• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Question about Ecstacy Tolerance

CB11

Greenlighter
So I have been rolling for about a year now, I have rolled 9 times. I have been on zoloft for that year which caused my tolerance to be extremely high, 6-8 pills in order to feel anything. I have has been off of zoloft for just about 4 months now. I was wondering if when I roll in December which is the next rave(I only rolls at raves btw) if my tolerance will be down enough to take only 1 or 2 illies? or if there is something that I can do i.e vitamins, detox, or of that nature that will lower swims tolerance, to only having to take 1 or 2. Thanks so much for your answers!!!

p.s. I rolled once after being off of the zoloft for about a month but still had to take a large quantity, it was a 2-day event and in total I took 10 illies in those two days.

Last edited:
First, we don't SWIM here ;D

Second, SSRIs (such as zoloft) clear out of your system in about a month or so. Any 'tolerance' you have after that is due to taking way too much fucking MDMA.

We don't allow the use of SWIM here.. It won't protect you... Just use the appropriate pronouns, it's alot easier to read.

As far as your question goes...when was your last roll? How often do you typically wait between rolls?

There really isn't much you can do to reduce your tolerance but wait and be healthy. However... Zoloft is affecting more things in your brain than just "increasing tolerance". If you need to take 6 to 8 pills to feel ANYTHING... you probably shouldn't be rolling.

With that being said, are you testing your pills? If you're getting bunk shit then you won't feel much regardless of what meds your on/ not on or how much you take.

Anywho, many people say that preloading with Piracetam before rolling helps to make things a bit more intense.

How long were you on zoloft for? I believe that SSRI's will stay in your system longer depending on how long you've been taking them... so 4 months off of it might or might not be long enough

First off...swim is anoying as fuck and not allowed here. I provides you no protection in a court of law like most people think and is very hard to read and just generally pisses people off. so...in short...cut that shit out :)

you have gone and fucked your tolerance all to hell because you took MDMA while on a perscription drug that prevents it from working. The only way to lower it now is to take a long long long break. Tolerance is a funny thing some people recover more quickly than others but it still takes a very long time either way.

IME you will see some improvement in your tolerance levels by december but I doubt it will be that great. the best thing you can do is obstain from all drugs and lead a healthy life style until december. Then take only 1 or 2 pills at the most when you do roll. if you have a good time then you know your tolerance went down to a managable level. if you don't have a good time you know you will have to wait longer.

The worst thing you can do is take more than that though. all you will be doing is causing your tolerance to get higher while having dissapointing experiences in addition to compounding the bad effects that come with your level of abuse.

i'm sorry!!!! im new just joined today i had no idea. i will not use swim anymore. thanks you informing me!!

i have not rolled since july 17th, i did notice the effects were much more harsh(in a good way) and i only needed 5 the first day, and 5 the second.

i usually wait anywhere from 1 month and a half to 3 and a half months between rolls. but decided to take a break due to tollerance, money and trying to save brain cells lol :)

i also only recently, about 4 months ago, learned that zoloft had an affect on tolerance which is one of the reasons i stopped taking it, i should have done the research before i started rolling and know i am stupid for not doing that a year ago.

i am sure it isn't bunk shit because i have friends that take the same pill and only need 1 or two.

i was taking zoloft for about a year, since i started rolling, but i have taken other anit-deps in the past like prozac, but i also wasnt consistently taking the zoloft, and found i didnt really need it, which is the reason my doc stopped it. i am currently only taking 20mg of adderrall daily, but have never taken the adderall the day of a roll.

Last edited:
CB11: alot of your problems probably stem from trying to roll 2 days in a row at some events... I know some people can pull it off just fine... but most can't.... add your SSRI into the mix and you have a recipie for a shitty roll.

If you were on your meds for a year...4 months MIGHT be enough time to get you totally back to normal... I mean, it should be, but I'm not making any promises. I would get some piracetam to preload with a couple days before you roll, and then just take a couple pills to start with. See how that treats you.

As far as the adderral goes, it's good you don't take it with your roll I suppose. It makes MDMA more neurotoxic... However, some (myself included) enjoy a more speedy roll. BUT.... your pills could already contain some speed in them... thus in the name of harm reduction: I'd say, keep with your habit of NOT taking your addys with your ecstasy.

The only time i've rolled two days in a row was that one and only time in july, never doing it again! lol & i had been off of the zoloft for a month when i did this too. :)

yes i'd rather not cause any more harm to my body, plus i really do need the adderall and dont' want to risk it not working or overdosing on amphetamines.

i am going to try some of the supplements as mentioned in http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=407429

as well as to just refrain from rolling longer will probably wait until the event in march!

thank you everyone for you advice, it is greatly appreciated!!!!!! :D

Waiting till March = excellently responsible idea.
My hat off to you!

PS: just cause you ain't rolling, don't mean ya can't rave. (just sayin)

Definately!! im still gonna go to the onee in December, but we'll try a sober rave!!
first time for everything

Sober raves are still plenty fun :3 I rave a lot more than my brain can handle rolling so I often end up attending sober.