PDA

View Full Version : (benzos) Sublingual Xanax (Exactly How?)

Alex000
25-10-2010, 01:26
Even after doing quite a bit of searching for the answer to my questions, I still am not sure. Firstly, how superior is taking xanax sublingually versus "orally"? Or isn't it all that superior? How much faster and stronger is the onset? How does it even work, I mean how long would I leave the tablet under my tounge before washing it down? Could I expect that all of the alprazolam would all be absorbed under the tounge before washing it down? I must be one of the few because the horrible taste that some people describe doesn't really bother me. But I still don't understand how sublingual administration even works given that alprazolam isn't water soluble, right? I'd also be interested in any information on the sublingual administration of clonazepam. Sorry for so many questions, but this is one thing that I just haven't been sure of and would like to try this route of administration.

SkagKush
25-10-2010, 01:38
i know about SL ativan, but not sure on xanax, all my peaches and bars have been IR.

with my experience with SL ativan, it completely dissolves in under a minute......

are they SL xanax? if so they should be a non issue...

onset is fast, but the dosage is the same as popping it.... so the lasting effects are the same.....

sickwillis
25-10-2010, 01:43
this is strictly opinion and possibly personal expierence ;)... taking it sublingually and orally does the same thing, xannax is prescribed mainly for panic attacks, so its no surprise even when taken orally its one of the fastest acting drugs out there, i tend to feel it in 2-5(at most) minutes, so unless your gonna insulfate it (my preference, and i know many people feel that its less effective, but i disagree) just pop it

sickwillis
25-10-2010, 01:46
i know about SL ativan, but not sure on xanax, all my peaches and bars have been IR.

with my experience with SL ativan, it completely dissolves in under a minute......

are they SL xanax? if so they should be a non issue...
onset is fast, but the dosage is the same as popping it.... so the lasting effects are the same.....

ive taken both ativan (lorazepam) and xanax (alprazolam) quite a bit, and SL is by far the best method for ativan, as kush said they disolve quick, and almost taste good haha. xannax tastes nasty and takes like 5 min for a football to disolve...snort that shit

Alex000
25-10-2010, 01:51
Insulfation is something that I am not completely unwilling to try, but I don't want to lose any alprazolam in the process and some say snorting xanax is just dumb. How superior is insulfation for you, and why? I am curious. How quick is the onset?

SkagKush
25-10-2010, 02:05
dont snort benzos lol

punchednthenose
25-10-2010, 02:31
you can always do a regular IR xanax sublingually, it works pretty damn good even though it tastes like total crap. it always puts me out like i just got a shot of elephant tranquilizer. lol.

Pegasus
25-10-2010, 02:49
Yeah, it depends on the pills you have and how good you are at keeping your mouth from salivating unwittingly. Sublingual wafers dissolve fast enough for this not to really be an issue, but oral tabs dissolve much slower and it is easier for some to be swallowed in the spit. I always used to take alprazolam sublingually because it certainly kicks in faster, literally in like 5 minutes I could feel my coordination be off considerably compared with like 20 minutes if I just swallowed the pill. By taking the oral tablets sublingually, you're altering the amount and timing of the dose, and so you will have to adjust accordingly. What I mean by this is that you will get the dose somewhat staggered because some will be absorbed directly under the tongue, some will be absorbed by the mouth and throat via alprazolam-containing saliva, and some will be absorbed in the stomach because it was swallowed. Compare this to just taking the pill orally and you will see that you have three independent smaller doses rather than one full one (two really if you count everything absorbed by the mouth as one...)

I kind of feel like I'm rambling now, but I think I made my point! I take them orally now so I have more control over the dose and get it all at once, albeit delayed, rather than absorbing some quickly and the rest a bit more slowly as sublingual administration with oral tablets generally will do...

Alex000
25-10-2010, 05:15
What about clonazepam? Is it pretty much the same deal? And how long should I wait to wash all the leftover down?

punchednthenose
25-10-2010, 05:22
What about clonazepam? Is it pretty much the same deal? And how long should I wait to wash all the leftover down?

same deal. and yes, wait til the pill is basically gone to swallow.

BIGsherm7272
25-10-2010, 06:51
The onset is faster, but you do not gain anything regarding BA.

morphonorconic
25-10-2010, 18:43
The onset is faster, but you do not gain anything regarding BA.

Basically this. I almost always put my Xanax under my tongue; partly due to habit I guess, but also due to the fact that if I really let it start to dissolve, the relief is almost instantaneous.

deaf eye
25-10-2010, 18:52
i would just swallow the pill with a glass of water,

to be honest, ive tried the sublingual route with xanax a bunch of times and it really didnt do much for me, if anything i thought it was wasteful,

i didnt feel it hit me any faster, or any stronger,

if i was to do the sublingual method it would have to be cuz i like the way it tastes , or to make sure the pill aint fake,

bronson
25-10-2010, 23:07
From what I understand of benzodiazepines almost all of them are best just swallowed.

The only two exceptions I know of where you actually achieve a greater absorption rate from sublingual are for Ativan (Lorazepam) and Klonopin (Clonazepam).

There are no benzos I'm aware of where you gain anything from snorting them.

$0.02

Dr migi
25-10-2010, 23:43
wow mate if you can take Xanax brand sublingual I give you a medal sir. Sooo bitter.. And disgusting taste just as Sublingual Zopiclone .. YUUUK!!

