Votes: 52 9.1%
  • Miami

Votes: 23 4.0%
  • New Orleans

Votes: 16 2.8%
  • Other: tell us

Votes: 159 27.9%

• Total voters
^^^ was it good tar though that they tried? Did they not like the heavier nod and preferred to be more awake? From what I'm getting from basically everyone whose done both quality tar and quality powder is that tar=stronger nod and lasts longer, powder=stronger rush and easier on the veins. I guess its whatever your preference is.

yea for me its allll about the rush. thats the only reason i do dope. ah we have found the missing liink in the tar vs powder debate lol

There is poor white ppl that live in the hood here too especially paterson. I was one of them :| cops dont care tho

atlantic city dope is weak. if youd of had some newark or p town fire you would not in no way be sayin ohio beats it.

How can cops fuck with you then if you live in the hood?

For the second time in this past week, I have talked to someone from the east coast/new jersey area who moved out here to the west coast, who after doing some bomb tar, can attest that they would much prefer good tar over good powder. Sure, the powder out east is a lot more available and consistent from what you guys on here say, but after doing some quality tar I'm sure most people with experience with both kinds of H, would agree tar is stronger and more sedating. Anyways, I'm not trying to start a debate or argument over what kind of dope is stronger, just relaying what I keep hearing from east coasters who move out west and shoot some fire tar.

We have a steady supply of both tar and powder here and I prefer powder because it seems to be more of an uplifting high. I do not bang though so I may not be that good of a judge. However tar is cheaper and u can buy almost twice as much

tar > powder

all day end day.

I have tried many different types of dopes from many ends of the Eastern Seaboard and my conclusion on the tar powder debate is that it is easier to get crappy tar, but once you find quality tar it is almost always better than powder.

^^^ why do you say this? I'm not disagreeing in any way, I'm just curious. Do you find that tar is stronger in all aspects or is just more sedating? Living in California, 99% of the stuff I get is tar, but I remember for awhile we were getting balloons of this light tan powder which I assumed was real mexican brown (the stuff did not clump up and turn into tar when blown on), and while it was good, I found that good tar always got me more fucked up as in heavier nods. Someone told me it is due to the MAM in tar which makes it more sedating. I agree that it is easier to get shitty tar over shitty powder, but from what I keep hearing from people who have lived on both coasts is that they prefer good tar over good powder. Also do you find that tar holds you longer, as in you can go longer in between shots without being sick with a tar habit over a powder habit?

How can cops fuck with you then if you live in the hood?

I moved to a different county. My drivers license dont say it no more, they dont give a fuck that I am from there. Truth is i spend way more time there chillin with my girls, gettin hair/nails done, goin out on the weekend, etc than I ever spend doin anything I aint suppose to be doin. They aint tryna hear it. One of my best homegirls lives on a dope flooded block in the main dope coppin area of the city and I wont even fuck around nowhere near there other than to see her and chill just becuz of that. I could always say I am visitin my girl XXXXX at ### XXXX ave and I can chirp her and have her say it on speaker phone that me and her was just chillen and they will still pull me out the car. U white, it dont mater, u never right over there as far as the boys is concerned.

Also,

hendrix haze, "mexican brown" aint good powder. I dont think u have been able to compare the best tar available out there to the best powder out here. Maybe if you did you still would not change your mind, u got the preference and thats cool do ur thing, but just sayin, it aint fair to judge tar vs powder by comparing fire tar to not fire powder. We dont even be gettin mexican shit out here, and it is usually always barely off white or light gray in color, only the shitty bags we get got a brown or tan tint to them, jus in case u werent aware of that.

Also axl, didnt u say that when u tried dope in jerz, it was from atlantic city? IME and i think some others who have tried the D up and down the state of NJ, would agree with me, in AC their dope is weak and only about half as good as the shit u get up in north jerz.

