25-11-2010, 05:00
Yea they are even the sest for snorting too from what ive heard

K12
26-11-2010, 00:25
Hate to be all logical and shit, but if they had less hydro in them a cwe wouldn't change that.

Yeah squirrel I know but IMO the binders and fillers in mallys are the problem. That's why when I get them I just do a cwe and am left with ONLY the hydrocodone.

RidingtheBrownline
26-11-2010, 00:31
when i used to get oxy 80s of a kid that he got from his mom, they were always the generic ones. one day he gave me an oc80 and it was not even comparable to the generics. it was garbage i thought. and it had nothing to do with tolerance or any of that kind of stuff.

DavisK4high247
26-11-2010, 02:44
I like Mallink. Dilaudids over other generic brands,also Malinkr. Methadone is good as well IMO. They Mallinkr. OC's i have never had,or the hydrocodones or oxycodone aka percocets..so as far as those I can't say if the are not as good..I do know that Mylan Xanax=the round blue ones are like 1/2 the strength it seems of the other football shaped Xanax generics..Weird how some companies certain pills are shit when compared to others,while some of the pills the same company makes are better or as good as another companys..

purple_cloud
26-11-2010, 02:54
Actually, my school pharmacy that has always given me Watson brand hydros when I needed them gave me this Mallinckrodt brand this time...honestly, using it just for pain reasons and not recreationally (only have the 5mg pills) I didn't notice anything different. The watsons are just larger, and I wished they gave me this other brand when I'd had oral surgery since they seem quite smaller. I think everyone handles the different fillers differently, and for some people (like me) I've not noticed any different --- I was just excited to see that the pills weren't as large and easier to cut if need be.

OxyDillyKing
26-11-2010, 02:56
The mally 15s and 30s are best for shooting cuz beside brand name dilaudid they have the fewest inactive ingredients of any opiate pill. they have microcrystalline cellulose, lactose monohydrate ( milk sugar basically, a common heroin cut ) and stearic acid ( a fatty acid that is already in your blood stream anyway). the real one of these you have to worry about is micro crystalline cellulose which has a particle size of 5 to 35 microns, so a .22 micron wheel filter will easily eliminate all of it from your shot. thats why mallies are best for IV you can get the closest thing to a pure oxy shot possible without getting real pharmacuetical grade IV oxy liquid

MadWolfZX
26-11-2010, 05:51
A couple of years ago I had the unfortunate experience in receiving my monthly script of 10/325 percs in Malli generics. I can't say if it was placebo, but they did almost nothing for me. As an experiment, I gave my dad 2 of them when he had a back ache (he is opiate naive) kind of passing it off as something else just to see if it worked on him. It had no appreciable effect on him either - and he had not a clue of Malli 'reputation', nor did he even realize it was a narcotic med he was taking. Maybe I had a bad batch? I do not know, but since then I have always made sure the pharmacy had ANY other brand, and I switched pharmacies in the few cases where they had nothing else but Mallie generics available.

I have also used the Mallie norco 10/325 generics, and these seemed to work just fine.

I believe in the case of the Mallie Percs I tried, it was either an issue with the fillers/binders or I had a defective batch.

I am aware that Mallie actually produces and provides the basic narcotic salts to most of the other narcotic manufacturers. So I can not imagine anything is wrong with the active ingredient(s). However, it is conceivable that a poorly designed filler/binder could cause some absorption issues.

TheLostBoys
26-11-2010, 08:44
Only two real possibilities-

2-They don't dissolve as quickly as other brands, which is why cwe helps.

Certainly they don't contain less hydro, the FDA is pretty fucking picky about shit like that.

I highly disagree with the placebo statement.......I see the exact same problem with different name brands. Watson by far are the best when it comes to Vicodin or Percocet. Ive had name brand Vicodin & Percs & the Watson brand is more powerful & the high is alot better.

Qualitest to me is the worst when it comes to Vicodin or Oxycodone IR

TheLostBoys
26-11-2010, 08:49

The only people that think that the Mallinckrodt brand is just as good are not doing a good job of comparing the different brands effectively. Then they come on here and say "oh the FDA wouldn't allow one brand to be more effective than the next - therefor it's a placebo". What a (Mallin)Ckrodt of shit !!!

Agree 100% with your analysis.

pharmaecopia
09-12-2010, 23:38
I have a prescription to the 5/325 hydrocodone and I make sure I am getting the mallinckrodt brand, it works much better than the watsons or the qualitists, my main complaint about those are the red beads in them

Ryan11adidas
10-12-2010, 00:42
Sorry I am a rookie, can someone explain the cwe(cold water effect) to me please?

BlueberryfishY
11-12-2010, 02:00

Almost everyone around here swears that the M 30's are better than any other, i myself think the a215/a214 made by activis/amide are better due to less binders and filler along with qualitest brand.

BlueberryfishY
11-12-2010, 02:02
I have a prescription to the 5/325 hydrocodone and I make sure I am getting the mallinckrodt brand, it works much better than the watsons or the qualitists, my main complaint about those are the red beads in them

The red beads are just a part of the filler/binder and have no active medicine in them.

fryingsquirrel
11-12-2010, 02:20
I have a prescription to the 5/325 hydrocodone and I make sure I am getting the mallinckrodt brand, it works much better than the watsons or the qualitists, my main complaint about those are the red beads in themThat's my point, the thread is about why do mallinckrodt pills suck an this guy likes them better. Which is right?

Answer-It was a trick question, they are the fucking same=D

Violenza666
11-12-2010, 03:56
Mallenkroft Roxis are the BEST by far!

gatman
11-12-2010, 04:26
I like them just fine

RedBaron
11-12-2010, 04:33
I do not see much difference. I have not felt like I wasted time/money on any generic or brandname pharm opiate I have had. Always a pleasure :).
The fact that you are sitting there trying to distinguish each phase of the high makes me think that you are forcing a placebo effect.

I'm going to have to agree with fryingsquirrel.

fryingsquirrel
11-12-2010, 04:34
Mallenkroft Roxis are the BEST by far!Agreed, but I assume you're comparing IR roxis to time release oxy formulas. That's different from comparing different hydro pills.

stuckinaloop
11-12-2010, 06:28

agreed.

Violenza666
11-12-2010, 09:38
Agreed, but I assume you're comparing IR roxis to time release oxy formulas. That's different from comparing different hydro pills.

Yea I am talking about IR :D I'm not a fan of hydros cause they dont help me :( ... I so wish I could get high on 2 vicodin again..

TheLostBoys
11-12-2010, 10:18
Yea I am talking about IR :D I'm not a fan of hydros cause they dont help me :( ... I so wish I could get high on 2 vicodin again..

I remember when half of a Vicodin had be high as a kite. Gotta take 2 of them to get where I wanna be nowadays but if you abuse them, the tolerance will sky rocket.

Violenza666
11-12-2010, 10:50
I remember when half of a Vicodin had be high as a kite. Gotta take 2 of them to get where I wanna be nowadays but if you abuse them, the tolerance will sky rocket.

It's not from abuse.. it's just the Opana. Shit makes your tolerance skyrocket. :)

stuckinaloop
11-12-2010, 10:55
I personally want the smallest brand pill for whatever dosage i am using. I.e. activis if I am doing oxy IR 30mg.

before I switched to dope I got served 15mg oxy ir's once instead of 30mg and it was a fucking mission to sniff 150mg worth. Utter hell.

Violenza666
11-12-2010, 11:05
I personally want the smallest brand pill for whatever dosage i am using. I.e. activis if I am doing oxy IR 30mg.

before I switched to dope I got served 15mg oxy ir's once instead of 30mg and it was a fucking mission to sniff 150mg worth. Utter hell.

I like activas as well. I just hate the small 30's with the waxy coating.. I don't know the company...

OxyDillyKing
11-12-2010, 22:29
Total bullshit. Mallinckrodt makes the BEST oxycodone for IV, and almost everyone who uses that ROA will tell you so

K12
13-12-2010, 16:43

Ahhhh..... memory lane.... well when i had surgery i remember when just one Tylenol 3 (with 15 mg codeine) had me sitting on my couch blitzed out of my mind on a warm cloud with a big smile on my face.

