• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Poppy alkaloid info on web?

papasmurf1978

Greenlighter
Some time ago I ran across some info on the web stating that in some cases certain poppies can produce hydrocodone, hydromorphone, and, I think, monoacetylmorphone, among others that I didn't expect coming directly from O. I have googled myself crazy but cannot find this info again. Has anyone heard of this? Any info resources would be appreciated. Thanks.

This is impossible. Maybe the article was fake or something I am not sure. There are special type's of poppies that produce very high amount's of thebaine compared to other poppies.

Those are semi-synthetic opioids

They do not exist outside of the lab

^this.

Hydrocodone and hydromorphone are semi-synthetics and are certainly not produced as natural alkaloids. 6-MAM is a metabolite of heroin you produce in your body or is a by-product of creating black tar heroin.

I think your question has been answered so I'm going to close this. If you'd like this re-opened for some reason, PM me and let me know why.

edit:

It has been brought to my attention that I was incorrect in my assumptions and certain semi-synthetics can be found in opium poppies. Hopefully others can expound on this.

Last edited:
Endogenous production

Hydromorphone is made from morphine via catalytic hydrogenation and also is produced in trace amounts by human and other mammalian metabolisms of morphine. It occasionally appears in assays of opium latex in very small quantities, apparently forming in the plant in an unknown percentage of cases under poorly understood conditions.[citation needed]

Bacteria

Some bacteria have been shown to be able to turn morphine into closely related drugs including hydromorphone and dihydromorphine among others. The bacterium Pseudomonas putida serotype M10 produces a naturally occurring NADH-dependent morphinone reductase that can work on unsaturated 7,8 bonds, with result that, when these bacteria are living in an aqueous solution containing morphine, significant amounts of hydromophone form, as it is an intermediary metabolite in this process; the same goes for codeine being turned into hydrocodone.[52]

The process gave rise to various concentrations of hydromorphone, dihydromorphine, hydromorphinol, and oxymorphone during the experiments. Three paths were found: from morphine to hydromorphone with dihydromorphine as the penultimate step, from morphine to hydromorphone with morphinone as the penultimate step, and from morphine to hydromorphinol to hydromorphone.

52. Long, MT; Hailes, AM; Kirby, GW; Bruce, NC (October 1995). "Transformations of morphine alkaloids by Pseudomonas putida M10". Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 61 (10): 3645–9. Bibcode:1995ApEnM..61.3645L. doi:10.1128/AEM.61.10.3645-3649.1995. PMC 167664. PMID 7487001.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydromorphone

Biological production of semisynthetic opiates using genetically engineered bacteria

Last edited:
^thank you for clearing up the misinformation myself and others spread in this thread.

Yes, thanks much red22. The info and links you supplied appear solid. Much appreciated. Unless anyone else has something to add, I brlieve this thread is complete.

I just realized that I failed to quote the most relevant part of the hydromorphone Wikipedia article in my above post (the second sentence), but more importantly, that sentence isn't cited. I just updated the post. Maybe someone can find a reference for this claim.

In reference to the OP, I do believe I remember seeing that extremely trace amounts have been found. Nothing someone could get high on but there nonetheless, I’d have to hunt for that info again though.

-GC

In reference to the OP, I do believe I remember seeing that extremely trace amounts have been found. Nothing someone could get high on but there nonetheless, I’d have to hunt for that info again though.

-GC
yea I mean the dirty m30 I can't do. il go broke on oxy before that. I don't shoot or snort I only eat. I make a hard line there. I have IV'd myself with a 1L saline bag, x was a nurse so I got taught life saving measures. But I never injected a drug into myself only saline bag and lactated ringer bag. The random fent analogs or opioid RC is just to radical one to another. And the m30 are colored different so I found the lighter blue ones are the best but the dark blue ones are all fucked up. Now I chase my oxy but the only way to get it affordable is from Europe. IDK if we can talk pricing but why is it like 1/4 of the price were here in America its like 1$ a mg if your lucky I just paid 50 for one 30mg IR