• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin accidental muscle injection

clinic99

Greenlighter
A week ago I missed a vein, being very intoxicated, numb, mentally contaminated I didnt notice. In fact I am not even sure what happened, because no side effects from the event were noticed until the next morning. Anyway I was trying to inject right above the wrist, along the muscle at a vein right near the artery...I now seem to have some sort of muscle damage, I'm not sure at all. My muscle seems to be injured, the area is and was very red. Movement is painful, but I can stretch my arm completely with effort and against pain. When I flex my muscle it is very limp, the area is sore and swollen. I'm looking for insight, suggestions, any ideas about what occurred and what I should. Preferably if there is anything to do outside of seeing a doctor.

well from that short descript it could possibly be a sterile abcess; though could turn septic quite easily. how long ago did you miss this shot? and has it swollen and gotten more painful in that time?

i'd be keeping a close eye on it and if it starts to deteriorate much further then seek medical help asap.

I missed the vein/injured my arm a week ago and it has gotten more painful.

Can you upload a picture? I would go to the ER if it has gotten worse I don't think it will get any better on it's own. You might need anti-biotics I would get medical attention.

Missed shots typically disappear after a couple of days. From what you've indicated, it's getting worse. The only thing you should do now is seek medical attention. Don't take the situation lightly.

it doesn't look very bad. it appears like a lump. I might end up going to the doctor but I really want to try and take care of it on my own. Because I would have to go to the doctor under my parents insurance and they believe me to be clean. And at the moment I can't afford most of the "free" clinics I have called. I went to cvs to buy antibiotics about an hour ago and I could tell which to get. What particular brand should I buy if they would be helpful.

If it turned into a lump you should definitely go to the ER doctors are not allowed to tell your parents anything but it would show up on records anyway fuck that your risking poising that hand if you don't go.

My cousin nearly lost her foot recently from IV'ing and then contracting MRSA....it's a very serious situation that you should get checked out immediately.

missed shots should defo clear up after a week and should not get more painfull, sounds like you got an infection, you need sum proper medical check, i had similar problem with my foot years ago an left it an did not want to see a doctor. i left it for months till point where i could not put pressure on it or walk- that was very dangerous and i was luck, needed medical treatment in the end. best not to be stubben an bite the bullet mate an get it checked.