• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Afraid i made the wrong choice

Toker23

Bluelighter
psych offered me to triple my dose on xanax XR 6 mlg at one time, or 3 10mlg valiums. I've never tried valium before so i was scared it wouldn't get me a good high/feeling like i get from xanax.

Should i have taken the valium?

thoughts?

Farely low tolerance i have been taking 3mlg of kpins for about 3 weeks. otherwiseive been sober from benzos for months

I would think after taking xanax for awhile, valuim would need to be taken in really high doses to have a noticeable effect. Example, I had been taking another quick acting benzo(ativan) about 3mgs a day. I was given valuim up to 40mgs a day, I couldn't tell I had take anything, in fact I was starting to feel some benzo wd after a few days. Went back with the V's and Dr scripted the ativan. Not saying they wouldn't work for you, but likely you'd be disappointed had you gone with the valuim

6mg of Alprazolam is far more equivalent to 30mg Diazepam. It would be the better choice, regardless if its XR. Taking it all at once would be effective.

6mg xanax is a way higher dose than 30mg diazepam.... shorter acting, but take 2mg 3 times a day will be alot more effective than 10mg diaz 3 times a day

Different drugs affect people differently. Valium never affected me at all, temazepam would make me black out, and Xanax would stop a panic attack in its tracks but not one of the benzos has ever given me the warm floaty feeling other people talk about. Other people find those same drugs to be heaven in a pill.

There's a whole generation of people my age that you'll never get to surrender their old-style benzos like Valium, Serepax, Mogadon and Librium so I think it's safe to assume that at least some people feel good on them (in fact I remember TV ads in the 80s trying to get women to give up their benzos).

Different drugs affect people differently. Valium never affected me at all, temazepam would make me black out, and Xanax would stop a panic attack in its tracks but not one of the benzos has ever given me the warm floaty feeling other people talk about. Other people find those same drugs to be heaven in a pill.

There's a whole generation of people my age that you'll never get to surrender their old-style benzos like Valium, Serepax, Mogadon and Librium so I think it's safe to assume that at least some people feel good on them (in fact I remember TV ads in the 80s trying to get women to give up their benzos).

Warm floaty feeling, I really think you got the wrong drug class in your head.

You will get floaty, but I don't know all about the warm...

if your xanax is working for you? why change it?

40mg of diazepam is equal to about 2mg of alprazolam. just something to think about.

I like the feeling valium gives me over all the other benzos, but I have to take a high dose of it to get where I want to be. starting at 40mg and working my way up. I think I like it more than the others because it has muscle relaxant properties. but it gives me bigtime benzo face. very noticeable.

xanax is something like the "ace of benzos"
u get all of the "downer qualities" witha decent buzz and no shitty half life (like kpin)

but in all honesty valium is my favorite, it doesnt make me overwhelmingly tired and doesnt make me feel retarded

but yeah sticking with the xanax is the right choice

why switch to percocet when u have a script for opana

if your xanax is working for you? why change it?

40mg of diazepam is equal to about 2mg of alprazolam. just something to think about.

I like the feeling valium gives me over all the other benzos, but I have to take a high dose of it to get where I want to be. starting at 40mg and working my way up. I think I like it more than the others because it has muscle relaxant properties. but it gives me bigtime benzo face. very noticeable.

IDK when he said he was gonna triple my dose i was like FUCK YES. but then he said we could do 3 valium and i hesitated but whatever. Got my anxiety down and my high. :)