• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe *New Suboxone film * official thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I find rectal administration to be by far the best r.o.a. I just break off the tip of a 1 cc insulin syringe to make the hole in the tip larger, add about 70 units water to a crushed sub,stir it up, draw it up and bombs away.

I am also curious to those who have succesfully I.V'd the strips, how the effects compare to other r.o.a?Any feedback would be appreciated

Ive successfully prepped an IV strip shot and it wasnt syrupy or anything. But I have yet to actual inject it. but I would think that since it sontains the exact same active chemicals, it should feel pretty much the exact same.
Allthough I could be wrong.

Heres an update;I went to Walgreens today tp ick up my strips and they forgot to order them again!WTF!I dropped off my script over two weeks ago and had to go thru all the b.s of two p.a's. When it finally went thru they said they would automatically order it in and call me,never happened so I called them and they said they will order it now. So another 4 days later I went back to finally pick it up and once again it never got ordered. Well they told me it will be in for sure b4 noon 2morrow.I guess we will have to see. I am soo switching pharmacies. I am done dealing with these incompentent fucks.

I'm dealing with a similar situation with the walgreens in my area. I dropped off my script, was treated like an asshole ( the pharmacist/s always treat me like shit when i drop off my scripts for subs, like they are looking down at me for trying to clean up my life) they told me they didnt have them and would have to order them. they told me to call them the next day and maybe they would have them. I call them the next day and they tell me they ordered the wrong ones, the 2mg instead of 8mg strips. I say no big deal and when i try to go get them they tell me they cant give them to me because they werent the exact ones that were written on my perscriptsion. I then tell them to call my doctor but the bitch tells me she doesnt have time. at this point im getting aggrivated but still am trying to be a calm, resonable person... one of the problems im working on. I tell her thanks but no thanks and Ill take my script somewhere else... No she cant do it.
So now I have to wait 2 more days for these people to get thier shit together.
Not trying to get off topic and Im sure this must have been discussed already but i cannot understand why Im treated like a second class citizen when trying to fill my Suboxone. most of the time when I go to the Pharm Im coming from work dressed in a shirt and tie, i mean its not like i look like a crack head. I bet the farm i'd never have these issues if I was picking up blood pressure medication. Unbelieveable some of these fucking pharmacist, i feel your pain man

I have never had that problem when picking up a prescription for Suboxone, I am shocked a pharmacist would act like that towards you. :(

So do doctors have to differentiate between which they are prescribing on the scrip? I saw on the first page someone said your doctor needs to prescribe specifically the strips, however my scrip has always just said "suboxone" and the dose.

i dont know if the FDA is federally mandating the switch, but i think it's a slow process and alot of doctors are promoting it for more controlled dosing, abuse etc..my doc has me give him the empty wrappers back, if im short a wrapper he shorts me a wrapper. some docs havent done it yet, but alot of ppl already are on it in my area.i like the film strips they r small, dissolve fast, but a pain to cut the packet openhi every morning cutting the film to take ur dose, saving the empty wrappers and box..but i think they hit me fast as intranasally, but seems to not last long as the tablets, probably a placebo im going thru as im used to the tablets, i personally dont mind them i only care about being withdrawl free, i no longer use opiates, butim hooked on suboxone as its an opioid itself, substituting narcotic for narcotic, but a true addict doesnt get high from it, plus it blocks the effects of opiates. honestly i think it permanently changes ur brain chemistry even if u stop subs for a few weeks, i still seem to need the same AMT of OXY and heroin I used to DOSE with, and the high seems so much shorter, im happy i lost my touch for opiates,thanks to suboxone, but if i need it the rest of my life, so be it, i dont know when ill ever get off of it, dont plan to, if it keeps me opiate free and not think bout it even tho its a narcotic itself, im happy but a habit is a habit...film strips r fine to me, may miss sniffinf the tablets but not a big deal. since this new drug just came out, nediciaid doesnt cover the copayment as its not in the formulary yet? pharmasicist said he would call my doc to have me get coverage of tablets, but ididnt bother as its his cell phone and i have 2ndary insurance, ending up spending $30 on it..$30 of an opiate drug lasts me a month, verse paying $100+ a day for oxy or heroin to feel not in withdrawl...great deal, gratitude. my two cents

Ive successfully prepped an IV strip shot and it wasnt syrupy or anything. But I have yet to actual inject it. but I would think that since it sontains the exact same active chemicals, it should feel pretty much the exact same.
Allthough I could be wrong.

kool man keep me updated if and when you do a shot. be careful to:\

I am also very interested in injecting these films.
And if anyone has tried snorting them some way. (Like extracted the bupe and dried it)

