Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Cannabis-enhancing plant to be marketed worldwide as new drug

phr

Ex-Bluelighter
Cannabis-enhancing plant to be marketed worldwide as new drug
Bryan Nelson
Mother Nature Network

South African Bushmen have been chewing kanna (Sceletium tortuosum) for hundreds of years to reduce stress, relieve hunger and elevate their moods. Now there are plans to market the exotic plant worldwide as a new over-the-counter drug, according to PhysOrg.com.

The first license ever issued to market kanna was given to the South African company HGH Pharmaceutical, who intend to sell it as a dietary supplement.

"We're positioning [the product] for everyday people who are having a stressful time in the office, feeling a bit of social anxiety, tension or in a low mood," said Nigel Gericke, director of research at HGH.

Link!

I have used kanna many times. I enjoy it.
I was not too impressed when I used it on its own, but with cannabis, it seemed to add something to the experience.

With mushrooms, it really has been intense and trippy.
You can find a report I wrote about a mushroom/cannabis/kanna experience for Erowid here:
http://www.erowid.org/experiences/exp.php?ID=35892

You know, it might not be a bad idea of some sort of legitimate organization introduced new designer drugs rather than shady operations. There might be a better chance of new substances remaining legal if there is a good PR campaign and of course the right bribes (political donations)

Very cool, cant wait to start some trials of my own with this!

You know, it might not be a bad idea of some sort of legitimate organization introduced new designer drugs rather than shady operations. There might be a better chance of new substances remaining legal if there is a good PR campaign and of course the right bribes (political donations)

Process laid out here (US CFR).

Kanna is on sale now from legit companys via the interweb? afaik its nothin new..

South African Bushmen have been chewing kanna (Sceletium tortuosum) for hundreds of years to reduce stress, relieve hunger and elevate their moods.

Is this real and not just another vitamin blend placebo? Because all those effects could just be from eating something while starving. :\

there is much more to sceletium than meets the eye. the key thing is proper fermentation as the material contains a Lot of oxalic acid which is not good. with proper fermentation the alkaloid content of sceletium also changes with much more mesembrinone rather than mesembrine.

it seems that the only place where sceletium is not heavily marketed is in its native SA which is a little bizarre.

Strange I have been able to buy this stuff for years but never did...guess I will give it a try while smoking bud,or eating shrooms..

Is this real and not just another vitamin blend placebo? Because all those effects could just be from eating something while starving. :\

Check out the link I gave above to the experience report I wrote.
It is most definitely not placebo.

picked up 1g of kanna as free sample from online vendor

Does anyone have guidance re dosage and best ingestion method?

Can it be snorted?