Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Dosage is NOT proportional to weight

sheepie

Bluelighter
I hear this being thrown out a lot.

# per kg weight

I was talking to my doctor about this. It's not directly true. The dosage is actually proportional to the amount of receptors in your brain.

A 250lb 16 year old with an underdeveloped brain will need a much lower dosage than a 30 year old skinny 130lb.

I just thought I'd throw that out.

Dose = proportional to the amount of receptors in your brain, not weight.

Last edited:
Can you back this up with credible evidence?
I mean it sounds like it could be true.. But hard proof is always nice..

I thought it had to do with the amount of blood you have, that's why woman are generally more sensitive to MDMA, though needing a lower dose because of the amount of receptors in the brain sounds like a logical assumption.

I'm guessing the efficiency of your kidneys might come into play as well (or whatever organ happens to absorb the chemicals from your digestive tract, I think it's the kidneys).

This actually makes really good sense. Besides women do have more serotonin based brains hence why they are more emotional then men. Men have more dopamine based brains. Thats because testosterone=more dopamine and estrogen=more serotonin, but there could be a receptor difference in men and women too with women having more receptors.

sheepie; said:
Too lazy to find any. My doctor is a genius.

Hmmmmm well then I guess this is just gonna be chalked up as another rumor/theory/myth/speculation

Like someone said above dosage has many factors. Tolerance is a big one. Past drug use might play a role also depending on the drug.

I can't see how weight doesn't make a significant impact. More weight = more blood volume = more dilution of the drug throughout the bloodstream. I weigh 280lbs and I took one capsule for my first dose and felt nothing. Its hard for me to believe the effects weren't present because I had so many serotonin receptors in comparison to a 16 year old or for that matter my friends? I think it is because the drug was diluted in a large blood volume and was unable to reach an effective dosage level in my brain.

Receptor downregulation occurs when you abuse MDMA as well, and dosage goes up not down to achieve similar responses?

A 250lb 16 year old with an underdeveloped brain will need a much lower dosage than a 30 year old skinny 130lb.
In what way is a 16 year old's brain more underdeveloped than a 30 year old's? Maybe intellectually if the 30 year old uses their time to study complex information, but I would have thought biologically (i.e. wetware-wise/receptor-wise) the brain would be developed long before one's teens.

Just asking - I am not a physiologist :).

In what way is a 16 year old's brain more underdeveloped than a 30 year old's? Maybe intellectually if the 30 year old uses their time to study complex information, but I would have thought biologically (i.e. wetware-wise/receptor-wise) the brain would be developed long before one's teens.

Just asking - I am not a physiologist :).

umm lol.... Im pretty sure your brain doesnt full develop til the age of 25

Too lazy to find any. My doctor is a genius.

not all doctors are right about everything all the time,

and im sure weight makes a difference, same with genetics ( germans drinking 50 beers in one sitting while not even being that built or anything, while native americans get massivley shit faced )

germans drinking 50 beers in one sitting while not even being that built or anything, while native americans get massivley shit faced
that is an unfair stereotype....
its more like 60 beers.. ;)

Quote:
germans drinking 50 beers in one sitting while not even being that built or anything, while native americans get massivley shit faced
that is an unfair stereotype....
its more like 60 beers..

LOL!
I see it like this, germans do think they drink the most but honestly any indian can buy 100 times the amounth of alcohol in one sitting than any regular german due having such fatter lined pockets 17,000$ a month...so based on that im going to say indians drink more becuz they can buy more so they get more fucked up.