Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Antibiotics??

Soopy

Bluelighter
I apologise if this has been covered somewhere else, but I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know of any problems with taking Meth or E while on antibiotics. Having read about the way that these drugs affect the body I can't think of any major problems, except for maybe an upset stomache. Look forward to some other opinions.

I've wondered this many times myself, and perhaps stupidly taken whatever anyway. I've never noticed anything different, some of my hardest rolls ever were on antibiotics. It might depend on which antibiotics... I've always been on Ceclor CD. Any other thoughts?

I've rolled on anti-biotics and felt no ill-effects. However they were relatively weak anti-biotics. I'd be interested to hear a definitive answer on this one.

The primary danger with antibiotics, especially the stronger varieties, is that they increase the load upon the liver. Mixing MDMA with such drugs places additional pressure upon the liver to metabolise the substances, and can inhibit such actions. If you are taking antibiotics due to a pre-existing infection, the chances are that your internal organs are already not in peak conditon, therefore loading more drugs on top does constitute a risk. I have not heard of any specific drug interactions, but all the same, mixing potent antibiotics with potent recreational drugs is probably asking for trouble. After all, who needs a dose of jaundice or liver failure? Perhaps recover first...
------------------
The woods are dark and deep, and you have miles to go before you sleep...
[This message has been edited by -Thoth (edited 02 May 2001).]

Toth is quite correct, you'd be best off giving say 8-12 hours for your last dose of antibiotics to metabolise. Before you roll.
Antibiotics attack bacteria, those kind of drugs lower your immune system badly, for a long period, that is why you can get sick after coming down etc. So they should be very helpful in ensuring you do not get sick. As long as you do not miss too many tablets you're meant to take.
eg. If you meant to take them with breakfast, lunch and dinner, so you should try and at least have it with a little something to eat when you have it the morning after. (while you're coming down. Otherwise the bacteria could have a chance to grow an immunity to the antibiotics (while your immune system is down), then you will have created a strain of this germ which cannot be killed by that kind of antibiotic.
You should also make sure you have enough antibiotics left for at least say another week or so from when you have your drugs for the same reason. IF you're still have symtpoms after you run out of antibiotics, you should maybe try & get some more from the doctor. And similary you should keep taking them until they're all gone, even if you don't think you need them anymore.