• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe *New Suboxone film * official thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
im gettin some of these in a few days cant wait to try them.
I love snorting my sub tho.I have a snorting fixation[hate the taste].

Still lookn forward to the strips though because sounds like they absorb WAY better SL route compared to tablets.My friend who jus left me house tried one yesterday and said he actually got high on 4mlgs..and he never gets high on sub when he takes it.

I wont be getting tablets since my guy gets thew strips now so I have to save my last 1mlg tablet lol

I agree with those who are saying that at lower doses you can get a rush of euphoria. I was IVing 6-8mg a day, and while I didn't feel bad, I got no good feelings whatsoever. Now that I'm down to 2mg IV daily, for an hour after I dose, there is a lingering opiate euphoria that I always enjoy. It's no shot of heroin, but its a nice feeling to go to work to nonetheless.

well, its about time i tried to taper down. im gonna look for james' tapering method. can anyone post a taper regimen real quick or PM me. im pretty busy. thanks.

well, its about time i tried to taper down. im gonna look for james' tapering method. can anyone post a taper regimen real quick or PM me. im pretty busy. thanks.

Here's my suggestion from 8mg

Day 1-3 6mg

Day 4-7 5mg

Day 8-14 4mg

Day 15-21 3mg

Day 22-30 2mg

Getting to 2mg is the easiest part and you can adjust your dose by the way you feel. Might need to split dose depending on sleep, appetite, energy...etc. From my own experience and those I know, most BMT clients can get from 8mg to 2mg within 30 days or sooner. I would recommend maintaining at 2mg for at least a couple of weeks before going any further.

From 2mg

Day 1-14 1.5mg

Day 15-30 1mg

Day 30-45 .75mg

day 46+ .50mg

I'm basically saying you should have little or no discomfort titrating your dose from 8mg to 1/2mg within a 3 month period. The worst you should expect is a little sweats, yawns, sneezing, and perhaps minimal insomnia. This is just a general guide for you to use and adjust to your own individual circumstance.

Tapering from 1/2mg to a 1/4 or less... is something you really can't set a time frame with since it's extremely diffcult for some and others do ok with it. I personally had a big problem getting to .25mg and after a couple of weeks there, [including a stop attempt] I went back and have maintanied on 1mg daily.

The real problem for most who've been on ORT for at least a couple of yrs is going to ZERO subs. With that you need a detailed strategy including a lot of support from non using family/friends and guidance from an addiction professional. When you make the final drop you may need to some comfort meds to get your thru the first few weeks which you can discuss with your md.

Here's a quick list to choose from:

Klonapin/Valium - sleep/anxiety
Clonadine- RLS- sleep
Loperimide- Immodium AD
Tramadol/Ultram
Soma- Sleep
Requip- RLS
Phenegren
Gabitril
Aleve
kratom
Kava Kava
Chicken Soup
Warm Clothes
Hot-tub/Hot baths
Ensure/Gatorade/water
exercise

ANTI-ANXIETY

* Mulungu. Erythrina

* Kava Kava root.

* Phenibut & Theanine & alcohol

* Valerian root.

* Passion flower.

* Hydroxyzine simply for the slight sedation it induces.

* Sominex-diphenhydramine

SLEEPING MEDS:
Seroquel
Ambien
Risperdal
Trazadone
Sominex
Warm Milk

I think subdudes method would work...but I think you could taper down much quicker than that. I think you could taper down to 2mg's within a week, or even a few days....its MUCH easier than you realize. I cant tell you how many people I know who were at a high dose that were able to taper to 2mg's or less within a few days or even one or two days sometimes. Its suprisingly easy for most people. Of course you may be different, but I think its worth a try...I mean you can always just take more suboxone if your feelin sick. Theres nothin to lose........you will more than likely be able to drop VERY quickly to 2mg's or under, but if you cant do it as easy as I described, you can just pop a bit more sub into your mouth(or however you do it) until you feel better.
Good Luck Other than that I think his method is a good one. Allthough, ive never noticed too much trouble going from 2mg's on down...im not sure why people say thats the hardest part...maybe it is for alot of people....but if I were you, I would just quickly lower your dose to like 0.5-1mg and if you start getting sick, just take some more until your all better....nothin to worry about. Also.....once you get down to a 0.2-0.5mg dose, I reccommend staying at that dose for atleast 3 weeks before jumping off. I have found this makes the WD's and PAWS much less severe and sometimes even non-existent.

