• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

a 2010 poll on everyones Favorite generic Roxi ir Or brand name & why?

dntcheckthtbxdoc

Bluelighter
Hello everyone, i have read a Blue light topic about this before but nothing at all recent. I have a 30mg ir Roxi script and am kinda new to the generic or name brand scene. The only brand i have got was the Qualitest/vintage brand and 3 of them opposed to a name brand Oxycontin er 80mg and the Oxycontin 80mg feels stronger iv'd...8o? what do u think? also what brand is everyones favorite please elaborate. This month i would like to try something diff other than the qualitest that are stronger possibly, and over all better.....? I am aware some companies changed there pills like activus, malli supposedly and ethex and is why a current topic on this i think is very necessary......Thnkx
(Mods please leave this topic up due to no current quality info on this subject) thank You so much...dntcheckthtbxdoc

Last edited:
i was RXd roxies 30mgs for over a year, and i never really cared about which generic i would get (i never got brand name)

but some of my friends would prefer the M/30s.... and some the v's........i think the A's are the weakest for some reason.....i once heard they only contained 24mgs~ or soemthing like that.

what roxi pill dissolves the best for iv? I read a lot of posts on bluelight and it only has info on the roxis from awhile ago and talks about them changing the pills i just dont want a pill that wont dissolve.....do the mallis still dissolve the best?

Last edited:
once u iv u arent turning back at all and i use a micron filter.02u so it is ok compared to w/o one...snorting them i think is lame as opposed to eating them but everyone is different.

dOES ANYONE HAVE A IDEA IF THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO ABUSE RESISTANT IR OXYCODONE TOO THAT WOULD SUCK SHIT, WOULDNT IT BE A HARD ASHIT THING TO ACCOMPLISH? i WELCOME ANY ONES THOUGHTS....

Last edited:
Hello everyone, i have read a Blue light topic about this before but nothing at all recent. I have a 30mg ir Roxi script and am kinda new to the generic or name brand scene. The only brand i have got was the Qualitest/vintage brand and 3 of them opposed to a name brand Oxycontin er 80mg and the Oxycontin 80mg feels stronger iv'd...? what do u think? also what brand is everyones favorite please elaborate. This month i would like to try something diff other than the qualitest that are stronger possibly, and over all better.....? I am aware some companies changed there pills like activus, malli supposedly and ethex and is why a current topic on this i think is very necessary......Thnkx
(Mods please leave this topic up due to no current quality info on this subject) thank You so much...dntcheckthtbxdoc

CAN A MODERATOR PLEASE PUT THIS IN A ACTIVE FORUM SO IT GETS SOME WANTED ATTENTION, PLEASE?

Last edited:
Hey ThunderMuff, hey what pharmacy did u pull your mallies at i could only find em at walmart and would like to go somewhere besides there for scripts. Also i noticed a more happy high w/ oxycontin(oc) as apposed to qualitest roxi 30's. Are the mallie 30mg roxis more like oxycontin type high? also have u tried to iv a roxi ever is so was it a mallie if so how did it go? i have had qualitest 30's for about 5 months and ya they work but they dont seem anything at all to brag to friends about, there has to be a different generic from a reputable company that is better to go with...? im also kinda curious aout Ethex roxi 30's ya they are hard as hell but do they have good things about em, anyone? thnks

Last edited:
In this thread compare and discuss everything about oxycodone ir pills generic and namebrand! I'd like to switch from qualitest to another brand and name brand i dont think is gonna be the choice either cause its kinda scarce and expensive (i dont know what pharmacy carries them), I really think i'm going w/ mallie roxi 30's for a few reasons:

1) lighter in color 2) a bit larger(i dont know why but i like that, ya i know more fillers) 3) i heard they dissolve exceptionally well...? 4) mallie oxycodone er pills i nthe past seemed to rock just like a 80mg oxycontin. 5)Mallincrodt is a pretty well known big name as opposed to qualitest/vintage or other knockoff roxi pills. bring all your current oxy ir discussions here for a current 2010 discussion on this pill. I started this thread topic for a reason I didnt feel there was enough comments on this and they were from years ago and since then they have re-formulated some of the roxi ir generics. Thanks everyone for any input

mallie 30mg irs have a actual 27mg's in them!!!

the mallies are my favorites, as an IV user.
ya i think for that reason they will be my favorite also....i went on the mallinkrodt webpage and it says they contain 27mg's or oxycodone freebase, oh and no talk which is good, i will do my best to look what other generics contain and hopefully others can help me thanks everyone

Here are all the current Brands of Oxycodone IR:
CORE Pharm (30mg pill contains 27mgs of Oxycodone freebase)
ACTAVIS/AMIDE
CORE PHARMA
ETHEX CORPORATION
KVK-TECH
Mallinckrodt (30MG PILL CONTAINS 27MG OF OXYCODONE FREEBASE -1% OF 30MG )
QUALITEST
XANODYNE Pharmaceuticals (NAME BRAND, ALSO HARD TO FIND SUPPOSEDLY) 30MG PILL CONTAINS A ACTUAL 27MGS OF OXYCODONE FREEBASE!!!(NO SHIT)
NOTE: I GOT THIS ACCURAE INFO. FROM THE ACTUAL WEBSITES FROM THE MANUFACTURER

