• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe *New Suboxone film * official thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I filled my script today for 9 of the 8mg films. I normally inject my sub dose on a daily basis, so that was a big issue for me. I used to take an 8mg pill, cut it in quarters, and inject 2mg. After reading what others on BL have said about injecting the new film strips, I decided to give it a shot.

I cut the 8mg film into quarters (a lot harder to be precise compared to the tablets in my opinion, since the tablets are hexagons or whatever, and I can just cut on the line in the back, then in the middle. estimating the middle on the film is much harder), then took what I assumed to be 2mg and put it in my spoon. I added 100 units of water, and stirred the solution. The film took a little while to actually dissolve fully, like I expected, and the little pieces left over I had to physically move around to get to finally dissolve. I was surprised to find that unlike other posters reports, the solution wasn't *too* thick. It was a little thicker than water usually is, but I've had shots of black tar heroin that were thicker than this. I guess as long as you use enough water, and not too many mg of the sub strips, it really isn't that big of a deal. When I registered, the blood mixed with the solution fine, and I had the familiar lemon lime taste in my mouth, followed by the usual bupe feeling through my body.

As far as I'm concerned, the reports of the film being way too 'syrupy' and thick when attempting to IV have been over exaggerated. I'm in no way saying that I'm 100% sure it's safe to IV, but I do think that the thickness of the solution isn't as worrisome as some might imagine

I am glad you had such a good first time with the IV sub film strips. I too have made solutions of the strips that seemed perfectly fine for injection. I think alot of the people who posted and said that there solutions seemed to be much more syrupy than normal and that they didnt think it was safe to inject the strips as a result.....I simply think that they were just not using enough water per mg of buprenorphine. I dont know why but for some reason, some people actually inject like 8mg's(or more even) of suboxone at a time, and when they got the new strips they assumed that then tiny strip would dissolve perfectly fine in water but they were mistaken. Because of the formulation of the strips you need to have a certain aount of water per mg to make it a nice liquid injectable solution and that probably is only possible if you are injecting like 2mg's or less a shot. Maybe up to 4mg's but I have not tried that nor am i planning on it. Besides, if you have to take 4mg's at once of suboxone then you really shouldnt be injecting it in the first place. There arent really any beneficial effects gained above 2-3mg's in my experience.
I, for example, only mix about 0.5mg's in each shot and I use a 1 cc syringe with about 90 units of water. This makes the solution excessively watery and thats fine with me.....water doesnt hurt my veins in that small amount, but an injection of a syrupy solution could.

i use 30 units whether .5 or 1mg. those are the doses i use for IV. this is with Qudict, an Indian brand of buprenorphine compounded with naloxone.

For suboxone tablets i usually used 30 units for 1mg, its impossible to break the pills under 2mg accuratley without powdering and split piles.

I am glad you had such a good first time with the IV sub film strips. I too have made solutions of the strips that seemed perfectly fine for injection. I think alot of the people who posted and said that there solutions seemed to be much more syrupy than normal and that they didnt think it was safe to inject the strips as a result.....I simply think that they were just not using enough water per mg of buprenorphine. I dont know why but for some reason, some people actually inject like 8mg's(or more even) of suboxone at a time, and when they got the new strips they assumed that then tiny strip would dissolve perfectly fine in water but they were mistaken. Because of the formulation of the strips you need to have a certain aount of water per mg to make it a nice liquid injectable solution and that probably is only possible if you are injecting like 2mg's or less a shot. Maybe up to 4mg's but I have not tried that nor am i planning on it. Besides, if you have to take 4mg's at once of suboxone then you really shouldnt be injecting it in the first place. There arent really any beneficial effects gained above 2-3mg's in my experience.
I, for example, only mix about 0.5mg's in each shot and I use a 1 cc syringe with about 90 units of water. This makes the solution excessively watery and thats fine with me.....water doesnt hurt my veins in that small amount, but an injection of a syrupy solution could.

