PDA

View Full Version : xanax and vicodin, safe to mix?

tenshu2k
03-10-2010, 09:53
is it safe to mix the two?

vicodin is 5mg/500mg apap

xanax is .25 mg.

not recreational doses. taking vic for pain (got mugged yesterday), xanax for anxiety/alc withdrawal symptoms.

HdoubleODeezy
03-10-2010, 10:11
i would say it is safe. those are low (almost as low as they can get) doses of each drug.

you might even catch a *little tiny* buzz with them combined if you have no tolerance to either of them..

Have fun. Be safe. %)

Dinkus123
03-10-2010, 10:16
Im sure you'll be fine. You didnt mention your tolerance though, if you have a tolerance dont worry about it, if you dont definately dont over do it.

Im actually on 140 mg oxycontin and .75mg xanax right now but I have a tolerance, typing this with one eye open one eye closed right now so the screen is clear.. lol

tenshu2k
03-10-2010, 10:49
yea no tolerance here. though, after taking the vic, pain hasnt really subsided. wonder if i need more.

SkagKush
03-10-2010, 11:16
ull live to tell the tale........

ILikeSub
03-10-2010, 11:43
yea no tolerance here. though, after taking the vic, pain hasnt really subsided. wonder if i need more.

Please don't take more unless you feel a pretty abosolute need to do so.
Wait as long as you can before you think about dosing higher.
Uneeded dosing usually just leads to addiction and/or trouble.
If you do decide that you need more than up the dose by 1\3 a pill I would say next time you dose and take it from there.If that aint enough than dose another 1/3 and so forth.
No need to double your dose/take a whole 'nother pill if it is possibly going to be to much.

And to answer your question,youll be fine.Even both at once and you would be fine.POSSIBLY may catch a light buzz but nothing more I am sure.

SkagKush
03-10-2010, 12:27
three threads last two days about taking a single benzo tab or pill with a single opiate pill....

fryingsquirrel
03-10-2010, 20:24
Well, I prefer those to the "I just took a fucking handful of random pills, will I be OK?" threads.

HdoubleODeezy
03-10-2010, 21:05
haha^

franklin48
03-10-2010, 21:43
Yes, try to mix them and tell us about side effects :D

_______
http://www.xanaxbars.net/
http://www.xanaxbuyonline.net/

WorldWarMe
03-10-2010, 21:44
Well, I prefer those to the "I just took a fucking handful of random pills, will I be OK?" threads.

Rofl, one I remember very well was "I just found my grandmas OC 80's and took three. I have no tolerance but they're small pills so I should be ok, right?"

orange floyd
03-10-2010, 21:57
it's one of my favorite combos, usually take 1mg of xanax with 15-30mg of hydro and it feels greaaaaaaaaat. one thing i've noticed personally tho, is the xanax will dull the opiate if you take it a) a half hour or less BEFORE or a half hour or less AFTER. if you take them both at the same time you're usually pretty good. i've never had any problems with this, in fact i think its waaaaaaaay safer than a few beers and 10mg of vicodin. alchie and opiates always led to a lot of respiratory depression and puking, mixing benzos and opiates has never had that result.

slowdive
04-10-2010, 01:10
You'll be fine.
5mg of hydrocodone and 0.25mg of alprazolam is safe for most of us.