• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Fashion Designers, Seasons, Trends, Models, & YOU.

hehe, clever voldemort design. good chance whoever is selling it is gonna get a letter from vuitton lawyers, they always try and sue people for copying their logo http://nymag.com/daily/fashion/2012/03/vuitton-threatens-to-sue-over-parodic-logo.html

love the deng's, ataui and ajak. crazy life, from refugee to supermodel.
ajakdeng1.jpg

* man, that stance is so fierce!

God this is the hater in me but I CANNOT stand fashion where the shoes are clearly AWFUL for the women to wear simply to make them look slimmer or feet look 'sexier' somehow. I mean TERRIBLE feeling. We've all felt that 'oh shit I might die if I wear these heels for another minute.' I imagine that for these women making their lives down the runway. That sucks. :\ Am I the only one?

tho i personally haven't felt the 'oh shit I might die if I wear these heels for another minute.' i do feel for models in that case, watching youtube vids of models falling, sure sometimes they trip, happens to us all, but other times u have shoes that fall apart, were rushed to be completed for a show and not stable, runway slippery, or just like u said the shoes are painful to wear. i won't mention the designer cause he is a hack not worth naming "Jourdan Dunn tweeted, "*****'s] shoes are sexy as fuck but you can't walk in them!" And Leomie Anderson wrote that ***** "cussed out" his fit model, asking her why she couldn't walk in the heels either.

* was just thinking about the ridiculous "challenges" on ANTM which im sure they made them do just because it would make for some nasty falls... i recall walking in a bubble over a pool, and this was just wrong, roller skates, yup peddling products on skates this is the one show where i really have to look a way at times *cringe

Last edited:
i had been looking for those scans this morning, thanks joe! i really love the shot with the valentino dress and the agent p sunglasses. what a great outfit!

coffee?

tumblr_m1x6p2QvzZ1qdovbqo1_500.jpg

the more i stare at it the happier it makes me, what a sunny sunny smile

tumblr_m1tdqjFNho1qdovbqo1_500.jpg

wearing the same valentino kstew is wearing on the other page

tumblr_m1iko8X3lt1qdovbqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lzb307tkuV1qdovbqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m1pez8moUY1qdovbqo1_500.jpg

^^ look at her little belly. omg <3

hehe @ the belly. instantly i recall a scene from pulp fiction:
Fabienne: ... But on a woman, a pot belly is very sexy. The rest of you is normal. Normal face, normal legs, normal hips, normal ass, but with a big, perfectly round pot belly. If I had one, I'd wear a tee-shirt two sizes too small to accentuate it.

Butch: You think guys would find that attractive?

Fabienne: I don't give a damn what men find attractive. It's unfortunate what we find pleasing to the touch and pleasing to the eye is seldom the same.

o0o this is good http://whatscontemporary.com/michelelamy/

Last edited:
this is my favorite ready-to-wear spring 2012 dress yet. i showed my buddy last night who is into design and makes his money doing screen printing and pressing; he said it looks ridiculous with such a high neck line on such a young model. he just wants to criticize anything that comes from the man. i think it looks perfect on her. looks good on kstew too. doesn't look great on the model who walked it--at least not in the pic i found.

the kiko picture must be from something published? no word combo i type into google will turn it up. entering the pic in google image search yields strange results.

Last edited:
Condé Nast International, which is responsible for all 19 international editions of Vogue, released a statement this morning that's potentially pretty ground-breaking: from the June issues forward, no edition of Vogue will work with any model under the age of 16. This won't mean much of a change in the pages of American Vogue, which tends to work with slightly older, more established models, but for Vogue Paris, Vogue Japan, and particularly, Vogue Italia — regarded as prestigious launching pads for new face models, some of whom are as young as 13 or 14 — it is kind of a game-changer.

go vogue, go vogue <3

their 6 point statement

1. We will not knowingly work with models under the age of 16 or who appear to have an eating disorder. We will work with models who, in our view, are healthy and help to promote a healthy body image.

2. We will ask agents not to knowingly send us underage girls and casting directors to check IDs when casting shoots, shows and campaigns.

3. We will help to structure mentoring programs where more mature models are able to give advice and guidance to younger girls, and we will help to raise industry-wide awareness through education, as has been integral to the Council of Fashion Designers of America Health Initiative.

4. We will encourage producers to create healthy backstage working conditions, including healthy food options and a respect for privacy. We will encourage casting agents not to keep models unreasonably late.

5. We encourage designers to consider the consequences of unrealistically small sample sizes of their clothing, which limits the range of women who can be photographed in their clothes, and encourages the use of extremely thin models.

6. We will be ambassadors for the message of healthy body image.

psh, more heroin chic 15-year-olds. actually, i spent or wasted most of my day reading arguments concerning the ethics of using young models in portrait photography. it's totally wrong. but fashion photography is completely different...
katiushavolt.jpg

i got a photographer, ren rox, who has worked with katiusha to message back and forth with me a bit. not about photographing underage models. about who makes this yellow dress...
katiusharox.jpg

unfortunately it is vintage. but she taught me what tear sheets are.

holy smokes! kiko is an actress too...
tumblr_lvcbq2N8XT1qh5mhfo1_500.gif

i haven't seen the movie, but awesome gif

Last edited:
^ hmm, in the naive pic, im having trouble figuring out what's that on her back ? its a purse and she is holding the purse strap in front of her ?

yah, when kenickie posted kiko pics on the previous page, never hearing of her before, i searched and saw she also acts. thought of checking out the film "Norwegian Wood" haven't gotten around to it tho, one day perhaps.

good to hear that vogue is taking steps to promote a healthy body image.

Last edited:
^ hmm, in the naive pic, im having trouble figuring out what's that on her back ? its a purse and she is holding the purse strap in front of her ?
not 100% sure there isn't some humor here i am missing, but that's a backpack, joe. kids and foreigners wear 'em.

^ lmao my bad. i was just really faded last night. i kept noddin out staring at that pic like what is that ? :sus:

suspected it had to do with something like "faded."

Self Service released a few cool photos that didn't make the pages of #36...

caraselfserviceunpub.jpg

photographed by alasdair mclellan. styling by suzanne koller.
cara wears black dress, nicolas andreas taralis.

elleVenetiaselfserviceunpub.jpg

photographed by venetia scott. styling by beth fenton.
elle wears cotton t-shirt, isabel marant. cotton shorts, nike.

one of my favorites that did make it...
cararalph.jpg

top & skirt, ralph lauren

Last edited: