• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Oxymorphone then Suboxone

garciaking32

Greenlighter
Hello everyone I am new to this site but was hoping someone with more knowledge about oxymorphone may be able to help me in regards to this matter. I am prescriibed suboxone 8mg film strips and earlier today I have taken about 10mgs of opana(oxymorphone) and I definitely don't feel it at all anymore and it's been a good 5 hours now since I have taken the opana and I am wanting to take my suboxone strip. Does anyone with more knowledge about opana than me know if it would be ok to go ahead and take my sub?...or will the naloxone in it send me into PWD? Thanks in advance

I guess I would say that I am dependent on suboxone but not other opiates. I've been taking suboxone for going on 16 months now.

IME Oxymorphone is the easieast way to break through and Buprenorphine wall. I usually take 8mg bupe in the morn and if I happen to get opana later that day, 40-60mg will easily break through the bupe. But This can be dangerous which can lead to OD.

So you are saying that I would not be safe to take my suboxone tonight then since I've already taken opana earlier?

Well if that was the only time you did opana, I think you will be fine getting back on bupe. You might feel some slight discomfort at first, but it should subside quickly. The reason people get precipitated withdrawals is because most of the time they are dependent on another opiate, and the bupe quickly strips your receptors of the current opiates on them, throwing you into severe withdrawal for a short period of time until the bupe takes over your receptors.

I appreciate you guys for the input. Just not a usual opana user just got ahold of one and ready to stick with my subs again...don't know why I tried messing around on them anyway. My doctor would kill me if he knew i took an opana

I use Opana frequenty, I usually take my sub 10-12 hours after my last dose of Opana and I never have a problem. With you using Opana very sparcely, I'd say youd be fine taking ur sub now, if you wanna be safe that you go through no Precipitated WD then give it another hour or two.

Also I must say I agree with the poster above that Opana punches through sub pretty easy. I take sub and then do Opana a few hours later and still get good effects

^ i thought you only got precipitated withdrawal when you are dependent on another opiate and then take bupe before you are in withdrawal from that opiate... if he only took opana this one time he naturally wont suffer any withdrawal symptoms from it.

in the OPs case, he is dependent on bupe and only took opana this one time. so i don't think there's any reason why he should have any problems or get PW if he took his bupe again now. once hes not high on the oxymorph anymore, shouldn't his body be completely rid of it? even if the bupe knocked the opana off the receptors he isn't dependent on the opana so getting rid of something his body doesn't need shouldn't cause any discomfort even if it happens rapidly.

Well if that was the only time you did opana, I think you will be fine getting back on bupe. You might feel some slight discomfort at first, but it should subside quickly. The reason people get precipitated withdrawals is because most of the time they are dependent on another opiate, and the bupe quickly strips your receptors of the current opiates on them, throwing you into severe withdrawal for a short period of time until the bupe takes over your receptors.

+1

you'll feel discomfort for no more than 30-45mins ime and many others.

skag kush said:
im not so sure about that

etard7007 is right in the sense that if there's still oxymorphone is the OPs system it will be stripped by the bupe, causing a short bout of precipitated withdrawals, while the bupe binds back on.