• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Cold Water Extraction Question

xboxer7

Greenlighter
I was thinking about doing a cold water extraction on a few vicodins and my question is after its done how long does it stay fresh or does it matter? If possible I think it'd be a cool idea to just be able to keep a bottle of hydrocodone water on hand for for a while.

It is safe as long as a week in the fridge. Holding it on hand, I would say a day/ day and a half.

It will collect bacteria if you let it sit out for too long... You can get strep throat or something if you let it sit way too long...

I remember someone on here saying they poured the CWE'd water to make ice-cubes. That'd last for a very long time I'd imagine, then can just put them in a drink or whatever when you want them.

lasts forever.but water ''goes bad'' over time if you know what i mean so use your head.nice way to keep it concealed though.

tap water is full of e coli. streppticcuos, and everything in between and that bacteria will multiply. the colder the temperature the slower the rate of bacterial growth. So I agree I would not keep it longer than a week and that is if it kept in the fridge.
As for the ice cubes I am uncertain how the codeine would stand up to being frozen. I always avoid letting my CWE freeze for fear of making it inert. But then again I have hear of dope ( smack) dealers who keep their stash in the freezer. It did not seem to affect the potency of that stuff.
A word the dope was a powder while in the case of the CWE; the codeine is a solution which may make it more likely to break those ionic bonds of the codeine molecule. I do not know.

I was thinking about doing a cold water extraction on a few vicodins and my question is after its done how long does it stay fresh or does it matter? If possible I think it'd be a cool idea to just be able to keep a bottle of hydrocodone water on hand for for a while.

for just a few vikes, a CWE is a waste.

only if you are over 4000mg of the acet. then you should

but your at 2000mg MAX...

if i were you, i'd do the cwe, then let the water evaporate and just have the powder at the end. haven't tried it yet, but i don't see why it wouldn't work. or maybe just putting it in the oven at like 200F. to be safer i'd just let it sit out and evap. though

to let the water sit and evaperate, it would take weeks

fungus would grow b4 u even got to it.

and puttin it in an oven would kill the opiods...but if u want to sit there with a blow dryer for 18 hours it would work

As for the ice cubes I am uncertain how the codeine would stand up to being frozen. I always avoid letting my CWE freeze for fear of making it inert. But then again I have hear of dope ( smack) dealers who keep their stash in the freezer. It did not seem to affect the potency of that stuff.
A word the dope was a powder while in the case of the CWE; the codeine is a solution which may make it more likely to break those ionic bonds of the codeine molecule. I do not know.

I'd be curious to know the answer to this too, as I don't know either. Does freezing a CWE destroy or damage (lose potency) the codeine itself within the frozen solution? Anyone?

Ya you can. If you really want a solution keep it concentrated and add 1mL propylene glycol as preservative. Seal. Caution when using anti-freeze as preservative, make sure it has no methanol, either way, the small quantity (1mL) should keep you safe regardless of the composition.

Last edited:
tap water is full of e coli. streppticcuos, and everything in between and that bacteria will multiply. the colder the temperature the slower the rate of bacterial growth. So I agree I would not keep it longer than a week and that is if it kept in the fridge.

I wouldn't freeze codeine especially the phosphate one. Keep codeine at room temperature.

I was thinking about doing a cold water extraction on a few vicodins
For everyone talking about codeine this is dihydrocodeinone or hydrocodone. It shouldn't be damaged under cold temperatures but codeine does degrade easily under light and hydrocodone could be similar, why would you take the chance when a CWE takes zero time? If you must have it instantly available then just extract the solid as mymindisgoo said just without the 200F heat which will damage it.
to let the water sit and evaperate, it would take weeks

fungus would grow b4 u even got to it.

and puttin it in an oven would kill the opiods...but if u want to sit there with a blow dryer for 18 hours it would work
I don't know if you live underwater or what PillPoppingAnimal but the "evaperation" of 30ml of water off of a plate doesn't take weeks it'll be over "b4 u" wake up. Then just store it in some alcohol. I'm not sure how much bluelight allows extraction type questions but a simple basification will have it done in minutes instead.

From my readings they say not to freeze or refrigerate a codeine solution. As usual, with these types of instructional statements you never know what to expect. Don't do it could mean don't do it because the codeine will be destroyed but it could also mean don't do it because the codeine could turn into heroin so we don't want you to find that out.

All I have is that garbage statement from the pharmaceutical site. It's hard to make anything out of it. If anyone knows the extends of the damage done from refrigeration/freezing please share it.

umm the op is talking about vicodin (hydrocodone)......not really sure where you got codeine from........

I don't know if you live underwater or what PillPoppingAnimal but the "evaperation" of 30ml of water off of a plate doesn't take weeks it'll be over "b4 u" wake up. Then just store it in some alcohol. I'm not sure how much bluelight allows extraction type questions but a simple basification will have it done in minutes instead.

true, a plate..i was thinking a cup