• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids methadone for 3 days then hydocodone yesterday.. can i take sub?

30roxi30

Bluelighter
ok so i was taking methadone fore 3 days(never really taking metadone prier to this) ....the first 2 days i took 60 mg of metadone at night and was taking oxy in the morning about 120mg oxy... then 3rd day i took only methadone 110mgs ...well last night i took 90mg of hydro just to keep me wel till today...

so its been over 48 hours sinc methadone and 24 hours since te hydrocodone ...could i take a suboxone dose ? do i have to wait 3 days of no metadone to take sub or is that just for people that take it daily

i usually take sub after 16 hours of large oxy dose and im fine..

sorry if this is covered somewhere...but i couldnt find anything

I skimmed this thread earlier but don't find myself experienced enough personally in this particular type of situation to make a very helpful reply but seeing as you don't have any I guess I'll chip in what I can offer. I hear of people on methadone maintenance treatment who are switching to bupe waiting anywhere between 48-72 hours after their last dose of methadone to take bupe. However, as for the hydrocodone, well I guess can you analyze yourself? I believe I gained from your original post that you are physically dependent, so are you sick at all right now? Personally if I were you, I would wait as long as I could before dosing bupe just to avoid unnecessary precipitated withdrawals.

ive just been sweating all day and weak but not as sick as i tought i would be .. i am going to say F it and do a couple mgs of bupe... i just cant imagine rec uses of done you would ave to wait 72 hours... i ave a monster tolarance were 110 mg of met hardly made me well ... the hydro did nothing so i ave not been feeling all to great for a couple days anyway... i got 3 more days till i get a scrip of opana and its been taking forever .... that's Wat got my tolerance so high by sniffing 120+ mg at once

no just get 60 pills dirt cheap each month... im mostly into oxy and can slam 200+ mgs in one shot... i really need to stop this opiate use i cant even get high anymore ... it been time to hang up the belt but i cant stand being sick... i couldnt tell you the last time ive nodded out me sniffing 120 at once of opana if just to stay well im sure id need 200 to get high

I would recommend browsing this thread and searching up on the potential dangers of developing Silicosis from Opana ER:

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=521995&page=3

On the other hand, I can't fathom letting my tolerance get to be like that, if you really feel it's time to "hang up the belt", you should consider the benefits of breaking out of the chains that dependency puts you in. Once you truly think about that and have it in your head that getting off is what you want for your future and you have a set plan, I think you'll find yourself to be a lot more motivated to get through the sickness. You can do it, and I think you'd be surprised at the excitement you can get when first climbing out of dependency to carry out a new way of living.

Last edited:
Wait 12 hours from last dose for fast acting opiates (H, OC, Hydrocodone) and 24 hours for long lasting opiates (Morphine, Methadone, time release pills whose coating was not removed) before taking a sub.