^I'm going to say closer to 0.2mg than 0.5mg is ideal for jumping off. I'm currently about two weeks into jumping off of 0.5mg/day, having jumped from ~0.2mg in the past with ease... The withdrawal this time is significantly worse and lasting much longer. It probably doesn't help that I have gone on and off of bupe a few times in my life (it seems to get harder to quit every time with both opiates and benzos, IMO)... Still though, I'm being woken up every night after ~5-6 hours of sleep in pretty intense w/d. I take ~8g bali kratom usually twice during the day to help get me through... Two doses isn't enough to stretch 24 hours by a long shot, and this is why after a few hours of sleep I wake up to head-pounding withdrawal.

So yeah, I'd go as low as possible...

^I'm going to say closer to 0.2mg than 0.5mg is ideal for jumping off. I'm currently about two weeks into jumping off of 0.5mg/day, having jumped from ~0.2mg in the past with ease... The withdrawal this time is significantly worse and lasting much longer. It probably doesn't help that I have gone on and off of bupe a few times in my life (it seems to get harder to quit every time with both opiates and benzos, IMO)... Still though, I'm being woken up every night after ~5-6 hours of sleep in pretty intense w/d. I take ~8g bali kratom usually twice during the day to help get me through... Two doses isn't enough to stretch 24 hours by a long shot, and this is why after a few hours of sleep I wake up to head-pounding withdrawal.

So yeah, I'd go as low as possible...

how long were you at the 0.5mg dose before jumping off and what was your maintanence dose for the majority of your suboxone plan?

Also...the same questions but with the 0.2mg dose level.

Im very interested because I have found that if you stay at 0.2-0.5mg's for atleast several weeks after tapering down to it, its practically a breeze to jump off(assuming that you werent on a big maintanence dose that most doctors make there patients take, like anything over 4-6mg's).

Anybody know if/when the film is coming to Canada? Or maybe it has and I just haven't heard, my girls on Suboxone so I probably would of...

Anybody know if/when the film is coming to Canada? Or maybe it has and I just haven't heard, my girls on Suboxone so I probably would of...

maybe try looking that up on suboxones website or on a medical website somewhere. Im not sure really.

how long were you at the 0.5mg dose before jumping off and what was your maintanence dose for the majority of your suboxone plan?

Also...the same questions but with the 0.2mg dose level.

Im very interested because I have found that if you stay at 0.2-0.5mg's for atleast several weeks after tapering down to it, its practically a breeze to jump off(assuming that you werent on a big maintanence dose that most doctors make there patients take, like anything over 4-6mg's).

I may have stayed at 0.2mg for longer than I stayed at 0.5mg before dropping off. It certainly was a breeze at 0.2mg for me as well, which is why I am so dumbfounded at my situation this time. In both cases I was at 0.2 - 0.5mg for weeks, but now that you mention it, I am pretty sure that I stayed at 0.2mg/ day for like two months as opposed to like three weeks at 0.5mg/ day. Looking at it this way, it makes a little more sense. I'm glad you brought up the number of weeks held at that final dose because I had really forgotten how long I stayed at ~0.2mg last time!

Still though, the w/d I am experiencing is unreal for the dose I was at IMO... It is actually worse than coming off of ~40mg oxycodone/ day was somehow. I felt much more achy and sick from OC withdrawal, but I feel totally uncomfortable in my skin with this bupe withdrawal, almost like benzo withdrawal on top of opiate withdrawal or something...

Edit- My bupe maintenance dose was around 1mg/ day before tapering in both cases...

Jusa tried some of this strip base formulation yesterday and today.
It is OKAY.It absorbs better than the pill form in regards to SL route but I like snortin my subs so I am actually in the process of dissolving 2mlgs of the film in a small amount of water and then using an oral syringe to get it up into my nose.
Will report back once this is done.

Edit-I used .25ML of water.Dissolvd 1/8th of a 8mlg straip in the water.Drew it up into my oral syringe and then shot it into my nose.
I lost about half through drip because I snorted to hard or something.
Maybe I should just let the water slide in my nose and not snort at all?
Either way,it worked.I feel good.

Last edited:
I may have stayed at 0.2mg for longer than I stayed at 0.5mg before dropping off. It certainly was a breeze at 0.2mg for me as well, which is why I am so dumbfounded at my situation this time. In both cases I was at 0.2 - 0.5mg for weeks, but now that you mention it, I am pretty sure that I stayed at 0.2mg/ day for like two months as opposed to like three weeks at 0.5mg/ day. Looking at it this way, it makes a little more sense. I'm glad you brought up the number of weeks held at that final dose because I had really forgotten how long I stayed at ~0.2mg last time!

Still though, the w/d I am experiencing is unreal for the dose I was at IMO... It is actually worse than coming off of ~40mg oxycodone/ day was somehow. I felt much more achy and sick from OC withdrawal, but I feel totally uncomfortable in my skin with this bupe withdrawal, almost like benzo withdrawal on top of opiate withdrawal or something...

Edit- My bupe maintenance dose was around 1mg/ day before tapering in both cases...

Your experience is similar to mine dropping at .25. I've never tried kratom but I've heard good things about using trams for a couple of weeks followed by some clonidine as needed. When ever I get ready for another attempt... I think I'll try that.

Good luck to you...

I did what you did and it worked the same. It was a lot easier than the pills! I think I have been on it too long to get any big hdigh but I do feel a slight one creeping so let see… thanks sfor posting info!!

I filled my script today for 9 of the 8mg films. I normally inject my sub dose on a daily basis, so that was a big issue for me. I used to take an 8mg pill, cut it in quarters, and inject 2mg. After reading what others on BL have said about injecting the new film strips, I decided to give it a shot.

I cut the 8mg film into quarters (a lot harder to be precise compared to the tablets in my opinion, since the tablets are hexagons or whatever, and I can just cut on the line in the back, then in the middle. estimating the middle on the film is much harder), then took what I assumed to be 2mg and put it in my spoon. I added 100 units of water, and stirred the solution. The film took a little while to actually dissolve fully, like I expected, and the little pieces left over I had to physically move around to get to finally dissolve. I was surprised to find that unlike other posters reports, the solution wasn't *too* thick. It was a little thicker than water usually is, but I've had shots of black tar heroin that were thicker than this. I guess as long as you use enough water, and not too many mg of the sub strips, it really isn't that big of a deal. When I registered, the blood mixed with the solution fine, and I had the familiar lemon lime taste in my mouth, followed by the usual bupe feeling through my body.

As far as I'm concerned, the reports of the film being way too 'syrupy' and thick when attempting to IV have been over exaggerated. I'm in no way saying that I'm 100% sure it's safe to IV, but I do think that the thickness of the solution isn't as worrisome as some might imagine.

^^Agreed

I think I may be starting to develop a slight fascination with IVing these things, they're greattt. & while I know this is most likely not a completely safe procedure by any means, they are such a better option than the pills if you feel compelled to IV your subs, I never used too, but now I'm quite fond of it as I can obtain relief quicker and with muchh smaller doses than I would orally, and they don't wreak havoc on your veins at all, the few times I attempted to IV the pills, my veins became hard, sore, and swollen, I would attribute that to the corn starch filler, the films however, when I'm finished with the shot, you'd never be able to tell I booted anything at all.

Your experience is similar to mine dropping at .25. I've never tried kratom but I've heard good things about using trams for a couple of weeks followed by some clonidine as needed. When ever I get ready for another attempt... I think I'll try that.

Good luck to you...

I appreciate the comment. I highly recommend kratom; it helped me get through this. For the first time the past two mornings, I haven't woken up in withdrawal! (well, only slight withdrawal...) I'm still rough throughout the day at times, but I've certainly rounded the top of the mountain, so to speak...

Intranasal

Does anybody know if these can be placed in the nose and be absorbed through the membranes? I liked to snort my bupe due to the higher bioavailability. I've taken the film strips sublingually but they really dont give me the effects I was receiving from snorting the pills.

ah guys, give it up, its in film, no use trying, buy em off some1 whose doc gives out the tabs, just take it and b thankful it keeps ya out of W/D...i personally think the films dont do it for me, may be a placebo as i just started it

i am going to start the strips. this way i can actually fucking take them as prescribed. its just so hard to actually put those NAS-T tasting pills in your mouth and not be able to talk for an hour. i mean how can you not sniff it?

Status
Not open for further replies.