i miss virgin tolerances

Atlien3
13-12-2010, 16:48
Malli Roxis are awesome, I have no idea why the lortabs suck so much, but they do, it isnt placebo, they just plain suck

helldemonfiend
14-12-2012, 02:59
im going to copy tis just like I wrote this on another web site , because im so pissed bythis, finally decided to write about it after i finally saw a similar post on another sitethat was recent

ive been taking oxycodones for most of 4 years due to this acromegaly destroying my body. started seeing a pain doc a few months ago to deal with my pain meds. before i was taking 20 to 25 mg 4 to 5 times a day, but this pain doc is only letting me 15 mg 4x day with the fentanyl 25. its not sufficient. the patch seems to ease just slightly but the oxy is what starts to get rid of the pain. ive been complaining but they seem reluctant to raise me to 20mg, this last time they added another 12 to the 25 of fentanyl patch. its not good enough. but this last batch of 15mg oxy seems soo weak. got it filled nov 21. i knew it the first day i had them. wound up taking 2 more than suppossed to the first day, and that was just in the evening after i got them, next day again had to take twice as much. went to the pharmacy 3x, they kept blowing me off telling me to come back because they dont have enough, which i know theyre lying because 99% of the time they have when i need them filled. they told me to tell the doctor, but ive not wanted to because ive only been going there a few months, and theyve already wrote the prescription, they cant do another one. is there no accountability? first couple weeks i scoured the internet to see if this ever happens. didnt see anything too recent until i found this post. thank you for starting, i just HAD to tell somebody. now im in my second week of radiation, and an hour and half trip each way andim having so much pain. i hope they raise my oxy dose next tues when i go back. i shouldnt have to beg. and i dont want to. they have the ability to really help me but almost act like im asking for a million dollars. its really depressing. by the way, theyre qualitest oxycodone, and im never having them filled at cvs ever again. i will also be starting to migrate the rest of my medicine away from this place because of this, I hope you read this cvs and qualitest! %?#$$ you!

also it had nothing to do with my increase in fentanyl patch, because there was a problem with insurance so i could get them until 2 weeks later

JoshuaHD
14-12-2012, 03:18
First posts here guys but unless you have brought fake Mallis i would have to agree with people here they are the absolute best blues out currently they are twice as thick as the A 215, k9, v48 11 so when you bust those bad boys you get one hell of a line that tastes great and has one hell of a rush

Gives me chills just thinking about it lol

1) M 30
2) A 215
3) k9
4) v 48 11
5) 144

10) 244 <--- those are dirt i would almost rather go sick

JoshuaHD
14-12-2012, 03:24
im going to copy tis just like I wrote this on another web site , because im so pissed bythis, finally decided to write about it after i finally saw a similar post on another sitethat was recent

ive been taking oxycodones for most of 4 years due to this acromegaly destroying my body. started seeing a pain doc a few months ago to deal with my pain meds. before i was taking 20 to 25 mg 4 to 5 times a day, but this pain doc is only letting me 15 mg 4x day with the fentanyl 25. its not sufficient. the patch seems to ease just slightly but the oxy is what starts to get rid of the pain. ive been complaining but they seem reluctant to raise me to 20mg, this last time they added another 12 to the 25 of fentanyl patch. its not good enough. but this last batch of 15mg oxy seems soo weak. got it filled nov 21. i knew it the first day i had them. wound up taking 2 more than suppossed to the first day, and that was just in the evening after i got them, next day again had to take twice as much. went to the pharmacy 3x, they kept blowing me off telling me to come back because they dont have enough, which i know theyre lying because 99% of the time they have when i need them filled. they told me to tell the doctor, but ive not wanted to because ive only been going there a few months, and theyve already wrote the prescription, they cant do another one. is there no accountability? first couple weeks i scoured the internet to see if this ever happens. didnt see anything too recent until i found this post. thank you for starting, i just HAD to tell somebody. now im in my second week of radiation, and an hour and half trip each way andim having so much pain. i hope they raise my oxy dose next tues when i go back. i shouldnt have to beg. and i dont want to. they have the ability to really help me but almost act like im asking for a million dollars. its really depressing. by the way, theyre qualitest oxycodone, and im never having them filled at cvs ever again. i will also be starting to migrate the rest of my medicine away from this place because of this, I hope you read this cvs and qualitest! %?#$$ you!

also it had nothing to do with my increase in fentanyl patch, because there was a problem with insurance so i could get them until 2 weeks later

i hope things do improve for you! the qualitest are the greens with 48 11 on them if i remember correctly but i agree with where you are coming from that brand is considered generic i have taken a 30mg version of that brand and litterally not felt a thing and my tolerance is not high by any means what you can do is try calling around to see what brand each pharmacy carries i believe you would feel more relief from the a 214 or m 15 better knows as actives ( a 214) and mallinkrodt (m15)

hope i was of some help to you and good look in the future :)

linesoff1123
15-12-2012, 09:22
I thought they got bought out by covidien?