I also used as much water with the lowest dose possible. I mean yea it was watery enough and it worked but bottom line is there is something in it that makes the water like that and just cause you dilute it that doesnt magically make it disappear it just means its too diluted to tell but that shit is still going into your veins and potentially clogging your veins/lungs and causing damage. I mean I did it twice but its not something I would ever make a habit of.

i never seen the point to IV suboxone, there is no immediate rush whatsoever. i always feel like dirt when i IV pills (except OC's) other day i IVed 15mg d-amphetamine, IDK what happen when i pulled the needle out light red blood squirted out but very little, affter that i got a rush that was soo intense on stimulants where u get that (i think this is the day where i die and my heart busts" feelings, never again will i do that shit

^ I have to pay for my suboxone out of pocket. If I were to take the equivalent dose sublingually, I would be paying 3 times as much. That is the *only* reason I IV my dose. I don't like having to pay $100 a month to keep me clean, but its better than paying $300 a month.

im hoping to get the strips soon. ive been injecting bupe for 4 yrs now. i fucking dont want to. i just cant stand the taste and would rather prep a shot in 2 mins that not be able to talk for 30 mins with this shit that makes me vomit oozing in my mouth. and then of course i only get 30% of the drug SL. i mean cmon.

hopefully the strips i can just take 4mg morning 4mg night. get rid of my needle fixation.

i never seen the point to IV suboxone, there is no immediate rush whatsoever. i always feel like dirt when i IV pills (except OC's) other day i IVed 15mg d-amphetamine, IDK what happen when i pulled the needle out light red blood squirted out but very little, affter that i got a rush that was soo intense on stimulants where u get that (i think this is the day where i die and my heart busts" feelings, never again will i do that shit

I have to disagree with you on that one man. I know from personal experince, that if you IV suboxone(in doses lower than 2mg's...I do 0.5mg's) you actually DO get a rush of euphoria from it. Its not as powerfull as a shot of heroin or something, but its still good enough to make me feel REALLY good and give me other good effects.
Also, your kinda right about there not being a rush "immediately"...cuz, when I IV'ed suboxone, I woul feel it right away, but just mildly, and then about 10-30 minutes later, I would get a really nice rish of euphoria and it is wonderful. I wish everyone could try tiny doses of suboxone for a while so they can understand how much more convenient and fun it is.

I have to disagree with you on that one man. I know from personal experince, that if you IV suboxone(in doses lower than 2mg's...I do 0.5mg's) you actually DO get a rush of euphoria from it. Its not as powerfull as a shot of heroin or something, but its still good enough to make me feel REALLY good and give me other good effects.
Also, your kinda right about there not being a rush "immediately"...cuz, when I IV'ed suboxone, I woul feel it right away, but just mildly, and then about 10-30 minutes later, I would get a really nice rish of euphoria and it is wonderful. I wish everyone could try tiny doses of suboxone for a while so they can understand how much more convenient and fun it is.

Do you do that for your first dose of the day or can you still get that feeling from injecting even after you have taken sub?

Do you do that for your first dose of the day or can you still get that feeling from injecting even after you have taken sub?

I get it every time I inject...usually 2-3 times a day of a 0.5mg shot. but yes, i have managed to learn a maintanence technique that allows me to get nice euphoria from suboxone an at the same time, not get addicted to it.

Also....the most important part of my methods is the fact that yo need to be on tiny doses...pretty much anything under 1mg, but it usually work better if you use even less. It all has to do with buprenorphines full agonist metablie that is able to bind to your receptors in very small doses, but not in high dose. So its like the opposite of other drugs, the less you tae the better you feel, and the more you take the worse you will feel.

I get it every time I inject...usually 2-3 times a day of a 0.5mg shot. but yes, i have managed to learn a maintanence technique that allows me to get nice euphoria from suboxone an at the same time, not get addicted to it.