U offered the opinions of heads u kno, so I will also do the same jus to point out that its all relative and depends on the type of feelin u prefer:

One of my closest friends is a cali native who moved to oregon and he has had all kinds of tar, fire shit as well i mean it aint like he was a out of towner he knows where the good shit be at. Every time he come to the east coast to visit he head straight for a couple bags of jersey fire. he always bitchin about "shitty tar, yall got it so good out there u lucky as hell u bastards" etc.

another one of my friends went out west to visit some of his boys in denver and they got shit that was supposedly fire tar but he was like I brought along some of my own dope and they was all on my dick tryin to get a bag becuz they wanted the good shit, they had put aside some tar for me and i was lucky that i had brought my own becuz i went thru the tar so quick it was stupid.

A long time poster on here blahblahblah now bagochina also had a similar story, he is from chicago so hes tried both on the regular and said he couldnt wait to get back home to that good powder cuz the tar was not worth his time.

i really feel like it is just a personal preference cuz there is a equal amount of ppl that seem to be on both sides who have tried both. I dont think its just a matter of wat u used to, since my one boy is used to tar but waaay prefer powder. Statistically, powder heroin on the east coast is stronger purity wise if u check the stats released by dea, police agencies, etc, that analyzed and tested random samples OFF THE STREET, NOT wholesale.

You might want to say this is bullshit and i can understand how a person might not want to believe this, but ask the poster PureLife on here. He OD'd a while back on ONE bag of some Newark dope. He is a long time IV heroin user just like i am and many other of us, who shoot 4, 5, 6, 8 bags at once, and he straight dropped off one bag.

The local task force lab unit got called to the scene becuz it was unusual for someone to OD on such a little amount, and they tested the 3 left over bags found at the scene. he sent me the lab print out word for word and the purity came back as 97% heroin and 3% quinine.NOW, this dont make no sense for a dealer to do obviously, and u dont just get shit like that every day, but MAD peoplee od'd off them still rollins before the bootleg batch came out that was shit. I doubt every bag of this stamp was that pure, but still none the less there was bags of 97 percent heroin floatin around the streets of newark. Ask him about it he will tell u.

as far as that goes, it aint common to have shit in the 90%s obviously but, it also aint a complete freak anomaly, it happens more than u might think which IMO is stupid for a dealer to be fuckin with shit that high when they could still cut it MUCH more and get more money but thats off topic. My point is that still It been confirmed many times in the past few years that purity in jersey, newark especially, is extremely high and in many of the past years it been classified as the highest average in the nation. Once again this was based on seized samples of packaged, bricked up, street level retail dope, not shipments that was intercepted as they got into the port, etc. this is cut shit ready to hit the streets, or shit that was already on the streets and got confiscated by the po po when they made arrests, that is the standard the data was based on for all over the country whether it was tar or powder.

Of course Shit changes year to year, and i aint tryin to make this a dick size contest of wat state got the best dope. it aint like i can take responsibility for it, it aint got nothing to do with me personally, im just sayin the things I have read with my own eyes, not just street rumors and jersey pride. Of course , its also tru that u can have a bangin connect in fuckin nowhere land alabama that gets you better shit than a crappy connect in jerz, no doubt, so theres obviously exceptions. but i still believe from talkin to ppl i known who done both, and doin lots of reasearch over the years that while the high and nod might be better in your opinion due to alot of shit, that the general purity here is highere and to me thats wat im concerned with.

Sorry for the long ass post i jus wanted to lay down some info about this to represent both sides of the tar vs powder debate more in depth. We can both learn from each other.:)

I moved to a different county. My drivers license dont say it no more, they dont give a fuck that I am from there. Truth is i spend way more time there chillin with my girls, gettin hair/nails done, goin out on the weekend, etc than I ever spend doin anything I aint suppose to be doin. They aint tryna hear it. One of my best homegirls lives on a dope flooded block in the main dope coppin area of the city and I wont even fuck around nowhere near there other than to see her and chill just becuz of that. I could always say I am visitin my girl XXXXX at ### XXXX ave and I can chirp her and have her say it on speaker phone that me and her was just chillen and they will still pull me out the car. U white, it dont mater, u never right over there as far as the boys is concerned.

