• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids HELP need a taper schedule

olskoolrollrz

Bluelighter
Currently eating 2 OP 80s and insuflating 4-5 roxies per day..I really need and want to quit..can someone suggest a tapering schedule for me to quit with the least amount of pain possible.in the quickest time possible.we get our meds from the doc have less than 6 months insurance left..then wont be able to afford any of it..have plenty of xAnys on hand for help, but so so so sick of being a slave..any posts will help thanx...

Live/love/laugh ..i wanna do these things again.as well as take a normal SHIT/get wood/all the things that pain pills take away from you i want back NOW!!!!.but know a taper is best for me..please help me get clean..:X.OLskoolrollrz

switching

ive only experience with dhydrocodeine and mst- but cant you switch to long acting opiate and tailor down that way sorry if aint been much help im in the uk and these am alien the names your saying never heard of them lol but any helps better than no help good luck:)

i could probably get it from a doctor , but would much rather try to just taper down on my own..anyone please???

No matter how you go about it, the withdrawls are going to be fairly shitty at those doses. The main point to your success would be an actual strong dedication and desire to quit.

From there just try cutting down a little every day until you can get down to none.

Also, be ware, even after you are off of it for a good while don't think you can go back to it just for a short jaunt. Since you've already had a tollerance, the addiction and tollerance will return with lightning quickness even after a fairly long break.

Best of luck and I hope that helps. =]

how many mg in the roxis?

your pretty much going to want to start lowering your daily dose a certain amount every day.... like 10mg or something

also try just one 80, if ur popping it, you will only b using slightly less since you would still be using other oxy....

You have to get the taper started by dedicating yourself to a maintenence plan, and I don't necessarily mean by using a maintenance opiate. That works well, but if you're looking for other ways, you can just find what the lowest dose you can get by on daily is, and just set that as the absolute max you will take during the taper. From there, you basically skim off what you can while still feeling alright. You don't need a taper schedule at this point, it doesn't seem... You need a course of action plan, which eventually will include a taper schedule. For now though, just offload however much of your daily dose you can.

also take the minimum amount you need to subdue the WD.... do not go over or you will mess up your taper.....

you say you have 6 months on your insurance? thats a total of 24 weeks... A good slow taper would be to cut 8 mg from your 160 mg a day oxy habbit every week. week 20 would be your last week of dosing @ 8 mg a day. Do the same math for the roxys along side with it.

The reason I came up with this formula is to a. make it as less painful as possible since its a slow drawn out taper.. this also gives your body and mind sufficient time to adjust to the new dosages. and b. give you one month left to grab some suboxone from a doc if necessary and ride out the final days with them.

good luck bro!

Thank you all so much for the pointers and your opinions..you are right ..it is all in my mind and to have the will power to reduce slowly but shurley is the key to success....thanks again all........Namaste

Olskoolrollrz