• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Pittsburgh Cops Accused Of Faking Drug Details In Bad Arrest

spini4

Bluelighter
Two Pittsburgh police officers are accused of wrongly arresting two men and falsifying information about a cocaine deal earlier this year on the North Side.

Channel 4 Action News' Marcie Cipriani reported that Anthony Scarpine and Kenneth Simon made the arrest in July at a Stayton Street car wash.

On Friday, the District Attorney's Office said the officers had reported that a hand-to-hand drug deal led to the arrest, but an investigation found that no drug transaction was seen before the arrest and surveillance video does not support the officers' story.

"Ken and Tony will prove they're innocent. They will. They have all the evidence. Everything is documented," said Simon's fiancee, who asked not to be identified.

According to the criminal complaint, the car wash surveillance video shows one of the arrested men arriving shortly before 8 p.m., attending to his car, then going to the change machine, and the other man can be seen pulling into a wash bay about 25 minutes later and going to the change machine.

The criminal complaint says that the two men arrested by Scarpine and Simon never made contact, and it claims that the two officers stole cash from the men they arrested.

"These accusations are false. I can stand by Ken and Tony to say that they're upstanding, honest police officers," Simon's fiancee told Cipriani.

Court records show that drug charges against both people who were arrested have been dropped.

Simon, 49, was arraigned Friday morning on charges of official oppression, unsworn falsification, obstructing administration of law, perjury and false swearing, conspiracy and theft. He was released on his own recognizance, pending a hearing on Nov. 18.

"He's a good police officer. He's an honest guy," his fiancee said.

continued at http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/40155994

^^^
you know he wont be. If it looks like hes gonna lose his lawyer will cop him to a sweet plea deal he will lose his job and do probation. I am glad that he was charged this shit happens all the time and usually goes unpunished.

I'm glad there was video evidence in this case. If there wasn't, there would be innocent people languishing in the penal system because of these scumbag cops

I really cannot stand how cop apologists and defenders always try to justify police bullshit by claiming cops who do this type of thing are isolated incidents or bad eggs. Power corrupts, and for every cop who gets caught being dirty there's probably at least 10 more who get away with it. There needs to be something in place where police need more evidence than just a cops word, because when it comes down to it in court you're fighting an uphill battle, even if you didn't commit said crime

This happens ALLL the time. Every day, in every city, multiple times. Period. Anyone heavily involved with buying drugs in the "hood" will tell you that this is commonplace. I hope these cops get locked up, having this kind of power and then abusing it like this should be a HUGE felony. Too bad they will get off easy.

cops dont get paid shit. Ive known a few undercovers, and DEAs and they actually embezzled a lot of money and did some not legal shit (involving drugs) to make ends meet.

its unfortunate but true. I hope they get sentenced, but nothing too extreme. people deserve second chances, and we still dont know all of the information yet, they trial has yet to begin. all we have is a stupid news article, no pointing fingers yet.

^^ cops can rot in hell, I don't care what their financial situation is, any cop who embezzles, uses drug money, or sets people up deserves no mercy. The whole idea that they punish and imprison people for consuming a substance is sick enough, but to profit and benefit off the same substance they ruin people's lives over? It's sickening

I'm just glad they finally got caught, too many cops get away with ruining peoples lives by lying and breaking the law on a daily basis. I'd rather see them rot in a cell than a user, or addict, or even a dealer or supplier, as these people don't pride themselves on ruining lives over a chemical people choose of their own volition to ingest

Simon, 49, was arraigned Friday morning on charges of official oppression, unsworn falsification, obstructing administration of law, perjury and false swearing, conspiracy and theft. He was released on his own recognizance, pending a hearing on Nov. 18.

Simon, 49, was arraigned Friday morning on multiple charges. He was released on his own after telling the judge "come on judge, you know I'm good for it"

cops dont get paid shit. Ive known a few undercovers, and DEAs and they actually embezzled a lot of money and did some not legal shit (involving drugs) to make ends meet.

its unfortunate but true. I hope they get sentenced, but nothing too extreme. people deserve second chances, and we still dont know all of the information yet, they trial has yet to begin. all we have is a stupid news article, no pointing fingers yet.

How do you know if this is the first time these two cops did this? I have no respesct for police and i never will. They beat the living shit out of my brother for going 10 miles over the speed limit. And do you wanna know what the sickest part is? THEY GOT AWAY WITH IT AND MY BROTHER ECIEVED NO COMPENSATION FOR HIS MENTAL, PHYSICAL, AND FINANCIAL LOSSES!!! These sick fucking excuses for lawmen deserve to rot in prison.

the following link is to a web site that combs public record (and not so public records) for law enforcement mayhem, unprovoked violence, theft and other crimes ::http://www.injusticeeverywhere.com/

of the three cops that i have been on daily speaking terms with, two were convicted of crimes against persons and property and one is a man above the cut.

perhaps it's luck of the draw but only 2x have i been walloped by a night stick and once tossed on a car hood with a detective's muzzle pressed to the back of my head.

many other times i was issued warnings rather than a summons for traffic infractions .

LE is a tough job and as the old saw goes ''somebody has to do it''.
rotating shifts, encounters with the scum of the earth and ppl who should be housed and treated in mental joints.
cops see and deal with violent shit that would have me quaking .

my teeny tiny town has gone through 3 police chiefs in 5 years. this fishing village doesn't like cops that fuck about with townsmen and women .