on the script over here its different and it specifies "Suboxone FILM" or "Suboxone Tablets". Every patient gets a $75 dollar off card (probably because the system is soo slow,and those on medicaid wont get coverage yet until its added on the forumulary, the pharmiacist told me it takes time) thank god i have employer insurance 2ndary and paid $30, verse $400ed + and a $75 discount card...i used to be on medicaid and paid $3.=, the tablets still r covered by mediciaid but not yet for the strips, which is stupid considering the fact people on medcaid are knowingly getting screwed for awhile to it sets in the system, u can get reimbursted but that months, i find nothing too special bout the film strips, same color, same imprint N8, but no score, its orange and rectangular, u can use scissors to cut ur dose but it does dissolve fast and beats mouth full of liquid like tablets, which i used to hate, but honestly dont really mind either way what form its in, i just HATE needing scissors everytime i need to dose, saving empty packets, etc....honestly when i got my refill i got a craving for fentanyl cause they came in boxes like fentanyl (lol)....im not the type fo IV really anymore so i cant speak on that but it des seem to get "jelly, gooey" under ur tongue but im sure water it dissolves just as good, but id be scared to IV it considering its a FILM and whatever inactive ingrediants, but were on suboxone to get better people, right? to stop opiaates, IVing heroin etc...why do the same behaviors, suboxone IVed dont even give u a rush immediately it takes a few minutes which i dont understand, whats the point then? im still scared to IV suboxone of the Naloxone rumors, rather u ppl say its not true or not , ive heard otherwise from people, so i stay out of it dont chance it and just put it under my tongue, i will miss sniffinf the tablets, but i can still get them anyways from other people, not too big of a deal...

3wks ago they werent when i went...might be now, but the tablets r covered, pharmacist asked if i wanted him to call my doc to switch as ccant afford, i said NO as he is tooo busy ti pick up phone and i had 2ndary inurance $30 copay

alright I finally got them.Here is a pick of the box they come in and the individual packs. Havent taken one yet, will keep you posted~

Attachments

• ghyh.bmp
    93.4 KB · Views: 1,829
  • fddg.bmp
    85 KB · Views: 1,248
I have never had that problem when picking up a prescription for Suboxone, I am shocked a pharmacist would act like that towards you. :(

As am I Cap'n... I was baffled:?

I've heard similar stories from other people that had to deal with the Wallgreens' and CVS's in my area.

Im definitly over it but I think Im going to say something to my Doctor about it. I imagine he could contact the aforementioned retail chains and ask them to a) stock the strips as people will be needing them and b)show his patients alittle bit of respect.

Next time one of these pharmacist opens their mouth to me in a rude manner their going to get harassed accordingly

I filled my script today for 9 of the 8mg films. I normally inject my sub dose on a daily basis, so that was a big issue for me. I used to take an 8mg pill, cut it in quarters, and inject 2mg. After reading what others on BL have said about injecting the new film strips, I decided to give it a shot.

I cut the 8mg film into quarters (a lot harder to be precise compared to the tablets in my opinion, since the tablets are hexagons or whatever, and I can just cut on the line in the back, then in the middle. estimating the middle on the film is much harder), then took what I assumed to be 2mg and put it in my spoon. I added 100 units of water, and stirred the solution. The film took a little while to actually dissolve fully, like I expected, and the little pieces left over I had to physically move around to get to finally dissolve. I was surprised to find that unlike other posters reports, the solution wasn't *too* thick. It was a little thicker than water usually is, but I've had shots of black tar heroin that were thicker than this. I guess as long as you use enough water, and not too many mg of the sub strips, it really isn't that big of a deal. When I registered, the blood mixed with the solution fine, and I had the familiar lemon lime taste in my mouth, followed by the usual bupe feeling through my body.

As far as I'm concerned, the reports of the film being way too 'syrupy' and thick when attempting to IV have been over exaggerated. I'm in no way saying that I'm 100% sure it's safe to IV, but I do think that the thickness of the solution isn't as worrisome as some might imagine.

As am I Cap'n... I was baffled:?

I've heard similar stories from other people that had to deal with the Wallgreens' and CVS's in my area.

Im definitly over it but I think Im going to say something to my Doctor about it. I imagine he could contact the aforementioned retail chains and ask them to a) stock the strips as people will be needing them and b)show his patients alittle bit of respect.

Next time one of these pharmacist opens their mouth to me in a rude manner their going to get harassed accordingly

I completely agree!!im with you!!

**update**
i am really liking these strips, They are soo much easier than the tabs. They dissolve much faster than the tabs resulting in less loss from saliva. They also seem to work faster and maybe even a little better than the tabs. I am impressed.
**note**Just because something is possible to I.V, DOES NOT mean it is a good idea.
Take care peeps~

Discount Card for Buprenorphine Film:

http://suboxone.com/patients/here_to_help/savings.aspx?cid=sav/Default.aspx?cid=hthpf

Basic information about Buprenorphine film:

http://www.heretohelpprogram.com/suboxone_film/Default.aspx

Prescriber Information (Advanced information about Buprenorphine film):

http://www.heretohelpprogram.com/pdfs/SuboxoneSublingualFilmPI.pdf

Definitely use the discount program if you are new to this product. Every little bit helps- especially with a new, brand name product.

i am assuming that this disscount is only american not canadian as i am trying to get on suboxone myself just waiting for a call or email....

I'm trying to find a Suboxone doc tor right now, but what I'm wondering is if the sub film is cheaper then the pills or the same? Also is Subutex cheaper then Suboxone? I don't have a lot of money and I'm trying to do this the cheapest way possible. So far it's gonna cost me $250 for the first visit and $100 after that. I don't have insurance so it's gonna come out of my pocket for the script also. You would think that since they are trying to help people get off drugs they would at least cut you some slack when it comes to the cost of the treatment. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me....?

this also brings up my next question,,if i do get on suboxone or even methodone which i read is worse ,is it coverd mydissablity insurance or would i have to actually pay for it out of my pocket ,cause thats not even an option for me .........

Status
Not open for further replies.