• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Sublingual Xanax (Exactly How?)

Alex000

Bluelighter
Even after doing quite a bit of searching for the answer to my questions, I still am not sure. Firstly, how superior is taking xanax sublingually versus "orally"? Or isn't it all that superior? How much faster and stronger is the onset? How does it even work, I mean how long would I leave the tablet under my tounge before washing it down? Could I expect that all of the alprazolam would all be absorbed under the tounge before washing it down? I must be one of the few because the horrible taste that some people describe doesn't really bother me. But I still don't understand how sublingual administration even works given that alprazolam isn't water soluble, right? I'd also be interested in any information on the sublingual administration of clonazepam. Sorry for so many questions, but this is one thing that I just haven't been sure of and would like to try this route of administration.

i know about SL ativan, but not sure on xanax, all my peaches and bars have been IR.

with my experience with SL ativan, it completely dissolves in under a minute......

are they SL xanax? if so they should be a non issue...

onset is fast, but the dosage is the same as popping it.... so the lasting effects are the same.....

this is strictly opinion and possibly personal expierence ;)... taking it sublingually and orally does the same thing, xannax is prescribed mainly for panic attacks, so its no surprise even when taken orally its one of the fastest acting drugs out there, i tend to feel it in 2-5(at most) minutes, so unless your gonna insulfate it (my preference, and i know many people feel that its less effective, but i disagree) just pop it

i know about SL ativan, but not sure on xanax, all my peaches and bars have been IR.

with my experience with SL ativan, it completely dissolves in under a minute......

are they SL xanax? if so they should be a non issue...
onset is fast, but the dosage is the same as popping it.... so the lasting effects are the same.....

ive taken both ativan (lorazepam) and xanax (alprazolam) quite a bit, and SL is by far the best method for ativan, as kush said they disolve quick, and almost taste good haha. xannax tastes nasty and takes like 5 min for a football to disolve...snort that shit

Insulfation is something that I am not completely unwilling to try, but I don't want to lose any alprazolam in the process and some say snorting xanax is just dumb. How superior is insulfation for you, and why? I am curious. How quick is the onset?

you can always do a regular IR xanax sublingually, it works pretty damn good even though it tastes like total crap. it always puts me out like i just got a shot of elephant tranquilizer. lol.

Yeah, it depends on the pills you have and how good you are at keeping your mouth from salivating unwittingly. Sublingual wafers dissolve fast enough for this not to really be an issue, but oral tabs dissolve much slower and it is easier for some to be swallowed in the spit. I always used to take alprazolam sublingually because it certainly kicks in faster, literally in like 5 minutes I could feel my coordination be off considerably compared with like 20 minutes if I just swallowed the pill. By taking the oral tablets sublingually, you're altering the amount and timing of the dose, and so you will have to adjust accordingly. What I mean by this is that you will get the dose somewhat staggered because some will be absorbed directly under the tongue, some will be absorbed by the mouth and throat via alprazolam-containing saliva, and some will be absorbed in the stomach because it was swallowed. Compare this to just taking the pill orally and you will see that you have three independent smaller doses rather than one full one (two really if you count everything absorbed by the mouth as one...)

I kind of feel like I'm rambling now, but I think I made my point! I take them orally now so I have more control over the dose and get it all at once, albeit delayed, rather than absorbing some quickly and the rest a bit more slowly as sublingual administration with oral tablets generally will do...

What about clonazepam? Is it pretty much the same deal? And how long should I wait to wash all the leftover down?

The onset is faster, but you do not gain anything regarding BA.

Basically this. I almost always put my Xanax under my tongue; partly due to habit I guess, but also due to the fact that if I really let it start to dissolve, the relief is almost instantaneous.

i would just swallow the pill with a glass of water,

to be honest, ive tried the sublingual route with xanax a bunch of times and it really didnt do much for me, if anything i thought it was wasteful,

i didnt feel it hit me any faster, or any stronger,

if i was to do the sublingual method it would have to be cuz i like the way it tastes , or to make sure the pill aint fake,

From what I understand of benzodiazepines almost all of them are best just swallowed.

The only two exceptions I know of where you actually achieve a greater absorption rate from sublingual are for Ativan (Lorazepam) and Klonopin (Clonazepam).

There are no benzos I'm aware of where you gain anything from snorting them.

$0.02

wow mate if you can take Xanax brand sublingual I give you a medal sir. Sooo bitter.. And disgusting taste just as Sublingual Zopiclone .. YUUUK!!

Anyway I tried both oral and sub and I dont see any difference on the strenght.

From what I understand of benzodiazepines almost all of them are best just swallowed.

The only two exceptions I know of where you actually achieve a greater absorption rate from sublingual are for Ativan (Lorazepam) and Klonopin (Clonazepam).

There are no benzos I'm aware of where you gain anything from snorting them.

$0.02

Alprazolam and clonazepam both give unique effects when snorted...

^ I've never noticed any, and am curious. Could I ask what sort of effects you're talking about?