Anyway I tried both oral and sub and I dont see any difference on the strenght.

Captain.Heroin
25-10-2010, 23:55

$0.02

Triazolam is an example, though there are not many like this.

bronson
26-10-2010, 01:58
^ Interesting, I've never even heard of that one.

BIGsherm7272
26-10-2010, 02:39
^ Interesting, I've never even heard of that one.

It is not widely prescribed anymore. It is a very potent hypnotic benzo. it comes in .25mg and .5mg. It is one of my favorite benzos.

Pegasus
26-10-2010, 04:30
From what I understand of benzodiazepines almost all of them are best just swallowed.

The only two exceptions I know of where you actually achieve a greater absorption rate from sublingual are for Ativan (Lorazepam) and Klonopin (Clonazepam).

$0.02

Alprazolam and clonazepam both give unique effects when snorted...

bronson
26-10-2010, 08:54
^ I've never noticed any, and am curious. Could I ask what sort of effects you're talking about?

logie
26-10-2010, 20:39
Is there sublingual xanax? I had sublingual klonopin before they moved me on to xanax and it worked so dang quick and was nice.. but xanax is so gross tasting i could imagine doing it sublingually

morphonorconic
27-10-2010, 05:02
'Niravam' is sublingually-formulated Alprazolam.

lightitup
27-10-2010, 06:33
With xanax, I notice no difference in the onset if I let it dissolve or just crush it into a few pieces (or bite) and swallow. It just seems like it was made to stop a panic attack as quick as possible, so on a fairly empty stomach it kicks in super fast.

Herbal~Jah
07-03-2011, 19:43
If there is a sublingual xanax pill out there made to be taken sublingually then why wouldn't a normal xanax (bar, football) work the same way? Just crush up the pill into a powder and place the powder under your tongue...

amapola
07-03-2011, 19:58
^Different preparations will be absorbed in different ways due to differing inactive components or the active drug being presented slightly differently. For example there are suppository preparations of Gravol designed to be inserted anally but just sticking an oral Gravol pill up into your rectum won't be nearly as effective.

Pegasus
07-03-2011, 20:57
^Yeah, that, and most tablets have a pretty bad taste that will stimulate taste buds and thus saliva... Sublingual tablets usually absorb very quickly before too much saliva can accumulate and wash down the drug... Suboxone tablets are a strange exception, I'm not sure why they don't dissolve quickly like other sublingual tablets, or like the Suboxone film...

Pegasus
07-03-2011, 20:58
^ I've never noticed any, and am curious. Could I ask what sort of effects you're talking about?

Sure, the effects seem to hit faster when snorted, and this always gives a unique feeling. The amount of a drug that gets into the bloodstream is not the only factor in how you feel a drug; The speed with which the drug enters the bloodstream is also at play.

littlesparkle
08-03-2011, 17:18
isnt the bio for xanax is the same for both?crush it faster if its XR/ER.i tried it and it isnt worth it.any benzo than dormicum should be just eaten,unless its made for injecting

Pegasus
08-03-2011, 18:53
^It's honestly probably higher for oral, but the difference is that oral doesn't absorb as quickly.

waldo777
08-03-2011, 20:34
Yeah, right on "amapola",
Another analogy would be fentanyl. While not exactly the same as the benzos being discussed, its available as a transdermal patch, a buccal / sublingual lollipop, and via IV. All three ROA's use the same exact drug, but b/c of different inactive ingredients, formulations, and ROA's, the 3 preparations have vastly different feeling effects. While people point to the fact that common benzo's aren't water soluble as the reason they shouldn't be taken SL or snorted, this isn't entirely true. The truth is that they are just not VERY water soluble, so some of the drug does in fact get absorbed by capillaries in the nose and mouth, and while it may be a relatively small amount of drug absorbed these ways, due to the stronger effects that SL and snorting offer, a smaller amount of drug absorbed via those ROA's will feel equal to a larger amount of drug absorbed orally.
That said, I don't believe in snorting benzo's b/c there is usually only 2mg's of active drug per a pill that may weigh around 300mg's, that's a lot of junk blocking the 2mg's from being absorbed.
However, SL is different, if one chews the pill, leaves it under the tongue until fully dissolved, and at no point ever swallows any saliva-drug mixture, instead swooshing it around the mouth for a few extra minutes...then some of the drug will have absorbed quicker due to SL absorption, and the rest will be absorbed orally when the saliva is finally swallowed. There is no waste this way like there likely is with snorting, and the faster onset SL absorption offers versus oral absorption, may also offer some different and pleasurable effects. It may be a matter of opinion but that's my thoughts...

datSTIMfreak
08-03-2011, 21:33
Has anybody here snorted Xanax or any other non-water soluble benzo every day without taking it by any other ROA for at least a month and then suffered w/d symptoms? Because personally I think getting off on intra-nasal Xanax is purely placebo from people thinking they get higher off the IN route with any chemical.

Pegasus
09-03-2011, 00:02
^You think that people addicted to snorting Xanax are experiencing placebo? If so, this is wrong, I have read a study specifically on snorted benzo abuse and addiction.

waldo777
09-03-2011, 04:43
Just b/c xanax has POOR (not zero btw) solubility in water, does NOT mean snorting it won't give the user any effects. Eventually, a significant amount, if not most of the crushed up xanax will drip down the throat and travel into the stomach where it will be absorbed just as if it was taken orally.