Also,

hendrix haze, "mexican brown" aint good powder. I dont think u have been able to compare the best tar available out there to the best powder out here. Maybe if you did you still would not change your mind, u got the preference and thats cool do ur thing, but just sayin, it aint fair to judge tar vs powder by comparing fire tar to not fire powder. We dont even be gettin mexican shit out here, and it is usually always barely off white or light gray in color, only the shitty bags we get got a brown or tan tint to them, jus in case u werent aware of that.

Also axl, didnt u say that when u tried dope in jerz, it was from atlantic city? IME and i think some others who have tried the D up and down the state of NJ, would agree with me, in AC their dope is weak and only about half as good as the shit u get up in north jerz.

U offered the opinions of heads u kno, so I will also do the same jus to point out that its all relative and depends on the type of feelin u prefer:

One of my closest friends is a cali native who moved to oregon and he has had all kinds of tar, fire shit as well i mean it aint like he was a out of towner he knows where the good shit be at. Every time he come to the east coast to visit he head straight for a couple bags of jersey fire. he always bitchin about "shitty tar, yall got it so good out there u lucky as hell u bastards" etc.

another one of my friends went out west to visit some of his boys in denver and they got shit that was supposedly fire tar but he was like I brought along some of my own dope and they was all on my dick tryin to get a bag becuz they wanted the good shit, they had put aside some tar for me and i was lucky that i had brought my own becuz i went thru the tar so quick it was stupid.

A long time poster on here blahblahblah now bagochina also had a similar story, he is from chicago so hes tried both on the regular and said he couldnt wait to get back home to that good powder cuz the tar was not worth his time.

i really feel like it is just a personal preference cuz there is a equal amount of ppl that seem to be on both sides who have tried both. I dont think its just a matter of wat u used to, since my one boy is used to tar but waaay prefer powder. Statistically, powder heroin on the east coast is stronger purity wise if u check the stats released by dea, police agencies, etc, that analyzed and tested random samples OFF THE STREET, NOT wholesale.

You might want to say this is bullshit and i can understand how a person might not want to believe this, but ask the poster PureLife on here. He OD'd a while back on ONE bag of some Newark dope. He is a long time IV heroin user just like i am and many other of us, who shoot 4, 5, 6, 8 bags at once, and he straight dropped off one bag.

The local task force lab unit got called to the scene becuz it was unusual for someone to OD on such a little amount, and they tested the 3 left over bags found at the scene. he sent me the lab print out word for word and the purity came back as 97% heroin and 3% quinine.NOW, this dont make no sense for a dealer to do obviously, and u dont just get shit like that every day, but MAD peoplee od'd off them still rollins before the bootleg batch came out that was shit. I doubt every bag of this stamp was that pure, but still none the less there was bags of 97 percent heroin floatin around the streets of newark. Ask him about it he will tell u.

as far as that goes, it aint common to have shit in the 90%s obviously but, it also aint a complete freak anomaly, it happens more than u might think which IMO is stupid for a dealer to be fuckin with shit that high when they could still cut it MUCH more and get more money but thats off topic. My point is that still It been confirmed many times in the past few years that purity in jersey, newark especially, is extremely high and in many of the past years it been classified as the highest average in the nation. Once again this was based on seized samples of packaged, bricked up, street level retail dope, not shipments that was intercepted as they got into the port, etc. this is cut shit ready to hit the streets, or shit that was already on the streets and got confiscated by the po po when they made arrests, that is the standard the data was based on for all over the country whether it was tar or powder.

Of course Shit changes year to year, and i aint tryin to make this a dick size contest of wat state got the best dope. it aint like i can take responsibility for it, it aint got nothing to do with me personally, im just sayin the things I have read with my own eyes, not just street rumors and jersey pride. Of course , its also tru that u can have a bangin connect in fuckin nowhere land alabama that gets you better shit than a crappy connect in jerz, no doubt, so theres obviously exceptions. but i still believe from talkin to ppl i known who done both, and doin lots of reasearch over the years that while the high and nod might be better in your opinion due to alot of shit, that the general purity here is highere and to me thats wat im concerned with.

Sorry for the long ass post i jus wanted to lay down some info about this to represent both sides of the tar vs powder debate more in depth. We can both learn from each other.:)

Well that must be really shitty Lacey, have u ever thought about leaving Jersey?

I feel out straight up OD on one bag from Newark Shit I was banging 15/20 a day for too damn long and this is the blotter word for word which has now been erased because of atlien3 who is most def a cop he should be throw off

Last edited:
ahhh

Wow B-More is just as good as I remembered it to be, fuck im feelin nice right now...

If Jerzy is better than this "Matrix" and "Supaman" and best of all tha "jazz", im cumin up and I wanna see u lacey gurl!

I feel out straight up OD on one bag from Newark Shit I was banging 15/20 a day for too damn long and this is the blotter word for word which has now been erased because of atlien3 who is most def a cop he should be throw off

lol, im not a cop you moron, i just googled the text you posted and a news article about your DUI came up LMAO

Also,

nice post. I hope no one is taking me the wrong way, I am in no way saying one is stronger than the other as I have not done the colombian white dope you guys get on the east coast to decide. I'm just going by what I am hearing from people who have lived on both coasts and have done both fire tar and fire powder, and old time dope fiends i know in LA who said they only shot white dope (which I am assuming was south east asian H, which was all that was around in the 70's) up until the late 80's when tar showed up. I completely agree with you that it is easier to get high quality dope on the east coast over the west coast. If I was to hit up 10 tar spots in LA and you were to hit up 10 powder spots in NJ, the medium purity of your 10 bags would definitely be higher than the medium purity of my 10 bags of tar. I know that the H scene is a lot bigger over there, so the availability and quality is a lot more consistent. No argument there. Also, what I don't understand is how people can like powder heroin but say they hate tar heroin. Heroin is heroin is heroin. Regardless of whether it is powder in a stamp bag or tar in a balloon, the general effects are the same unless your getting shitty stuff. I don't get how you can say you hate one and like the other. Like how do you shoot some good tar and say you don't like it? It feels the same for the most part as powder, maybe a few minor differences, but overall its the same. Also just as you say you have seen long time users fall off on one bag, I have seen the same happen with a piece of tar the size of a third of your pinkie nail. I would like to hear more from people who have done both good tar and powder though. Shit is interesting. I agree, we can learn a lot from each others posts.

Yea, I really aint done tar so we are both on the same page here as far as goin on ppl opinions. A note to you tho is that the purity in the 70s of the powder dope out here was much much lower than it is now, IDK how that might affect their opinions or wat but anyways. i would like to try tar to see how this is, i guess that some ppl who take that view of hating tar might compare it to smokin piff vs regs or mids. But there is so much varation like good tar vs weak powder, weak tar vs good powder, and etc that its really impossible to know unless u do sample it your self and find the best that you can of each to judge against each other. i always wanted to try a drug competition like that lol. Im doin it for the good of science! its research lol . Thatd be my excuse. ;)

Fuck it we know what the deal is shit we don't start arguments we just defend so no sweat your shit is the best our shit is the best it's all good

i don't care how good that tar is- i don't know how crazy i'd be about puttin anything resembling a tootsie roll in my arm and from what i've seen/heard it don't disolve nowhere near as easy as powder when you cook it

Damn well everyone already said it jersey is the spot for dope but forreal I gotta say the 215 is what it is for some fire diesel. Philly is where its at once u get off street level and get a number. It is VERY openair in north philly just as much as in parts of jersey, just its not as much area as the 20 jersey cities u can cop in.

But havin down south jers dope and north jers dope I'd have to say north jersey dope is the only shit comparable to philly dope I had. South jers had some fire but went so cold and honestly the bmore dope I tried was good but nothin special. Average philly dope at best. So I'd have to say

Jersey/Philly are number one we got that fire come holla

I did say the Jersey dope I got was in AC. what I liked best about scoring in AC was that it was not difficult at ALL. there were some dudes who like pedal you around for 5 bucks or so - and I just asked one of the dudes for dope and he was like "hold on."

and there I was. AC was like some sort of deranged drug induced carnival. the dope wasn't that good.

I still swear by Columbus dope. you're probably right about the lack of quality of AC dope compared to the rest of Jersey, since AC is so infested with tourists.