Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Serotonin restoring natural foods?

entropope

Bluelighter
Ok I guess I should go and do some research and find some real info before posting. But it's Sunday, I'm scattered... and that's about enough reason to be slack.
I've recently been told that bannanas (aka: naaannas) and mangoes are a good source of serotonin precursors. I was told this tonight, after wondering why I feel like I've had a small doseage of 5-htp following last night's pill session... and all I'd eaten was a naaanna.
Just wondering if anyone knows of any other foods that contain tryptophan? Or if this is just bullocks?

ive heard of-
1. bananas
2. turkey meat
3. blackcurrant juice
4. seafood (esp fatty fish, rich in Omega-3)

From some website:
Tryptophan is a naturally occurring amino acid found in several different foods, not just turkey. It is present in foods such as milk, eggs, tuna fish, cottage cheese, soy beans, cashews, chicken, peanut butter, clams, oysters, escargots, octopus, squid, bananas, pineapple and plums. (This is not even an exhaustive list.)
I think the highest sources are pineapple, bananas and turkey. Blend them together and you've got yourself the perfect come-down smoothie
smile.gif

I thought everyone knew about bananas?
Bananas are great. They contain tryptophan which is needed for serotonin production. The B vitamins are basically what you need to get into your system on the comedown. B6/B12/B9(aka folic acid)and magnesium are the main ones needed to help produce serotonin and dopamine.
B6 stimulates tryptophan production which is the precursor to serotonin...so 5-HTP pills should help. I think I heard somewhere that taking 5-HTP is pill form isn't anywhere near as good as having it stimulated in your brain, like taking a multi-vitamin isn't as good as eating. Wholegrains and shellfish, rice, spinach (if you're desperate!), chicken, bananas, turkey are all good
B12 and folic acid foods are fish, dairy, green leaf veges, eggs and rice, avocados and nuts.
All the nice juicy fruits and melons also have magnesium and and antioxidants.
Remember kiddies, B vitamins, magnesium and antioxidants
smile.gif

------------------
dzzzzzzzzzz.......

ahhh banana's.. natures fruit basket
smile.gif

2nd only to tinned fruit (see: peaches and apricot halves) for taste sensation at a recovery
smile.gif
but even better for you!
hc

if you cant get your hands on any 5HTP, then turkey and bananas are the next best thing.
i preloaded for the first time with 'turkey' for a couple of days before going out. i went through about a kilo of the stuff (i enjoy smallgoods) and was absolutely sick of the stuff afterwards. i had an orange and green ? that night, and the peak and come on felf more enhanced than usual. my come down and usual e-pression were hardly noticed - something that i usually always get quite bad.
me and my GF found that it helped a lot. a couple of bananas or turkey wont hurt, and it definately helps the roll.
8)

if you cant get your hands on any 5HTP, then turkey and bananas are the next best thing.
i preloaded for the first time with 'turkey' for a couple of days before going out. i went through about a kilo of the stuff (i enjoy smallgoods) and was absolutely sick of the stuff afterwards. i had an orange and green ? that night, and the peak and come on felf more enhanced than usual. my come down and usual e-pression were hardly noticed - something that i usually always get quite bad.
me and my GF found that it helped a lot. a couple of bananas or turkey wont hurt, and it definately helps the roll.
8)

My personal favourite natural tryptophan replacement is banana smoothies.
Apparatus:
Blender
knife
cup
Ingredients:
Frozen Bananas
Crushed Ice
Really cold milk
Apple and mango, strawberries or peaches(not too much)
Ice Cream or honey
Lecithen
A touch of mint
Blend well ~3 large or 5-6 small bananas. The ice, frozen bananas and cold milk will make a delicious thick drink. Throw in a few tryptophan tablets if you really want replenishment, but it works well as a restorer by itself, containing calcium as well as vitamins etc., and "neuroexcitary" practices all use up calcium, which can be thought of as the battery that powers your fired up synapses.
The mint will aid with digestion and restore your stomach acidity.
Drinking it warm would probably aid in absorption of L-tryptophan, but I suggest instead another glass of the cold stuff -- much nicer to the taste.
phase_dancer

Did anyone know this fact?
Banana is the single only food source which you can eat constantly for ever and gain enough minerals and vitamins to survive.
Thus if your stuck on an island with nothing but bananas then you will be sweet
biggrin.gif

PS: always carry bananas +seedling in your camping gear
wink.gif

RobE.
------------------
Yeah nice one brov! :)

Sustagen Sport has to be the best recovery drink/meal possible.
Full of amino acids (including L Tryptophan), Vitamins and Minerals.
Absolutely perfect for restoring the bounce into the body and brain!!

My 5HTP pills say they are a natural product, produced from the seeds of Grafonia Simplicifolia. So all you have to do is find out what this little fucker is (herb? tree? flower? small marsupial?) and how to grow it and harvest the seeds. If you do, let me know!!!
------------------
"You drive," he said. "I think there's something wrong with me." - Hunter S. Thompson, "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

HAHA "small marsupial?"
that cracked me up straylight
------------------
Yeah nice one brov! :)

i heard you can survive on dog food indefinitely as well, but i don't think you're likely to be stranded on a desert island with a grove of dog-food trees...
and i don't think i could face a tin of PAL on a comedown.
$0.02 ka-ching!
------------------
"Cabbages... knickers.... it's not got a beak!"

Hey peepz, My favourites have got to be :
-Banana(with a small drink,cos sometimes there aint no saliva left!),
-Sustagen or Up & Go,
-Vitamin B tablet before going out(say,6hours b4 dumping) and then once at home,
-Maybe a cup of black tea if i can handle that bitterness..
Oh, and maybe a killer python
smile.gif
, cos it tastes good and has lots a sugar !

Off topic: I thought that you could not survive on dog food, because it is missing some essential vitamins. When Mad Max came out some guy in the US tried to pull a stunt be eating only dog food for a year or something, like that, needless to say, he passed out and was taken to hospital after a few weeks.
smile.gif

Nick

grapefruit contains 5htp and vit c. it is great for recovery. c takes up the free radicals and shunts them from the body. banana smoothies ive often used to preload my mineral energy levels, graprefruit for recovery

Um, robE - wouldn't you be long dead before the banana plants grew from seeds?
Nice idea though!

ok if i eat lotsa seratonin like foods the day after taking a pill the night before, and eat heaps and heaps (well force it down my throat), will i have some replenished to have a pill the next night?

Since it takes a minimum of ~2 weeks for serotonin levels to replenish, no not really. Pilling two nights in a row is retarded anyway.