Also....the most important part of my methods is the fact that yo need to be on tiny doses...pretty much anything under 1mg, but it usually work better if you use even less. It all has to do with buprenorphines full agonist metablie that is able to bind to your receptors in very small doses, but not in high dose. So its like the opposite of other drugs, the less you tae the better you feel, and the more you take the worse you will feel.

interesting,yeah i know larger doses make you feel like shit.Tomorrow im going down to 8mg's.Do you do three .5mg shots or three .17mg shots daily?

ive had great and potent euphoria from snorting bupe last three days.....

ive had great and potent euphoria from snorting bupe last three days.....

Yeah I typically find that snorting and plugging are the way to go. Im still a lil bit leary to try I.V'ing it tho. I dont allways snort or plug, Just started on the strips and havent figured out how to turn them into a powder base yet(but I will). However still have like over a hundo tabs laft as well.

Suboxone Film IV Experience

Cheers my fellow buprenorfiends, I've been lurking around these parts & absorbing the plethora of wisdom offered up by this community for just about the entire duration of my opiate (ab)use, ~5 years. That's a whole 'nother story, for a whole 'nother thread, but overall you will come to find that I'm pretty knowledgeable in this department. So without further introductions, allow me to explain what, after all these years, sparked my interest enough to finally register, & toss my two cents into the ring.

Currently, I am a suboxone patient, & have generally been keeping myself clean, with the exception of my first love, Mary Jane, for about 4-5 months now. I started @ 16mg daily, taking the traditional stop signs, I have now tapered down to 8mg daily, and have, as of the beginning of this month, switched over from the tabs to the SL Film. I wanted to post the experience I had IVing these films, not that it's anything shocking, but I figure some may find it informative given the current lack of info on the subject.

The first time I saw these bad boys, my initial thoughts were how ideal these things looked for bootin', especially compared to the Hex Tabs (Which I have also IVed *ick*) Well, about an hour ago, feeling restless, I finally decided to give it a go. I cut a strip down into two ~1mg doses, each about the size of a hit of LSD. At that point I was unsure if I wanted to bang 1 or 2mg, but I ended up dropping both of them in the spoon (I don't think I need to explain to you intelligent folks why less=more with Bupe, especially when IVing Sub). I cleaned my supplies off with an alcohol swap, and shot about ~70 units of water into my spoon. I had to mash it around with the plunger for a couple minutes for it to completely dissolve, I then applied a little heat for shits, I imagine that assisted a bit in breaking it down. Now, as other posters have noted, this stuff tends to thicken the solution to a somewhat slimy consistency, when I first received these strips, I attempted to dissolve a whole 8mg in a spoon, no intention of shooting, just wanted to see what I was working with. Now THAT turned into some slime, the likes of which I couldn't possibly draw up into my rig, and also had a very hard time dissolving the film itself completely. However, with a minimal dose, and the proper ammount of water (In this case 70 Units-2mg) I was able to produce a solution that was easy to work with, which I had no trouble drawing up, albeit slightly viscous. Now I would venture to guess that a micron filter would significantly increase the quality (&Safety!) of this solution, alas I do not have one at my disposal, soo up through my cigarette filter it goes, with very little effort might I add, into my 31 gauge sharp, I tie off..let's do this.

I stick myself in the left bicep, and am surprised at how cleanly my blood is able to flow into the rig, despite reading otherwise, here goes nothin', I depress the plunger & inject the first 35 units, ~1mg (better safe than sorry) Although there's not much in the form of a rush with this stuff, I do distinctly feel the Bupe wash over me. Next comes probably the strangest, and possibly most telling observation I made during this process. I look at the syringe, whose contents I have now injected half of, and notice that the blood which I drew in during my first shot, appears as if it is in suspended animation. I don't know how else to describe it, but it appeared as though the blood was frozen amid the contents of the rig, and did not move for several minutes, even when the sharp was shaken, or rotated. My guess is whatever inactive causes the slimy consistency of these films when dissolved, is responsible for suspending the blood. Eventually the blood in the syringe did diffuse, and the contents of it turned an even red, after quite a few moments of clarity with an immobile streak of blood in the middle. This had me thinking that this shit cannot be too good to be pumping into your veins..better than IVing the pills, with their cornstarch & 400mg of filler? Yes, probably healthier than that, but at the same time probably not too healthy at all, I would probably be more concerned about this than the white ink. Of course I had to finish my shot though, and that went just as smoothly as the first half, no soreness, hardened veins, or raised injection sights like I have gotten when IVing the Sub Tablets, so I imagine that if you must IV Sub, these strips are definitely a safer option, however the viscosity of it when dissolved, and the way the solution interacts with blood puzzles me, and is somewhat alarming. Does anybody have any insight about this, or general comments/questions?

Edit: If you actually read all of that, thank you..hell of a first post :) Please be as safe & responsible as possible people!

Last edited:
so people really get euphoria every time they use with small doses? ive been on this shit for years now and im skeptical that i would be able to feel anything by dropping my dose.

its wweird i talked to ppl and they said they were sick and tried IVing subxone and my friend said ';i didnt like it at all, it didnt just feel right at all, im never doing it again, yet ppl here say nalexone is too low for it too cause prec. W.D....whats the truth?

when one is taking suboxone for long time, as for me, i dont get ANY euphoria from it, just maybe a mood lift,energy to wake up, thats all, snorting, just makes it hit u quicer then sublingual, but same effect, IMO, but when i first tried subxone, a 1/4 tab got me ripped for 15 hrs.!

Hey just joined bluelight because of this thread...ive used this site for years but never felt the need to join. Anyway ive been on subs for 2 yrs now, and been injecting my dose for the last year. I just got the film yesterday, and cant really say im diggin it. I just dont feel like the bupe is dissolving when i prepare my shot...i use about 70-100 units water to about 2mg of sub film...anyone have any better method for injection...? Sublingual just doesnt hit me right, plus the films taste worse than the tabs, or at least muh tasty buds thinks so. Shit makes me gag

It is true that there is very little recreational value in Bupe for those who are stabilized on the medication, due to the interesting ceiling effect this drug has. Before I got on Sub, even with a substantial Smack/Oxy habit, a single 8mg tab would have me jammed up somethin' fierce into the next day. Now, not so much, even IVed it produces nothing more than an intravenous "sigh of relief" for me now, just a little glow that assures me my cravings will be held at bay, but Euphoria? No, not if your trying to compare it to the Euphoria that conventional Opiates produce, doesn't hold a candle. It is however nice to be able to IV a small dose & recieve the same effects as the unnecessarily large SL dose I started at, plus it pacifies the needlefreak in me. These strips are much gentler on the vein than the tablets were by far, however thats only an observational opinion, as I said in my previous post the slimy inactive in these things does worry me, & could be causing more damage than meets the eye, but until I figure out what exactly that inactive is, I can't be sure how dangerous it is, or isn't. I think it's safe to say that IVing these is not the healthiest thing to be doing, but it is a nice option to have, I just took my second ~1mg shot in the arm & I would shoot these thing over the pills any day. It is not however, something I plan to make a habit of, nor do I suggest you do. Probably going to take a break now, and start taking these as prescribed.

Edit:

I just dont feel like the bupe is dissolving when i prepare my shot...i use about 70-100 units water to about 2mg of sub film...anyone have any better method for injection...?

That's more or less the method I've been using (refer to my previous post for further detail) Are you using a 2mg film, or cutting up an 8mg? The strips don't dissolve very well on their own accord, but pushing my dose around w/ the plunger seems to work well for me, and the stip fully breaks down into the solution after a couple minutes of vigorous stirring, perhaps you should try heating it slightly? I'm not sure how beneficial that will be to you, if at all, but I've done it each time I've IVed a strip dose, & haven't had problems dissolving.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.