Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

overdosing on E?

robE

Bluelighter
Im just curious.
What actually happens if you take like 10 E tablets at once...not that im stupid or rich enough to try it!
smile.gif

Im just wondering if you can OD. PPL always say you can "OD" on E. But if you OD on ecstacy dont you just throw up basically because your body rejects the chemicals. bah i dunno....
Ive only heard of ppl ending up in hospital who haven't drunk enough water or have exhausted themselves.
Cheers
RobE.

From what I read (someone please correct me if Im wrong) the *estimated* LD50 (amount to kill, on average, half the subjects) of MDMA is about 6000mg. This would equal about *60* decent pills. So MDMA itself it a pretty safe drug.
Where the peoblem lies is in the other shit that may be in the pill. Ive had a few dud pills in my time, and I seriously wonder what would happen if I tried, following your question, to take 10 of them.
Anyway, 10 would just be a big fat way to fuck your brain up. In the case of ectasy, less is more.

thats pretty much what i thought thanks...
i still wonder though what actually happens to u for you body to just give up?? seisures? heart attach? could be any number of things i guess. anyone know?
yeah nice one brov!
smile.gif

RobE

Taking that much would put a pretty huge strain on your heart i'm guessing.
Perhaps even convulsion etc....
OR...it could be the most amazing thing you've ever done (although I doubt it) and also your serotonin levels would be seriously damaged for a VERY long time (if not permanently)
Take care people, and always remember the goldan motto
"Everything in moderation"

I think those LD50 levels are for rats and monkeys and there is still some speculation as to if they can be extrapolated to humans.
I spose this is becasue you can't line up a big group of people and inject them with huge amounts of MDMA to find the Lethal Dose that kills half of them.

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_info1.shtml
Although I was confident that Philip had only taken two and a half tablets, Phil was found to have 4.56 mg/L of MDMA in his blood. Plasma levels of this magnitude would be consistent with Phil having taken 22 tablets. Phil had used some of the same ecstasy tablets, with no ill effects, a few weeks earlier whilst on holiday. However, since returning from holiday, Phil had started on combination therapy and was taking Ritonavir (Norvir), a protease inhibitor produced by Abbott Laboratories, and I suspected that the high level of MDMA was the result of the effect of Ritonavir on his body's ability to metabolise MDMA. I pressed for this to be investigated further in order that any reoccurrence of the tragedy be avoided
*************************************************** http://www.dancesafe.org/contraindications.html
." A number of people have died after consuming Ecstasy while currently taking a prescription MAO Inhibitor.
If you are currently taking a MAO Inhibitor you would probably know (MAO Inhibitors are usually prescribed for depression that also has accompanying anxiety).
********************************************** http://www.ecstasy.org/info/leon.html
Concerning the acute toxicity, no level of exposure can be given at which severe effects occur. In animal experiments lethality is only observed after injection with very high doses of MDMA. However, severe reactions with a fatal outcome in humans have occurred after taking a normal dose. The event of severe acute reactions in humans therefore appears not to be dose-related and hence is unpredictable.
-------------------------------------
hope this helps, the information is out there its just a bitch to find
------------------
"ill never try an E" quote from me june1999(and i didn't untill about 40 pills later)

From what I've read somewhere (when I remember the reference, I'll post it), one can be classified as having OD'ed on ecstacy by basically slipping into unconciousness. And by not providing more ecstacy (referring to MDMA here) to the affected individual, SFI's (seriously fucked individuals) regain conciousness anywhere between 1 - 4 hours. But so I've read, although highly unlikely, for the SFI to slip into a coma, it is still possible.
I'm gonna go dig for that reference...
biggrin.gif

It's a really interesting article.
[This message has been edited by MachT (edited 25 April 2001).]

http://www.mninter.net/~publish/mdma.htm#14
read paragraphs 27-33
33. The estimated oral LD50 for MDMA in rats, as noted above, is 325 mg./kg., i.e., 325 mg. of MDMA per kilogram of weight of the rat. The effective oral human dose is 2 mg./kg. of weight. Thus there appears to be a comparatively large margin of safety in the use of MDMA in humans - the LD50 is 160 times the ED50 in humans.

I remember reading about a guy who took 1000mg of mdma. He experienced a mood lift and felt rushy.

