• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

How does hydromorph feel compared to hydrocodone

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMTDan

Bluelighter
Once upon a time, before I could rail 10 mgs of opana np, I was like many people and got high my first time off of some hydrocodone I was prescribed for a root canal.

Naturally as tolerance grew I ended up moving to oxycodone. I've managed to keep my tolerance around 80mgs of the stuff crushed orally. Aside from a cold water extraction I preformed a while ago on a entire script of 7.5s that were for a wisdom tooth extraction I haven't had hydrocodone for quite a while. This reminded me of my love of the drug and me sad that I can pretty much never get high off it again.

I don't think I'm alone in prefering a hydrocodone high over that of a equivalent oxy high. I'm talking if theorectically they made a hydrocontin that was 100-120 mgs, I would take it over a oxy 80 3 out of 4 times. I like oxy but the hydrocodone feeling is just does it more for me. Alas hydrocodone is slightly weaker and more importantly is only made in small ass doses loaded with apap.

Now I have access to hydromorphone and was wondering if hydromorphone is to hydrocodone as oxycodone is to oxymorphone, if they feelings are similar.
When I rail oxymorphone I can certainly see the similarites between the two and its pretty obvious they are quite related. Even though opana is more nod inducing it definitely has that bit of pep and stimulation that oxycodone has as well.

Any hydro fans out there snort hydromorphone and feel a nice similarity to it? Or is the high much different like oxy is dif then fent or H. I was hoping I could take it and relive some fond memories of hydro.

I know its the shit banged but the problem is I'm NOT afraid of needles and after having temazepam sent straight into my veins in a orthodontists office and being blown away just from that rush I would be on the needle till they pried it out of my cold dead hands( or arm).

So up the nose it will go, just wondering if anyone who preferred hydrocodone and would take it over oxy if they made it into a nice high mg pills with no apap got a similar satisfaction with a hint of the hydro high with hydromorph.

well oxymorphone and hydromorphone are both metabolites of oxycodone and hydrocodone, respectively. They both provide a godly rush when injected, and both can be quite sedating with other ROA's. But IMO hydromorphone is only worth it when IV'ed, the rush is fantastic. Others have had success with plugging and snorting, but does not really compare to oxymorphone using those ROA's.

Hydromorphone is way stronger than Oxy. But you need to bang it to get the full effects. If you are doing it orally Oxy would be better.

Doesn't sound like you know much about opiates (no offense intended) so I'd be careful.

i actually just snorted my first hydromorphone this morning and i'm a long time lover of hydocodone as well. i lost my codone script :( and now i'm doing some dilly's i had left over from a sugery. I Love both!!! I miss my codones massively but i gotta say the dillys gave me the rush i needed and it lasted a while too. i would say hydromorphone is a good substitute to codone but i would still prefer hydrocodone to anything else. if you're going to do it snort, taking it orally won't do much at all:)

I also graduated in strength of the opiates I was taking but still prefer that excited warmth that comes from hydrocodone way over oxy. Good news: hydromorphone gives you that exact happy hydrocodone feeling except it is ten times as euphoric and intense. It is the superior opiate imo, disregarding strength compared to the too-dopey oxy.

who cares, can't we all just smoke a bong? I love me some opies dawg. <snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
quick question pertaining to the topic

Opana is Oxymorphone correct? if not its hydro
but anyways what is the name brand for hydromorphone?? or oxymorphone if opana is hydro

Dilaudid is the brand name for hydromorpone. My post may be a bit confusing since I used the generic and brand names interchangably

Hydromorphone is way stronger than Oxy. But you need to bang it to get the full effects. If you are doing it orally Oxy would be better.

Doesn't sound like you know much about opiates (no offense intended) so I'd be careful.

I just snorted 12-15mgs of opana the other day so I don't think I'm gonna run into too much trouble snorting Dilaudid. Not to mention no shit hydromorphone is stronger than oxy, its kind of clear in my post that I understand this, don't know what you were reading.

On top of that I also said I was aware that banging it is better. On top of that I said that eating it was awful and I plan on snorting it.

I don't even know what the hell you were reading since I addressed every single thing you just brought up. And I thought I was careful in covering anything so I wouldn't get silly answers in my post, silly me.

voodoosaloon was pretty helpful and captainballs hit it right on the head, thanks dude.

I know that some of us prefer the hydro feel to the oxy although if we eat pills and have anykind of tolerance hydrocodone is pretty much out of the picture forever. I can eat a 80 of oxy and feel good but can't help but wish hydrocodone came in a nice big apap free package as strength mg for mg notwithstanding I like hydro more.

Awesome to know that snorting a couple dillies has some of that similar feel that eating a bunch of hydrocodone would. I know they're analogues but sometimes analougues can feel pretty different.

Just out of curiosity how many other lovers of the hydro are there? And sry mods didn't realize this was a basic drug discussion question.

I always found there to be almost no difference between oxy and hydro. I actually used to enjoy (in the good ol' days before my life was ruined) taking 30mg of hydrocodone orally just as much as snorting 20mg of oxy.

Both had me feeling great. Everyone says oxy is so much better, and i believed that for awhile, but honestly I had just as much fun with oral hydro.

Hydrocodone isn't avaliable in the uk. For chronic pain oxy is given

Hydrocodone is also very hard to come by in Canada as well. For most of the world, I would say its Oxy over Hydrocodone just because the rest of the world doesn't come by Hydrocodone as often as they would come by Oxycodone.

