• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Billionaire George Soros gives $US1m to legalise pot

lostNfound

Bluelight Crew
BILLIONAIRE financier George Soros has contributed $US1 million ($1 million) to Proposition 19, a ballot measure that would legalise marijuana in California, according to a report in The Sacramento Bee.
Overnight, The Wall Street Journal ran an opinion piece by Mr Soros in which he said he was in favour of legalising the drug.
"California's Proposition 19, which would legalise the recreational use and small-scale cultivation of marijuana, wouldn't solve all the problems connected with the drug. But it would represent a major step forward, and its deficiencies can be corrected on the basis of experience," Mr Soros wrote.
He added that he felt regulating and taxing the drug would save taxpayers billions of dollars in enforcement and incarceration costs and create government revenue.
Mr Soros, a major donor to Democratic candidates and causes, has, in the past, supported efforts to decriminalise marijuana and reform sentencing requirements for drug-related offenses.

http://www.news.com.au/business/bil...-to-legalise-pot/story-e6frfm1i-1225944019176

I still don't see this happening, but this is definitely a very good step towards passing the vote. It would be an awesome 19th birthday present if they did since my birthday is November 2nd, and i am moving to cali in 2 months. :D

Good for him. I'm in Az. We are getting ready to vote to legalize medical marijuana. As a chronic pain patiet who has been jailed for use regarding medical issues and fined up the ass and beyond because I choose to manage my pain with medical marijuana. I was late on paying my fine becaue I was in hospital on ventilator.. so issued warrant and busted me right put of the hospital. Did 15 days. And fine was due on 14th this month ibwas hospitalized on 13th told cpurts where I was. I got out Friday night called courts on Monday morning another warrant due to late on fine. I have another warrant for failure to pay on a misdemeanor paraphenilia charge and am looking at 45 days. The judge is a cunt. I was also evivted same weekend I was in hospitalized my kids moved me. I can prove all this. The cpourts told me the judge was making an example of me and to lay low.

Nobody should be prosecuted and persecuted this way. Wish I had the money to lawyer up or get NORMAL. OE MAPP s attention. Good for this guy. He's doing the right thing. I keep sumitting stuff to my local paper and have them ready to follopw me to turn myself in for this bullshit.

My sons friend told his mommy he saw a pipe or bong in his friends moms room.................shazamm I got fucking raided. And all they got was a couple gs of jack herrer and my paraphanelia. Possession charge dropped misdemeanor paraphnelia charge stuck and if I am one day late paying on fine even if I'm dying which twice I was and on vent and once emergency surgey for septecemia.

Its been groundhogs day every since. ............pray it goes legal in az for med reasons so people like me don't get railroaded for not wanting to be on oxy fent patches methadone opanna etc. Let me see shall I destroy my body with high powered narcotics or vap some chronic....... since this happened I have no choice but tp be on narcotics....................

Good for him. I'm in az where we are getting ready to vote for medicinal use.

I am a chronic pain patient who has been prosecuted and persecuted for somking weed medicinally. My sons friend saw a bong in my room and went hom and told his mom that his friends mom has a pipe. She called the cops and shazamm they raided me.

The got a couple gs jack herrer and some paraphenilia. Was charged with moisdemeanor paraphenilia. Got drug classes which I completed. Got probation which I'm still on 2 yrs later. 600 dollar fine. Which skyrocketed.

Got ill was on ventilator dying twice was late paying 50 bucks. Warrants issued was arrested straight outta hospital still onoxygen. Did 7 days for failure to pay. Dying wasn't a good reason to be late.

Second time on ventilator. Released was still on oxygen arrested 5 days home with health nurses caring for me. Did 15 days.

Now on 15 th of this month was rushed to emergency surgey same day fine was due. I called the cpurts as I was being wheeled into surgery. They issued a warrant on the 16th. I was released on 21st. Called courts was told I am now facing 45 days.

Clerk of the court said judge was makong wxample of me. I wish I could get NORMAL or MPP s attention and make some noise. No cash to lawyer up. Totally disabled. Am charged 280 per bench warrant. On top of the original 600 and 142.00 per day I am jailed and 20 beverytime I see jail dr. Plus 10beverytine they dispense medicine.

This little misdemeanor is like groundhogs day and is costing me a fucking fortune. Am having local paper follow me to tu3n myself in with all the paperwork provibg in was in hospital etc to makesome npoise just in time for the vote.

Am now on high powered narcotics because of all the uribe tests for mj. Ironic I was trying to stay off narcotics and was using med smoke and because of it I now have to take shit that I am both addicted and dependent on

I wish there were more George Soros in the world.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm all for legalized pot, (and all drugs) but doesn't the earth have problems MUCH MUCH more drastic than legalizing pot? And 1 million out of a billionaires pocket really aint much.

I got 5 bucks to my name right now after rent in a week...... but that guy.......