Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sniffer dogs

Chaos Butterfly

Bluelight Crew
'k... what i want to know is, what is the deal with the dogs... i personally have never had an encounter with them so i'm not sure what to expect... what can they detect and generally how much would they be able to detect of a specific substance... ie... E...?

they can smell pot by very easily.
they even have sniffer dogs at train stations now in sydney....... fark!!!

The e-sniffer dogs cost a lot of money to train, I don't think they'd waste it snooping around stanky train stations.

I don't know a lot about training sniffer dogs, but from what I've been told their method of detection is to find out-of-the ordinary smells rather than search out drug smells in particular. In an airport situation, out of the ordinary smells usually constitute banned substances because an airport is a pretty controlled environment, certainly moreso than a train station or busy street, hence the effectiveness of dogs.
Now, I don't think sniffer dogs would be very effective in the street or train station scenario, simply because there's so many more smells floating about than you would find in an airport. They would probably get confused, and not be so effective at singling out drug smells over all the other "unusual" smells.

thanks for the info luko... so what then is the deal with allthe dogs that are turning up at major events like happy valley, and are there going to be dogs at utopia? *paranoid look* heh heh heh
------------------

thanks for the info luko... but what about the dogs that are around at the major events like happy valley... and are there going to be dogs at utopia... grrr...
------------------
Drugs are not the answer... Drugs? is the question... Yes is the answer.

well i heard on jjj that there were sniffer dogs on the streets in byron bay ... busting ppl with weed ...
im not sure about e's and stuff tho ... but if ur carrying that stuff then make sure u dont do any dutchees before hand ... :p
------------------
I doubt, therefore I might be.

yeah i heard aboot byron as well... but i don't think it will be too much a problem around here... hopefully... but i will take the advice of not smoking up before hand... nost likely during and after... but not before... heh...
------------------

confusered, there will be sniffer dogs at utopia. You can count on it.
Expect a pep talk from the local contablery
also (thats always a laugh)...and the usual door search shit.
other than that RELAX.
------------------
*I've tried most drugs but, Ecstasy would have to rate as being the sweetest of them all*

... and remember what they say in all good horror movies - they can smell fear...
wink.gif

Different breeds are better at smelling different things. Beagles for example can only smell food and are completely incapable of being used to smell for Dope or chems. German Shepards are best at smelling ppl but can also be used be to smell for drugs but aren't that great at it. Labradors are the best at sniffing out those illegal drugs that ppl (Not BL's of course) try to smuggle. Dope is the easiest to smell with cocaine and herion being the next easiest. Sniffing for MDMA is very difficult as its almost completely odourless (Most e's found are usually bad pills that have othe chems in them). But remeber its not impossible so I would never advice any try to smuggle drugs.
------------------
Vote for the Party, Party, Party at the next election

Funny story...
A few years back a friend was coming home from a holiday in Thailand.
Being a sort that doesn't mind a smoke, she indulged in a little hash why she was over there.
Upon her return she was of course stopped by customs, as just about every other young traveller does on their way back from there.
The officers asked her all sorts of questions, and then proceeded to get the dogs onto her and her belongings.
The dog was quite sure there was something on her, and she of course was quite sure there wasn't.
Well the questions went on for a while, and the bags were searched, but nothing was found, so she was free to go home.
Well, once home she decided she needed a shower after the long flight, and the hassles at the airport.
And what did she find in her pant pocket (the one the dog keep hanging around?) - a small block of hash.
It seems she was so genuinely positive she didn't have anything on her that the officers were convinced.
Maybe the old-timers were right, they could pick a trafficer way before all these high-tech tools were invented, just by their mannerisms (and the beads of sweat!)

At love nation on NYE, there was a sniffer dog walking around the chillout area. It stopped at a group of guys, sniffed a bit then put its paw on one of the guys leg.
The guy was then taken away and searched.
Apparently he had 16 pills on him and had to goto court.
Not sure if he had been smoking pot before hand tho,
Hope that helps.

At love nation on NYE, there was a sniffer dog walking around the chillout area. It stopped at a group of guys, sniffed a bit then put its paw on one of the guys leg.
The guy was then taken away and searched.
Apparently he had 16 pills on him and had to goto court.
Not sure if he had been smoking pot before hand tho,
Hope that helps.

thanks for all the info and help guys... as this is my first utopia i wasn't quite sure what to expect... but it will hopefully be all cool... fun for all and all...
------------------

Yes dogs can sniff out E. A good mate of mine spent a week with me in Sydney before heading OS. In Frankfurt he was wearing the same skanky jeans he'd been out clubbing with. A sniffer dog bit him on the ass! He was strip searched but was carrying nothing. He explained the story to German customs officials and they let him through.
Tip: latex is difficult/impossible for dogs to smell through. Not that I condone drugs of any kind ("drugs are bad, mmkay?") but a condom could be your best friend at Utopia for more than one reason!!!
------------------
"You drive," he said. "I think there's something wrong with me." - Hunter S. Thompson, "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas"

:\
well be safe ppl ... :p
have all ur drugs in u and u wont have a problem ... :p
good luck anyway ... heh ... :p~
------------------
I doubt, therefore I might be.

Starylight i hope your not implying to stick the condom full of pills and plug it..
If your that worried about it eat them before you go in..
utop is starting at 10:00 so you should be right.. ( starts at 10.. by the time you get in arghh maybe 11:30 )
Dont defile yourself just for the sake of sneaking in a few pills..
its totaly unnecessary
Personally ill be sneaking my few down the front of my undies..
As long as you dont try sneaking in pot you should be right.

I got sniffered by a labrador in Melbourne Airport after flying back from Spain. It came up to me wagging it's tail and nuzzled my hand so I gave it a pat, it was very cute. I had no drugs on me and I hadn't touched drugs while away.
But they said after running some machine over my suitcase they had detected cannabis. I have no idea where it would've come from. There is dope smoked in my house and maybe in the proximity of this bag. These machines are supposed to be ultra sensitive.
Turns out I had an empty little ziplock baggy in the pocket of a shirt that had had pills in it from a few months before (i'd forgotten all about it)! It had little dalmations all over it. The customs dude started asking some hairy questions after they found it!
How often do you take drugs?
Do you take cocaine? etc etc
I admitted there were pills in it but when they asked where I got them I said some guy at a rave, couldn't remember who. Anyway they let me go!
The suitcase (and the shirt inside it) were not with me when i was sniffed.
So my point finally is that these dogs can either detect the tiniest hint of drugs or they can get it wrong.
Maybe it was just being friendly!
[This message has been edited by Antsey (edited 05 May 2001).]

thanks for continuing my first bluelight thread past like 1 or 2 posts... and thanks for all the info and help... see you there...
------------------