Once someone takes oxy for a while they wouldn't be able to high on hydro pills in the us anyway, since the strongest they come is in 10mg pills which are loaded with apap. Add the fact that hydro being slightly weaker than oxy mg for mg and your not gonna be able to get high off unless you CWE a full script of hyrdocodone, which I've done and it works pretty well but its not often I'm scripted them( only for the occasional dental work here and there) and buying that amount of hydrocodone pills off the streets would cost a ludicrous amount of money and require someone to have alot on hand.

Yeah I can definitely have fun either way, and even though I would prefer hydro most of the time i appreciate oxy for its own high as well. If I had access to unlimited amounts of pure oxycodone and pure hydrocodone, I would probably take the hydrocodone 2 out of the 3 tiimes.

Its news to me that hydro isn't even prescribed in other parts of the world. Since hydro only comes as 5's, 7.5's, and 10s( I believe there is a really young/really old 2.5 version) its pretty much just used for dental work. With all that apap( ibuprofen in some cases) there meant to be for short term immediate pain.

Oxy gets all the love and comes in 2.5, 5,10,15 formats that have apap in them and a 5, 15, and 30 that have no extra crap at all. And of courses the infamous 10,20,40 and 80mg Extended Release pills.

Therefore this is given for serious immediate pain issues like after surgery's, chronic pain treatment, etc.

I wish they could shelf the lame morphine pills( morphine sucks orally) and just give hydro a wonderful 80mgs er tablet( hopefully not in the pain in the ass new op formula lol). Of course I don't expect them too cater to someone who abuses narcotics to catch a buzz but I think it would pretty sweet. Its fun to dream:)

Difference between Hydrocodone & Hydromorphone? Although Hydromorphone is meant for the needle, if you snort it you will notice that it is more sedating but doesn't last quite as long. It is more potent. You get a moderate rush from snorting Hydromorphone so its not worthless via that ROA. Orally though, its nothing special. So if your afraid of the needle, snort it.

Dilaudid is the brand name for hydromorpone. My post may be a bit confusing since I used the generic and brand names interchangably

I just snorted 12-15mgs of opana the other day so I don't think I'm gonna run into too much trouble snorting Dilaudid. Not to mention no shit hydromorphone is stronger than oxy, its kind of clear in my post that I understand this, don't know what you were reading.

On top of that I also said I was aware that banging it is better. On top of that I said that eating it was awful and I plan on snorting it.

I don't even know what the hell you were reading since I addressed every single thing you just brought up. And I thought I was careful in covering anything so I wouldn't get silly answers in my post, silly me.

voodoosaloon was pretty helpful and captainballs hit it right on the head, thanks dude.

I know that some of us prefer the hydro feel to the oxy although if we eat pills and have anykind of tolerance hydrocodone is pretty much out of the picture forever. I can eat a 80 of oxy and feel good but can't help but wish hydrocodone came in a nice big apap free package as strength mg for mg notwithstanding I like hydro more.

Awesome to know that snorting a couple dillies has some of that similar feel that eating a bunch of hydrocodone would. I know they're analogues but sometimes analougues can feel pretty different.

Just out of curiosity how many other lovers of the hydro are there? And sry mods didn't realize this was a basic drug discussion question.

I would say that Hydrocodone is (in equianalgesic doses) somewhere between Hydromorphone and Oxymorphone.
HM lasts way shorter than Hydrocodone (which has a duration more similar to OM) but the rush is similar to a good HC rush x10. That said, I'd still take Oxymorphone over either. it has the best qualities of all semi-synthetics. Long lasting, good nods, yet simultaneously gives you the stimulating warm explosion reminiscent oxycodone.

I've never caught a good nod from Hydromorphone, even when doing up to 10-20mg intranasally, I find it even more stimulating than Oxycodone. Strangely, I think OM is more similar to Hydrocodone than vice-versa.

not as good IMO, unlesss u shoot the morphone and i dont do that or advise that

bioavailability is way better oraly for hydrocodone than hydromorphone

cant really snort hydrocodone unless u dont live in the US

morphone snorted is better than taking it orally....if u end up deciding on this

ur better off orally taking ur vicoden

not as good IMO, unlesss u shoot the morphone and i dont do that or advise that

bioavailability is way better oraly for hydrocodone than hydromorphone

cant really snort hydrocodone unless u dont live in the US

morphone snorted is better than taking it orally....if u end up deciding on this

ur better off orally taking ur vicoden

like i said....equianagesic (including taking into account ROA)

I mean, I'll take 12 norcos over 2 10mg opanas (2 10mg opanas snorted would be ~100mg morphine), but the opanas are way easier to blow.

well honestly there two completely different drugs, honestly hydromorphon is over rated people hear that name or "dilaudid" and are like of fuck yea, and yes they are awesome but the bioavalibilty and intranasal are very low i'v heard from friends that IV is a very intense experience up there with H. id stick with oxy or hydro for oral administration.

OH AND NEVER SNORT HYDROCODONE!!! they always have another medicine in them they will make you ruin your nasal cavity faster than you probably already are, hehe

I completely agree with AMTdan as you can tell from my username I Love me some hydrocodone! I wish there was some way I could get the same fell i used to get with other opiates are great I've still never had that same hydrocodone high. Warm, cozy, happy and in love worth he world! So does hydromorphone produce a similar high?

hydrocodone is absorbed very effectively when taken orally, while hydromorphone has a VERY low BA orally. People who use hydromorphone usually inject, or snort it. When injected or snorted, i have heard that hydromorphone is alot more intense and gives a huge rush. It is also more potent per mg.

Status
Not open for further replies.