• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe *New Suboxone film * official thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i didn't just take my dose i might have tried out sniffing the little cut up pieces of a strip. I may yet actually, im planning on jumping off bupe soon so why not one last hoorah. Just gotta make sure i don't take to much to be a setback.

I figure ill at least give this method a try before bashing it...

Besides, its a silly argument. If someone prefers and enjoys an ROA better than another, who who are you to tell them they're wrong for doing it?

Turns out i finally stabilized noticeably on my current dose so i don't wanna mess that up. So im not gonna bother trying this after all. I stand by saying he has his right to prefer doing it this way, correct me if i am wrong but he isn't trying to claim his way is necessarily better is he? He's just saying it works better for him.

Im curious to know if these films are water soluble, and if they were 'pluggable'.
I have tried researching this in a few different places, films seem to be relatively new, couldn't find much on it, so if anyone knows or has an Idea, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Im just hoping I'm not stuck with films that are going to make sick for a month.
Also, Ive been noticing alot of joint pain after about 6-8 hours of dosing on suboxone, and from what I've read , suboxone should last much longer than that.

My script is currently 800$(#90 , 8mg/2), does anyone know if Subutex is cheaper than suboxone?

Yes, the films are very soluble and plugging should be totally safe.

It could be that the suboxone isn't lasting longer because you are plugging it. Similar to the difference in duration for sniffing compared to sublingual.

Im not sure if subutex itself is cheaper, but you can get generic for subutex which certainly is cheaper. Though there aren't any "subutex strips" just so you know. Im sure your doctor would be more than happy to prescribe subutex instead if you explain you just simply cannot afford your script of suboxone.

Congrats :) I woke up today realizing I have finally stabilized also! After a week and a half of feeling pretty crappy, yesterday was pretty decent and today has been great. One odd thing I noticed.. when I was previously going between 4-6mg, I often did not feel that great for the whole day. I'd feel awesome up until late afternoon, then I'd feel like my sub wore off and I needed to dose again. And so I would, which was why I would often end up taking more than the 4mg I am prescribed. I've weened down to 2mg and I noticed that yesterday I felt great all day. Today, I woke up way late, as I do most Saturdays since I'm off work, and instead of feeling super crappy and kind of achy like I normally feel after sleeping through my usual dosing time, I felt fine. I probably could have held off dosing for awhile, but I did about an hour after I got up for the hell of it. It's just so odd to me that I can feel so much better on half the dose I was taking.

Turns out i finally stabilized noticeably on my current dose so i don't wanna mess that up. So im not gonna bother trying this after all. I stand by saying he has his right to prefer doing it this way, correct me if i am wrong but he isn't trying to claim his way is necessarily better is he? He's just saying it works better for him.

Do they have that same awful taste that the pill form of suboxone has? Stuff makes me wanna vomit just thinking about it
they taste bad, but there so much smaller that there's less "stuff" to absorb, so you dont end up with a mouthfull of gross stuff

insufflation vs sublingual

Why would you snort them? either way they are being absorbed thru a mucus membrane right? so why do it in your nose instead of your mouth? Just asking, I have only used the strip once.

the taste of the film is somewhat like...pine sol? well ive never tasted pine-sol, but its what i imagine it would taste like. its sort of a shitty lemony lime flavor. i guess i dont mind the taste because i HATE how the pills tasted. the films are different and since ive been on suboxone for over a year now, a change is nice i guess. plus, with the films, it dissolves so fast that i dont mind having that crappy taste in my mouth for 5 minutes, compared to the orange ickyness of the pills sitting in my mouth for 20 minutes.

JamesBrown, I must say, you really made me lol. Honestly, what makes you think my method wouldn't work? As I said, it works just as good, if not better than snorting the tablets.

Also, if you're going to say that what I'm doing is wrong, please provide some facts to back up what you're saying. Otherwise, just saying you disagree doesn't hold any water. It's not like bupe isn't water soluble like the majority of benzodiazepines.

I couldn't agree with you more. The only problem with these forums is that there is always the couple dudes or gals that think they know everything and there methods trump everything else. Use what method works best for you and your recovery cause that is what is important.

I never really thought about it, but they DO kinda taste like pine sol! maybe that's why I don't mind the taste so much. I always loved the smell of pine sol as a kid:p

the taste of the film is somewhat like...pine sol? well ive never tasted pine-sol, but its what i imagine it would taste like. its sort of a shitty lemony lime flavor. i guess i dont mind the taste because i HATE how the pills tasted. the films are different and since ive been on suboxone for over a year now, a change is nice i guess. plus, with the films, it dissolves so fast that i dont mind having that crappy taste in my mouth for 5 minutes, compared to the orange ickyness of the pills sitting in my mouth for 20 minutes.

I always assumed that the drip was god but that makes a lot of sense. when you do it sublingually, you keep it there as long as possible to absorb it correctly, so it only makes sense to keep it in your nose longer. never thought about that. thanks, V!

When you snort it are you sniffling hard trying to get it to drip? If so, don't do that, doing so only pulls your dose down your throat which is undesirable. You want it to be on your mucous membranes as long as possible. The reason I say that is because it seems to be common knowledge ( although it's incorrect ) that the drip is what gets you high.

I always assumed that the drip was god but that makes a lot of sense. when you do it sublingually, you keep it there as long as possible to absorb it correctly, so it only makes sense to keep it in your nose longer. never thought about that. thanks, V!
No problem, I like to help where I can. The only time that I can think of off hand where it would be good to get a drip would be if you were snorting benzos, because benzos aren't water soluble ( most of them at least ). The reason why it would be good to get a drip is because they work just fine orally, therefore they shouldn't be insufflated anyway. But if someone were to, ( which a lot of people do ) an immediate drip would do more than keeping it up your nose. To sum it up, don't snort benzos. I hate when I see someone snort something and sniffle hard trying to get a drip. It's such a waste.

I couldn't agree with you more. The only problem with these forums is that there is always the couple dudes or gals that think they know everything and there methods trump everything else. Use what method works best for you and your recovery cause that is what is important.
Yeah, it seems to be pretty common over the internet. The worst part is that it's usually someone that has NO clue what they're talking about. It also seems like a lot of people that post on forums don't understand the concept of an opinion.

Why would you snort them? either way they are being absorbed thru a mucus membrane right? so why do it in your nose instead of your mouth? Just asking, I have only used the strip once.
The reason for snorting them is simple, buprenorphine has a higher biavailability when insufflated than it does taking it orally.

Last edited:
Thanks Caseface, appreciate it, Yeah, my doctor is pretty cool, whats weird is , My regular psychitrist, which I had seen for 6-8 years, had been prescibing me meds, and ended up getting on suboxone without telling him, and about 1 1/2 months after being on sub, the suboxone doctor I had (who has cancer) couldn't make it to work anymore, so , who ofcourse fills the position? Thats right, my psychitrist Ive known for 8 years, he pretty much gives me anything I want , lol. Thats a blessing and a curse in itself though, as Ive gotten myself addicted to a few meds, just because he trusts me with them, and if I ever have a problem, he tapers me off.

But , since subutex generic would be cheaper, and suboxone seems to give me headaches (I believe its the nalexone), I'm pretty sure he'd have no problem switching me over. And thanks again for the info, I really appreciate it,
Im beggining to think plugging those sub pills 8mg with so many fillers, I wonder if my colons made of orange wax. Ew.
Best of luck to all who start suboxone, its truly a miracle drug . Im so glad I got off of methadone and stepped down to suboxone, soon , I hope i can step down from suboxone and be off the train. Thanks again for the help.

(whats weird is this doctor was treating my mother before I was even born, and for some weird reason, Ive been seeing the same docotor (mind you, my mom lived half way across the state, and we randomly just find this doc when Im older half way across california ? lolll, then not only does he become my psychitrist for 6 years and treated me for severe anxiety, depression and insomnia (Hmm wonder why I had those symptoms all the time), but a month or two after Ive been on suboxone, i walk into the clinic, and instead of seeing the old man who , theres my buddy! My doctor! haha.)

Last edited:

Yeah, it seems to be pretty common over the internet. The worst part is that it's usually someone that has NO clue what they're talking about. It also seems like a lot of people that post on forums don't understand the concept of an opinion.

Both of you please don't be discouraged from coming to Bluelight by people like this. If someone specifically breaks a rule or posting standard than simply report their post. Otherwise if they're just being arrogant simply ignore them. :)

If you wish to edit your post simply use the edit button. If you wish to easily quote multiple people, for the first few click the "+" button next to the "Quote" button - for the last post you wish to quote click the "Quote" button, and all of the posts will come up at the same time ready for you to quote and respond to. There is no need to post many times in a row. :)

Thanks Caseface, appreciate it, Yeah, my doctor is pretty cool, whats weird is , My regular psychitrist, which I had seen for 6-8 years, had been prescibing me meds, and ended up getting on suboxone without telling him, and about 1 1/2 months after being on sub, the suboxone doctor I had (who has cancer) couldn't make it to work anymore, so , who ofcourse fills the position? Thats right, my psychitrist Ive known for 8 years, he pretty much gives me anything I want , lol. Thats a blessing and a curse in itself though, as Ive gotten myself addicted to a few meds, just because he trusts me with them, and if I ever have a problem, he tapers me off.

But , since subutex generic would be cheaper, and suboxone seems to give me headaches (I believe its the nalexone), I'm pretty sure he'd have no problem switching me over. And thanks again for the info, I really appreciate it,
Im beggining to think plugging those sub pills 8mg with so many fillers, I wonder if my colons made of orange wax. Ew.
Best of luck to all who start suboxone, its truly a miracle drug . Im so glad I got off of methadone and stepped down to suboxone, soon , I hope i can step down from suboxone and be off the train. Thanks again for the help.

No problem. ;)

And i wouldn't worry about your colon, anything left behind from the pills should eventually be expelled as you relieve yourself. I think you were half joking anyway but if you're really worried about it you could always use a micron filter.

Good luck getting off the train, it can be tough when it seems like you have to jump off while its speeding down the tracks. If everything goes as planned I'll be jumping off in 3-4 days.

Only constructive criticism guys, please... If something doesn't make sense to you, it is fine to ask questions about it, but do not criticize unless there is real benefit to be had, and even then, do so respectfully and to the point.

So I'm jumping off suboxone in a few days with Kratom and figured this wouldn't cause a set back, so i snorted an extra .2mgs using the method that's been debated over the last couple pages. I sliced it up into as small of pieces as i could and shorted it like i would powder.(i take .5 daily so that should make a noticeable difference)

This was about 15 minutes ago, haven't noticed any effect yet.. I'll edit with updates though.

update: I still still feel the same amount of withdrawal i usual feel. I'd like to note that i took my SL dose hours ago so .2 snorted should have taken effect by now, its been about 30 mins.

Last edited:
^Maybe snort a little water (actually, saline nasal spray would be best as it wouldn't irritate your nose) behind it to moisten up your nasal passages a bit? It is probably not dissolved if you're not feeling it.

^Maybe snort a little water (actually, saline nasal spray would be best as it wouldn't irritate your nose) behind it to moisten up your nasal passages a bit? It is probably not dissolved if you're not feeling it.

I was just about to go do this, although that makes the experiment a failure. The point was to test out how well the method of simply cutting up the strips into small pieces and snorting would work since its been argued about over the last few pages of this thread. Snorting water/saline after words wasn't part of the ROA, meaning that unless my nose is unusually dry, which i don't think it is because its not irritated, then this method sucks for the strips IMO. But hey, to whoever it was that uses the strips like this - my defense of your method still stands. If it works for you that's great, don't let people get you down when they try to bash you for something because its the way you prefer doing it.

Update- Even after sniffing like 15 drops of water off the tip of my finger it still hasn't worked much, interesting... I'll try sniffing a larger amount and see if i taste the sub in my throat.
Edit: which i didn't, so i just put about another .15 in a cap and dissolved it in a little water, i was going to sniff it out of the cap but said fuck it and just dropped it under my tongue. Experiment was a failure, and that's the only reason i was snorting it. Now all i care about is seeing if i can get a slight buzz by taking just under 1mg, I'm not sure if my tolerance is low enough yet though because i still get slight withdrawal on my daily dose of .5mgs.

Good luck! I am interested to hear how this goes for you. :)

Thanks, I'll be posting updates/questions/concerns/etc related to how it goes in the main buprenorphine thread.

Last edited:
Well, I was partially joking and partially serious.(just dont want to cause permanant damage, ya know?)

With those suboxone tablets, there were so many fillers, and the pill was huge.
As I mentioned before, I plug to help nausea from my ulcer and headache (which I believe is from nalexone)
Well, I've noticed, ever since I started plugging suboxone ( and this has only happened with suboxone, I've plugged Morphine, Oxy, etc) my stool seems to have white wax in it

I was going to bring it up to my doctor, but , its just seems odd, and hard for me to bring up.
He knows I used to be addicted to Morphine, then Oxy, then got on the needle and started heroin.
I have had the same doctor for quite some time, but I think if I tell him Im plugging my medication he might
have second thoughts on my use (as the suboxone doctor I see an hour away from town, is my psychitrist that I see that also works down the street)[works 4 days a week, 2 days in each town, 3 days off , and still makes triple figures]

Also, plugging seems to be hit or miss, Im wondering if this is because opiates slow the G.I. tract and can cause constipation, I do plug on a regular basis , and Im wondering if what I'm plugging is just getting abosrbed into feces , or if it even works that way. Sorry about bringing this up, I know alot of people seem to frown on plugging , its just the only thing I can do to keep me from getting sick and getting headaches from sub.
And the only thing I could think of that would effect the absorbtion rate in the colon would be if theres anything else in there.

And thanks, hah, hopefully I won't be jumping off the train at full speed ;), hoping to slow myself down to .5mg or less a day and hop off, then Ill start working on slowing down my intake of benzos. I was on 24mg a day of sub, Im down to about 1.5-2 8mg sub a day now, so I'm trying, just hope I keep on track

Last edited:
For plugging to work properly you would ideally have a bowel movement first. Feces in the rectum could absolutely negatively impact the amount of drug absorbed. And if the fillers/binders are coming out on the feces, that's a good thing. It means they aren't building up in you're ass. ;)

There are a number of OTC products that can help with producing a bowel movement. Stool softeners, laxatives, and a high fiber diet will almost certainly do the trick. There are laxatives that you take at night and then you can produce a movement when you wake up in the morning. "shitting all over yourself" won't happen unless you eat more than the recommended dose so don't worry about that. Good luck. :)

For plugging to work properly you would ideally have a bowel movement first. Feces in the rectum could absolutely negatively impact the amount of drug absorbed. And if the fillers/binders are coming out on the feces, that's a good thing. It means they aren't building up in you're ass. ;)

There are a number of OTC products that can help with producing a bowel movement. Stool softeners, laxatives, and a high fiber diet will almost certainly do the trick. There are laxatives that you take at night and then you can produce a movement when you wake up in the morning. "shitting all over yourself" won't happen unless you eat more than the recommended dose so don't worry about that. Good luck. :)

lol, thanks, guess Ill keep that box of triscuts handy for when I get the munchies, those things always make me shit, haha, appreciate the info,
Now lets just hope I can be one of the rare people that use suboxone daily and poop daily, hah

And yeah, thats what I was thinking is that the wax might be getting hardened after it gets plugged and stuck inside , but I guess thats not the case, I do need to goto the doctor and have something checked, Seems since I've been plugging I've been peeing much more often and its very difficult to get the stream started, I never had that problem with morphine or oxy, Curious if it could be a prostate problem, hope not , guess I'll find out eventually.

Once i got sober from everything besides my maintenance dose of suboxone i started shitting *almost* every other day. Depends on how much fiber i eat i think but i don't eat fiber on purpose so its not like i keep track. I don't really care haha its still more often than i am used to. Besides, i don't think i shat every day consistently even before i did drugs.

Lets move on though, this topic is... wait for it... Shitty. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.