• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Mexico Upset By California Efforts To Legalize Pot

That's America for you, do one thing domestically while dictating left and right how another country needs to run itself

What the hell was that?

A tiny blurb about Calderon saying legalization is going to lead to increased drug use and societal problems, and then a ton of paragraphs trying to convince the reader that Tijuana is a nice place and get people to go there.

Crappy advertising didn't work for me. 597 murders this year? No thanks. Not to mention all the car jackings.

Shit, where I live we often go more than a year without a single murder, and when there is one, it's a big front page deal. 597? Christ, I bet they don't even bother printing when one happens.

Fuck going to Mexico until they legalize weed at least. Crazy how most of their business is weed. Many more people smoke weed than do other drugs; therefore it's much more lucrative with a much larger market. The only way out of this is legalization and I wonder how long it's going to take before they realize the sooner they do it, the better off we'll all be.

Are they seriously just afraid of losing votes? Is that all this is over?

Fuck! I want to go to Mexico, but not like this.

Last edited:
Yeah, cause the major catalyst of the drug cartels is pot. Go fuck yourself Calderon. Someone let me know when this fool has a bag over his head.

To understand Calderon's stance you just need to remember the Mérida Initiative: "U.S. State Department officials are aware that Mexican President Felipe Calderón’s willingness to work with the United States is unprecedented on issues of security, crime and drugs, so the U.S. Congress passed legislation in late June 2008 to provide Mexico with $400 million"

mexico should shut the fuck up if they don't understand american politics, america as a nation is the one that is blocking drug reform(and is opposed to prop19) and california is an individual state

it seems senor calderon stands to lose some money from any sort of legalization in the US. his stance on the subject of prop.19 is one driven by the protection of his own intrest, ie. the money generated by the influx of mexican grown pot into the USA.

Are they seriously just afraid of losing votes? Is that all this is over?

Exactamundo my friend, prohibition is a political power tool, not a crusade for guarding against the collapse of civil society as they claim. The idea that some citizens' strong will to consume mind altering compounds outside the realm of socially accepted ones would lead to a catastrophe is dubious at best but it all makes sense in light of how many votes you can organize around the loathing of these minority groups that consume said compounds.