***LOOK AT THESE COMPANIES WEBSITES FOR INFO. ON THE MG'S THE ACTUAL PILLS CONTAIN, I WILL AS WELL. THIS WILL SAVE CONFUSION AMONG THEM ALL. THANKS

Last edited:
Favorite IMO of Prescribed Opiates and Dosing

also what brand is everyones favorite please elaborate. This month i would like to try something diff other than the qualitest that are stronger possibly, and over all better.....? thank You so much...dntcheckthtbxdoc

I personally dislike anything with Acetaminophen in it bc of the low buzz, damage to liver and limited ways of ingesting. Dones, Roxi's, Vicodin, etc. have fillers like tylonol in it. this is why i prefer oxy's and in particular the green 80's. the IR's are great too but just smaller doses. Morphine is decent at best smoked and does the job IV'ed but swallowing or parachuting to me does nada.

oxy has so many ways of ingesting, this being another plus for me (basically being pure opium). ill grab a few 80's or something and depending on the mood im in and the high im seeking i can smoke them with the foil/straw method, snort them, parachute them or if im feeling a supernova of a high IV for Chill mode. snorting and smoking any prescription opiates with acetaminophen fillers or APAP is pointless IMO. the Tylenol and fillers do a lot of damage to a variety of organs and take away space in the pill that just as well could be opium... another hoorah for OC.

now to the list of favored highs (as of now) OC produces for me in descending order:
1.) SMOKING chills me out, my favorite. it
gives me a great nonchalant mind/body buzz with the capability of still functioning normally *downside is coughing up mucus the next few days. this is the natural way your body rids the fillers of the lungs but this subsides within three days at max and really isn't a problem. your body is built stronger than you think.*
2.) PARACHUTING a few 80's works like a charm. ittl getcha buzzed with the warm tingly feeling- stronger than smoking but i dont look or act near as normal as i do smoking them, but its controllable and defiantly comfortable.
3.) SNORTING OC's is great too but the amount and burn can be a burden. i consider this as a noticeable high as well.

If you wanna get the full effects and are Experienced, drink some alcohol or smoke some weed to throw a catalyst into the mix. Experiment SAFELY and know your boundaries.

I have full insurance coverage and met my deductible as my real OC's are covered and free. and im sure the generics are just as good but cheaper - generics of scheduled drugs are basically forced to be alike because of the strict nature of scheduled drugs.

I'd love to answer any personal messages as well about any drug or how to take it and ill do my best to give you a solid complete answer!

In the past I have always gotten the mallies and they provide the warm bubbly happy high and are a lighter shade of blue. So yes I would consider it close to the original OC happy euphoric high and if that's what you're after go for the mallies. Everyone started taking opies at one point in time or another. The best way I can describe them is that first time you take hydrocodiene and youre just all happy and giddy. My friends who IV prefer these to any other brand because they don't clog up there needles. This past month I went to a different pharmacy and got stuck with the Qualitest. They are a way more 'dopey' high. They hit me a lot harder than the M's and make me feel more sedated. I don't notice the happy giddyness it's more of a damn i'm really high I just want to chill kinda high. I am almost positive that I have gotten name brand roxi's before too. On the back there was what looked like a square root kinda thing and the pills were scored and it had i believe numbers below it and I can't remember what was on the front. Point i'm getting at is that they are just like the Q's as far as the high goes. It was my first time to mess with them and this was before I had scripts for my roxys and oxys and I do not have a low tolerance by any means. I would blow pretty much an 80 and a half then snort the other half not to long after. Anyways what i'm getting at is I blew two of these 30's not thinking anythng of it and it seriously put me to sleep in class. The Q's are the same way. If I blow two it gives me a heavy nod and if I blow 3 or 4 it feels like i just got ran over by a brick shit house. So there's really no worth in doing more than 3. So all in all for a good buzzy pain relieving high I prefer the mallies, but if I want to snort something an feel a heavy nod high I go with the q's. I don't even like to snort the M's just because of the euphoric feeling they give plus they last a whole lot longer and do a good job taking away my pain. I almost refuse to eat the q's just cause they make me so damn drowsy and im not really into that but it's fun every now and again I do love putting stuff up my nose. Hopes this helps and we can find info on some info on the other brands. One last thing. the Q's are about half the size of the M's. With them both being 30's and one bein half the size that tells me the M's have a lot of binders and fillers

Let the truth be told

Here are all the current Brands of Oxycodone IR:
CORE Pharm (30mg pill contains 27mgs of Oxycodone freebase)
ACTAVIS/AMIDE
CORE PHARMA
ETHEX CORPORATION
KVK-TECH
Mallinckrodt (30MG PILL CONTAINS 27MG OF OXYCODONE FREEBASE -1% OF 30MG )
QUALITEST
XANODYNE Pharmaceuticals (NAME BRAND, ALSO HARD TO FIND SUPPOSEDLY) 30MG PILL CONTAINS A ACTUAL 27MGS OF OXYCODONE FREEBASE!!!(NO SHIT)
NOTE: I GOT THIS ACCURAE INFO. FROM THE ACTUAL WEBSITES FROM THE MANUFACTURER

***LOOK AT THESE COMPANIES WEBSITES FOR INFO. ON THE MG'S THE ACTUAL PILLS CONTAIN, I WILL AS WELL. THIS WILL SAVE CONFUSION AMONG THEM ALL. THANKS

THIS STATES THAT BRAND NAME ROXICODONE PILLS (XANODYNE) HAS THE EXACT SAME AMOUNT OF OXYCODONE FREEBASE 27MGS AS THE MALLINKRODT BRAND 8o, AS FOR OTHER BRANDS I FOUND OUT THAT CORE ALSO HAS 27MGS AS WELL.

they will all have 27mg. as 27mg of oxycodone base equals 30mg oxycodone HCL.

10/325 mallinckrodt percs contain 8.97mg of oxycodone base which equals 10mg oxycodone HCL.

and to the poster a few posts up that said methadone, and roxi's have tylenol in them. you, my friend, are wrong. please do some research on such a post before posting. thats why you think they have tylenol in them, because someone else probably posted without doing any research. and then the wrong/stupid info gets passed along.

Mallinkrodt isnt so bad afterall

http://www.bioportfolio.com/resourc...oride-30-Mg-Tablets-And-Roxicodone-30-Mg.html

I FOUND THIS ARTICLE FINALLY AFTER LOOKING AROUND FOR SOMETHING ELSE IT COMPARES NAME BRAND ROXI TO MALLIE GENERIC 30MG IR PILLS, ITS A GOOD READ.......ENJOY!!!
Fed Study of Oxycodone Hydrochloride 30 mg Tablets and Roxicodone™ 30 mg Tablets
Summary

The objective of this open-label, randomized, two-period crossover study was to compare the
oral bioavailability of a Mallinckrodt test tablet formulation of oxycodone 30 mg to an
equivalent oral dose of a commercially available oxycodone tablet (Roxicodone� 30 mg, Roxane
Laboratories, Inc.) in a test group of healthy subjects under fed conditions.
Study Design

Allocation: Randomized, Control: Active Control, Endpoint Classification: Bio-equivalence Study, Intervention Model: Crossover Assignment, Masking: Open Label
Conditions

Healthy
Intervention

Roxicodone� tablet 30 mg, Oxycodone hydrochloride tablet 30 mg
Status

Completed
Source

Mallinckrodt
Results (where available)

View Results
Links

View Results

* Source
* Information obtained from ClinicalTrials.gov on July 15, 2010

Fed Study of Oxycodone Hydrochloride 30 mg Tablets and Roxicodone™ 30 mg Tablets
This study has been completed.
First Received: February 26, 2009 Last Updated: February 27, 2009 History of Changes
Sponsor: Mallinckrodt
Information provided by: Mallinckrodt
ClinicalTrials.gov Identifier: NCT00853736
Purpose

The objective of this open-label, randomized, two-period crossover study was to compare the oral bioavailability of a Mallinckrodt test tablet formulation of oxycodone 30 mg to an equivalent oral dose of a commercially available oxycodone tablet (Roxicodone™ 30 mg, Roxane Laboratories, Inc.) in a test group of healthy subjects under fed conditions.

Condition Intervention Phase
Healthy
Drug: Roxicodone™ tablet 30 mg
Drug: Oxycodone hydrochloride tablet 30 mg
Phase I

Study Type: Interventional
Study Design: Allocation: Randomized
Control: Active Control
Endpoint Classification: Bio-equivalence Study
Intervention Model: Crossover Assignment
Masking: Open Label
Official Title: An Open-Label, Randomized, Two-Period, Crossover Study to Evaluate the Relative Bioavailability of an Immediate Release Test Tablet Formulation of Oxycodone Hydrochloride (30 mg) Compared to an Equivalent Dose of a Commercially Available Reference Drug Product (Roxicodone™, 30 mg Tablet, Roxane Laboratories, Inc.) in Normal Human Subjects Under Fed Conditions

Resource links provided by NLM:

MedlinePlus related topics: Malnutrition
Drug Information available for: Oxycodone Oxycodone hydrochloride
U.S. FDA Resources

Further study details as provided by Mallinckrodt:

Primary Outcome Measures:

* Bioequivalence based on AUCt, AUCinf and Cmax [ Time Frame: Two-period crossover with blood samples obtained prior to and following each dose at selected times through 36 hours. Washout period between doses was 7 days. ] [ Designated as safety issue: No ]

Enrollment: 23
Study Start Date: February 2003
Study Completion Date: February 2003
Primary Completion Date: February 2003 (Final data collection date for primary outcome measure)
Arms Assigned Interventions
A: Experimental
Oxycodone hydrochloride tablet 30 mg
Drug: Oxycodone hydrochloride tablet 30 mg
Oxycodone hydrochloride tablet 30 mg, single dose with food
B: Active Comparator
Roxicodone™ tablet 30 mg
Drug: Roxicodone™ tablet 30 mg
Roxicodone™ tablet 30 mg, single dose with food

Last edited: