• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids How to define an what constitutes and opiate high

Status
Not open for further replies.

What was it?

Bluelighter
I've seen so many threads on BL discussing tolerance, what gets people 'high' and so forth. I find there needs to be some form of definition as to what constitutes a proper opioid high. to me it is when I am unable to walk to the shopping mall or get take away food, or when I can't walk too well as my breathing is strongly slowed. So when I read how people write 15mgs of Oxy got them high I just wonder what their definition of high is???

Here are my stats and I was hoping others could add for comparison:

Mid 20s, 35mg Oxy rectal or 40mg oral gets me quite high. Use once or twice a week, for about 6 months.

To nod out I need H and have never tried nodding out via high doses of OC.

Also, has anybody ODed on a dose of 50mg Oxycodone or less?

i think what makes an opiate high is when someone takes an opiate and feels high off it. it depends on amount and tolerance i think? it's not that hard

from wiki:
NSFW:
250px-Short-term_effects_of_heroin.png

250px-Long-term_effects_of_heroin.png

Basically when I'm itching a lot, my state of mind is elevated and I'm generally bitchy(I think it's more I expect everything to be perfect and when something does anything alternative I let them know) is when I'm high on opiates

As I generally IV my opiates, I'd say when I get a certain *warm* feeling that spreads throughout my body, starting with my heart if I'm lucky, sometimes itchy although that's not required cause it depends on what opiates I'm using. I never ever nod off of just opiates, only if I throw enough benzos in the mix do I nod. :( bummer cause I likes to nod

Another sign of a true opiate high for me, is I'm a puker. I know, its gross but I throw up a lot when I am high, even when I had a solid H habit, or my 1 yr binge shooting 4 to 5 30 mg roxicodone at a time, upwards of 20 to 30 a day, I still threw up lol

My breathing doesn't slow or anything like that either. cheers!

There's a difference between 'high' and 'obliterated' for me. High = enhanced; obliterated = non-functional/unpleasantly fucked.

A proper opiate high consists of:

Mental/Emotional: Euphoria, enhanced creativity, unbridled optimism, decreased anxiety, slowed thinking, mild closed-eye visuals, vivid dreams/daydreams, loving everything.

Physical: Sensations of inner warmth, slowed breathing, impaired coordination (mild), stomach discomfort/constipation, slowed movements, reduced appetite, craving for sweets, mild pupil constriction.

I'll be the first to admit I'm a serious lightweight despite years of use. Hydrocodone is my god. Any more than 2 10 mg. pills results in dizziness, nausea and other unpleasantness, so I stick to lower doses.

Well first off I never had a problem getting a nod on OC.

A perfect high for me is being able to sit there and go into a nod if I want, while still being able to go out and function if i have to as well.

you could be able to nod on oc.....im sure some one has OD'd on 50mg or less of oxy before........but they had not been doing 40mg, twice a week for 6 months....

point being, you could probably double your dose somewhat safely by now.....just go slow....maybe 10mg chunks, or bumps, or whatever suits your fancy at that moment.......

how much heroin do you use to nod? what ROA?

edit....id also like to say that any level of euphoria from and opiate or opiod could be considered a 'high'.......its all relative, this is another question where we say that we cant really answer this for you...but i think what i said is a good balance....cause there is always two extremes.....kinda high.... extremely high and nodding balls.....

I feel high when I take it and I get this sense of everything being absolutely ok and wonderful but IRL it really, really isn't. At all.

i think what makes an opiate high is when someone takes an opiate and feels high off it. it depends on amount and tolerance i think? it's not that hard

from wiki:
NSFW:
250px-Short-term_effects_of_heroin.png

250px-Long-term_effects_of_heroin.png

This is bullshit. The short terms effects are basically accurate. But the long term effects listed are not applicable for a lot of people. Collapsed veins, abscesses, internal infections, pneumonia? Give me break. These are issues that arise from above all else, IV use compounded with poor
techniques, bad lifestyle choices, overuse, and above all else, irresponibility.

And just to take my counterpoint a little further, even an all day-every day chaser/intranasal user would be very unlikely to develop any of these issues if they are living a healthy enough lifestyle, are responsible, and practice safe techniques. Maybe some kind of Pulmonary issues way down the road, but that would be dependant on numerous factors other than simply "Long-term Heroin use."

what mjsella said. i agree with what you said ^ about the long term effects, to an extent. like you said that's more on a case by case basis.

You can find the physiological indicators in any post or textbook.

In my experience:

Stage I: Hand generally moves to crotch area. I start scratching my balls, life is sorta okay! If necessary, I will converse.
Stage II (really high): Attention span departs. My chin somehow becomes magnetically attracted to my chest, my eyes are now one pound weights, and I really wouldn't give a shit if a couple ICBMs were headed directly to my house. Problems? what problems!?

Thats how it usually works for me and most of my friends.

There's a difference between 'high' and 'obliterated' for me. High = enhanced; obliterated = non-functional/unpleasantly fucked.

A proper opiate high consists of:

Mental/Emotional: Euphoria, enhanced creativity, unbridled optimism, decreased anxiety, slowed thinking, mild closed-eye visuals, vivid dreams/daydreams, loving everything.

Physical: Sensations of inner warmth, slowed breathing, impaired coordination (mild), stomach discomfort/constipation, slowed movements, reduced appetite, craving for sweets, mild pupil constriction.

I'll be the first to admit I'm a serious lightweight despite years of use. Hydrocodone is my god. Any more than 2 10 mg. pills results in dizziness, nausea and other unpleasantness, so I stick to lower doses.

Very well said.
Although, I hallucinate a lot if I get to the point of being obliterated.

Though, right now on Fentanyl... I have a hard time with knowing how 'high' I am. It's very hard to understand how much more I could possibly use without OD'ing.

I really don't see any harm reduction value in this, its more social than what is typically posted in here.

Everyone has a different effect they desire to achieve by using substances. The OP's is taking doses where he's just shy of stopping his breathing apparently and other people just prefer to get a little energy and not even get itchy.

People around here generally differentiate whether they were nodding or not and I think that's a pretty understandable distinction. Since most of the posts in this threads haven't even attempted to discuss a cohesive definition of what an opiate high is, I'm going to close this. Feel free to PM me if you want to discuss this decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.