BIGsherm7272
15-12-2012, 10:46
I never really enjoyed mallis either, but as far as roxys go, they were the first I tried and hold a special place in my heart. But all forms of blues are easy to snort and shoot. I actually prefer the M's if I'm shooting it, but if I'm snorting it V's (Qualitest I believe?) have always been top notch. It hits harder and faster, and has less powder. The A's I will take any ROA, but I prefer to shoot or eat those, they don't seem as effective intranasally. Just my personal experience with blues in general.

Lusik1
11-03-2014, 00:07
When I use Mallinckrodt hydrocodone and compare it to Watson or Qualitest hydrocodone I am disappointed. It takes roughly twice as many milligrams of Mallinckrodt to give the same effect as Watson or Qualitest Vicodin, and the Mallinckrodt Vicodin high feels "unclean" like the buzz is offset by some other chemicals. However, when I take the mallinckrodt vicodin and do a cold water extraction, being left with only hydrocodone and none of the shit fillers mallinckrodt puts in their pills, I am VERY pleased. When filtered, the Mallinckrodt pills feel just like the Watson or Qualitest pills that ARE NOT filtered.

Anyone speculate on why Mallinckrodt pills are shit? I could understand a little discrepancy when comparing brands, but the Mallinckrodt brand is just grossly ineffective at producing the buzz that hydrocodone is designed to give.

I have tried both Mallinckrodt and Watson in the last 6 months. I can tell you that the Mallinckrodt hydrocodone 10/325 are very subpar quality. The Watson works soo MUCH BETTER for my pain management and I don't get the nauseous side effects that the Mallinckrodt hydrocodone gives me. After going back to Watson I can't believe I took that Mallinckrodt junk for 3 months. I thought it was my body but it was the poor quality drug made by Mallinckrodt. Don't believe them when they say all generics are the same! NOT!!
Mallinckrodt is sold by CVS, when I went to transfer my subscription to Walgreens who use Watson CVS would not transfer, they said they won't take faxes from other pharmacies, that they have to call them direct to transfer, I finally got it transferred to Walgreens and am very happy with my Watson hydrocodone 10/325. It works sooo much better than the low quality Mallinckrodt 10/325. I will also never use CVS again due to selling poor quality manufactures of it generics and poor customer service.

klekip
14-03-2014, 15:32
the buzz that hydrocodone is designed to give.

lololol

ntbc777
28-05-2014, 03:07
I have to agree a 100 % i get a 100 7.5 niorcos­e a month i take 2 in the am some times i feel great. some. times i feel like i might have taken a 5/325 they r crap my next refeil will not b at wally world

percojerk
28-05-2014, 04:03
I thought we weren't allowed to talk about " brand " name pills on this forum?

TheLostBoys
28-05-2014, 06:51
I have tried both Mallinckrodt and Watson in the last 6 months

. I can tell you that the Mallinckrodt hydrocodone 10/325 are very subpar quality. The Watson works soo MUCH BETTER for my pain management and I don't get the nauseous side effects that the Mallinckrodt hydrocodone gives me. After going back to Watson I can't believe I took that Mallinckrodt junk for 3 months. I thought it was my body but it was the poor quality drug made by Mallinckrodt. Don't believe them when they say all generics are the same! NOT!!
Mallinckrodt is sold by CVS, when I went to transfer my subscription to Walgreens who use Watson CVS would not transfer, they said they won't take faxes from other pharmacies, that they have to call them direct to transfer, I finally got it transferred to Walgreens and am very happy with my Watson hydrocodone 10/325. It works sooo much better than the low quality Mallinckrodt 10/325. I will also never use CVS again due to selling poor quality manufactures of it generics and poor customer service.

I agree with how different quality of hydrocodone the generics are........some are weak & yes, Watson is the best brand for hydrocodone .......I know all of them are supposed to have the same ingredients in them, etc.....but they definitely don't work the same.

Droppersneck
28-05-2014, 06:53
M box 30s are the ticket iirc

T. Calderone
28-05-2014, 07:36
I thought we weren't allowed to talk about " brand " name pills on this forum?
We're not because nothing productive happens with this type of discussion. I have to close this.