Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Mixing and Matching substances...

Unk-e Benny

Bluelighter
OK,
Another serious question started in previous threads... Im curious, particulary for the science guru's out there which are dangerous substances to mix and why.
I tend to prefer to choose my indulgence and stick with it for a night, and not mix and find that it seems to keep me in the straight and narrow.
In another thread, a very good explanation was given about the increased danger of neurotixicity in mixing speed and E...
What about mixing E and other substances (ie: candy flipping[LSD], popping (amyl), etc).. Is anyone aware of what these do to the brain and what possible harm they could cause?
Apologies if this was covered ages ago, I hunted through and couldnt find a similar thread, so here's a new one..
Thanks guys!
smile.gif

well if you can feel like shite for more then 1 day after dont do it. especially candy flipping i sorta want to know what where and when i have done something the night before
stick to things you know instead of getting to fucked
but still have a shitload of fun finding out what you know

I'm really bad when it comes to mixing drugs.
Im a firm believer in the 'Go hard or go home' philosophy in pretty much everything I do so its only fitting that it carry over into my indulgence in illegal substances.
Perhaps the biggest combo ive had would be Speed, pills, alcohol, cones, nitrous, coke, amyl and K. But, having said that, I wont mix GHB with anything after seeing a couple of friends looking like they were going to die after mixing it with various things.
When it comes to mixing drugs and you're unsure, try and use common sense and get to know your limits. All drugs cause harm of some kind, its just a matter of choosing how much harm you want to risk to have a good night.
------------------
Is Don, Is Good

Cool... Thanks guys...
I'd be keen to swerve the focus on this thread... Is there anyone who knows medically how some of the main recreational drugs would interact with each other? Or anyone had serious adverse effects from mixing something with E? Im looking at things from a safety angle rather than a 'personal experience' one I guess... But still all input welcomed!
smile.gif

Thanks
smile.gif

dunno about it being damaging to your brain specifically but erowid says
WARNING: Our understanding of the literature is that there is no such thing as safe use of volatile solvents, aerosols and other street
inhalants : their psychoactive effects are inseparable from nerve and organ damage. We have chosen to include these information on
inhalant in order to help document the real world use of inhalants, but their inclusion is not intended to imply that they are anything
but dangerous.

Most habitual recreational pleasures cause a release of dopamine which as said previously with regards to Speed and E, is a potential danger (when rolling) to increasing serotonin neuron damage.
Alcohol also increases potential neuron damage when consumed with E, as it too causes a release of dopamine, and as well increases dehydration.
If you have to poly, cannabis is probably the safest for not overly increasing the toxicty of MDMA, although it too causes some dopamine release, so theroetically it could.
Such increases are however small compared to speed and other such stimulants.
Coke can cause waves of anxiety, and usually reduces the emphatic effects of MDMA suddenly, often leaving you feeling like you've had an instant comedown... frustrated and flat. It too causes dopamine release, but it's main mode of action is upon nor-epinephrine, the adrenal system. The large rush of NE would undoubtabely account for these effects with E.
LSD is a big question. I am not aware of any research done on harmful effects candyflipping.
Benzo's such as valium should definitely be avoided when you're rolling. They might be good for getting off to sleep once you've come down, but not when you're peaking. People often take these in attempt to reduce anxiety from a hard peak as with a strong dose of MDMA.
Dopamine is the unwanted neurotransmitter with MDMA. That is if you want to preserve those precious serotonin neurons.
Regarding the "toughness" of different neuron types, those that communicate via dopamine are regarded as "resilient" where as those that use serotonin are regarded as "fragile".
phase_dancer

mixing substances is unpredictable and therefore more dangerous. this is not to say that you cant have more fun mixing.
some mixing is undesireable, like coke and speed will take away some of the 'lovey' feelings you get with e.
im a big fan of MDMA+MDA, so if anyone knows of any MDA pills going around, can you let me know.
8)

mixing substances is unpredictable and therefore more dangerous. this is not to say that you cant have more fun mixing.
some mixing is undesireable, like coke and speed will take away some of the 'lovey' feelings you get with e.
im a big fan of MDMA+MDA, so if anyone knows of any MDA pills going around, can you let me know.
8)

one thing about doing charlie and e together.
don't. if you have your e too close after the charlie, the coke will spoil the onset of the e, and you won't feel it fully until all the coke wears off. only just found that out on the weekend.

NEVER EVER mix any phets when robotripping (dxm) it can be fatal even days after it can fuck u up something cruel.. have had some mates that have felt reallll bad after consuming dxm one night then dropping the next night and no it wasn't just a bad comedown.
the only thing u could prolly mix with it is weed
and wat is the point of mixing speed with a really good pill. wouldn't it be more enjoyable just waiting until the pill wares off just a tiny bit
then having a few lines
*shrugs*
peace out
smile.gif

For actual medically inclined/backed up info you're best off checking out that Dangerous combos FAQ. And maybe do a search of Erowid etc on 'contraindictions'.