From the Erowid:
---------------------------------------------
"The LD50's for mescaline, MDA and MDMA were determined by intravenous [15] or intraperitoneal [16] administration in five species of animals. MDMA had LD50's between 2 and 6 times less than those of mescaline and between 1.5 and 3 times more than MDA. This means that MDMA is more lethal than mescaline but less lethal than MDA.
29. Intraperitoneal LD50's for MDA and MDMA were determined in mice by Davis. The LD50's of MDMA and MDA were substantially the same with the LD50 for MDA equaling 90.0 mg./kg. and the LD50 for MDMA equaling 106.5 mg./kg. http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_law2.shtml
An excerpt from Pihkal # 100 states a rather unusual case of MDA overdose (I hope anyway):
" There was one case in 1953, involving MDA and a psychiatric patient named Howard Blauer that proved fatal. The army had contracted with several physicians at the New York State Psychiatric Institute to explore new chemicals from the Edgewood Arsenal and one of these, with a chemical warfare code number of EA-1298, was MDA. The last and lethal injection into Blauer was an intravenous dose of 500 milligrams. "
Pity the determined cause of death is not mentioned i.e. heart, renal, hepatic failure etc.
Whilst intravenuos administration would produce more toxic effects (and quickly), and with oral administration you would probably eliminate much before such levels were reached in the bloodstream, you could perhaps produce similar effects if you ate enough, after all 500mg is only 4 good E's. In guessing that 10 x the amount orally is enought to kill, then 40 good pills should do the trick. Any comments?
phase_dancer
[This message has been edited by phase_dancer (edited 29 April 2001).]

MDMA and MDA seem to be less toxic in primates than with rats.
"...At high doses MDMA caused a number of effects in the dog (5-50 mg/kg, i.v.) and monkey (10-75 mg/kg, i.v.) MDMA was, depending on species, two to almost six times as toxic. ...."
http://www.ecstasy.org/info/leon.html
Would this mean the above estimations would need to be re-evaluated? The guy that died could have been a rat (spy). The American military after all instigated the tests!?
phase_dancer

thanks for all the great responses everyone!
RobE.
Mental Note: don't take 40 pills in one night!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
Yeah nice one brov! :)

I was chatting to a girl I work with about MDMA caps, and she said not to talk about it coz it made her feel sick.
I asked her why, and she told me that one night her and her friends all had this wicked brown MDMA powder that was straight from Amsterdam. She said that they all *STUFFED* caps full of the shit and dumped them. (If you've ever seen an MDMA cap, you'll know that they'll only be 1/2 full at the most!)
She said that within 10-15 minutes, she was puking out of control, had no control of what she was saying, doing or thinking and the only thing she can really remember is that all her friends were "ODing" in the same toilet at the same time.
Needless to say, I cracked up when she told me this! Keep it real!!!
smile.gif

------------------
I think of my life as a series of sketches; each one funnier than the last

Mmmmmmm...... Mdma caps FULL of powder... got to get me some of them!!!!
wink.gif

Some people really have no idea of dosage do they.

Im pretty sure OD'ing on E by taking (lots) of tabs (like 60 or so) would lead to having a VERY VERY high temp(maby 43 or something), so high it causes you to fit etc etc, then die... Remember the 60 mintues show with the dude dieing. :O(
MOderation guys.

Im pretty sure OD'ing on E by taking (lots) of tabs (like 60 or so) would lead to having a VERY VERY high temp(maby 43 or something), so high it causes you to fit etc etc, then die... Remember the 60 mintues show with the dude dieing. :O(
MOderation guys.

For those that are double-dropping, multi-dropping, and generally having it large... please consider post-loading with 5-HTP if you can get it, or eating a few bananas after you're done partying (or both). Bananas contain 5-HT which will help your brain produce seratonin in a similar way that 5-HTP will, and they also contain lots of potassium and other nutrients your shattered body and brain will be screaming for. Might even help take away some of the comedown too.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

------------------
Load universe into cannon. Aim at brain. Shoot.

Id test whether that really was MDMA powder you had. I dont see why a dealer would give away about 5 points (a full cap) of MDMA powder for $50, when he could make 5 times that by breaking it into 5 caps. I have had a full cap before, and it was not MDMA (posted a warning at thescene.com.au. They still havent gotten rid of all of them, and are selling them as 0.5gr MDMA caps)
Just to compare, at Renaissance this year, I railed 4 points of white/light brown MDMA powder, each point spaced an hour or so apart. Achieved total seratonin release (or felt like it) at about 2.5 points. After that it was a waste. Even if u do have pure MDMA caps, Id recommend taking no more than half at a time, and even thats a massive dose. Oh, and rail them or plug them
smile.gif

Test them. It sounds like you had a good time, but Ive never heard of anyone selling pure MDMA caps that actually were pure MDMA, and I dont see why they would. Theyd be losing money when they could make a fortune.

Yep... thats along the lines (pun not intended) of what I found too.
Been through about 1.7 grams of MDMA powder this year (run out now) and I found that the optimal dose was (for me at least) 1 point as a warmup followed by another point an hour later. This seemed to have the best effects with the least side effects. Watch out for overdoing it - it really leaves your head scattered bad.
The funny thing is that after overdoing it one time on powder, I was still scattered a week later. In desperation, I took a point of MDMA, and it immediately cleared up and didnt come back. Strange. I practise moderation more these days, and havent taken MDMA for about 8 weeks to allow my brain recovery time from the powder days
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by Jakoz (edited 04 May 2001).]