• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids narcotics caused laziness

Iamchaos

Greenlighter
First time posting ,been reading almost consantly since I found this site (month or so) very infomative. Anyway and I apologize if this is the wrong place to post this but it seemed like it might be right so here goes. I suffer from cronic pain and have been taking one kind or another narcotic pain med for over a decade,currently on vicode 80mg or so a day. My question is how do I combat the laziness. I 've never been a lazy person allways doing something but I am finding it harder and harder to get off my ass. Does anyone know if there is something homeopathic (preferably) that I can use to combat this? Thanks.

I would ask your doctor what you could do. Of course im sure there are some members on BL who could have good advice for you. But this(meaning the OD forum) may not be the place to get the best answers, maybe it is...who knows.

Anyway I can tell your lazy, you say you have been reading this site and thought it was "very informative" yet it took a month for you to actually make a post. Nah im just kiddin around, alot of people just lurk around and read the site, in fact thats what most people do, theres allready so much information. I know I "lurked" for much longer than 1 month before I actually became a member. I actually used this site for info for around 4-5 years before I actually became a member. I have always had a hobby of learnng about psychoactive substances and the world that surrounds them, be it medical, recreational, etc....

Yeah I have read through about all the posts on jwh as I recently introduced to them and have found that they give a little modavation but not nearly enough to combat the years of using narcs have done to my system.:)

Get your doctor to switch you from Hydrocodone to Oxycodone. This should most assuredly switch you from a lazy opiate high to a productive one. At least it seems to for a LOT of people. Most speculate that this is due to Oxycodone being derived from Thebaine which is itself, mainly a stimulant. I personally know that I was always way more productive when taking Oxy than most any other opiate/opioid.

I would switch to oxycodone, however I find all opiates stimulalating, including morphine. What I mean by this is even though morphine is sedating, it kills my pain. Which makes me want to do stuff.

So if your taking it for pain, and cant function in pain. It should work, and maybe you just need to drink some coffee or excercise.

Thanks for the replies. I've tried both morphine and oxycodone in the past and the only thing i"ve found that contrls my pain to a managable level is the hydrocodone. I used to exersize on a daily basis, used to run 3 miles a day and it wouldn't be uncommon for me to do 20 mile rides on my mnt bike, but over the last few years I found it harder and harder to get the modivation for any thing. From what I understand long term use of narcotics affects your nervous system so I feel that it's more of a physiological then a psycological problem, anybody have any info on that? Am I totally of base? Thanks

Get your doctor to switch you from Hydrocodone to Oxycodone. This should most assuredly switch you from a lazy opiate high to a productive one. At least it seems to for a LOT of people. Most speculate that this is due to Oxycodone being derived from Thebaine which is itself, mainly a stimulant. I personally know that I was always way more productive when taking Oxy than most any other opiate/opioid.

Hydrocodone is also derived from Thebaine so I don't know about that theory..

I do agree that Hydrocodone is more sedating than Oxycodone but I don't think it has anything to do with it being derived from Thebaine.

It didn't say it WAS because it was derived from Thebaine, I said "Most speculate" it was due to that. Until we learn more about the neuroscience of it all, speculation is the best any of us can do. Also, while Hydrocodone can be derived from Thebaine, but it can also be derived from Codeine. So who knows... However, it's been my experience that the greater majority of users find Oxycodone more stimulating overall than most other opiates/opioids. Everyone reacts to substances differently though.
To the OP: If you've tried Oxycodone and didn't find much difference, or the pain issue was unacceptable, talk to your doctor(s). If you have some sort of legitimate medical conditions, and a doctor worth their salt, then they'll be willing to work with you on this issue. As I've said, everyone reacts differently to these things, so what may be right for you may not be right for someone else. There are a LARGE number of pain killing compounds out there, experiment until you find one that effectively removes your pain, and doesn't sedate you too badly. I hope things work out for the best.

i would say after and still usinga platheora of opiates that oxycodone at medium levels stood out for me to be much more simulating hgh and give energy but with you een chronic pain patient i would think the issue maybe ust a little bit more complex than just switching meds