• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc tolerance to antipsychotics?

Lopez

Bluelighter
i have clinical depression and ocd and have been on venlafaxine 37.5mg (yuck) and risperidone 1 mg for a couple of months. to be honest i like the effects of the risperidone (apathy, sedation, feeling of calm/lethargy) but i've noticed that the effects of it have been wearing off lately. is it going to get to the point that the effects are completely non-existant? also will it cause cross tolerance to seroquel?:\

eventually you will build a tolerance to any med and it loses some if not all of the effects unless the dose in raised. i dont know about the cross tolerance with seroquel. the best advice i can give you would be to see a therapist and get off anti psychotics.

everyone goes through times in their life when they are depressed. its a naturally occuring state. druging yourself may help for a short while, but if your not really dealing with the underlying problem... well... you might end up on these meds forever. tread fucking lightly friend.

You will become tolerant to the sedation but the anti-psychotic action should be retained or just up the dose. Risperidone has a dose range from .25mg - 16mg.